Wearing a Mask

imsickofyoshi

Established
The new trend in my town seems to be to not wear a mask until you see someone coming towards you, then, when you come closer put the mask on and take it off again once you passed them...if you're that paranoid, why not actually cross the street (I'm talking about empty easily crossable streets) instead of looking at people not wearing it as if they're criminals?
They don't even step aside, just give you angry looks...
I distance when I do not know others stance on this thing. I just do not want to be judged as an a hole. You never know where people fall on these things. So I can see why some may strap it on/off. I guess its just polite in their heads.. I do not know. This whole thing is a mind screw.

imsickofyoshi

Established
Im tired of fighting, really. I had been testing to see where I can get away with it with success so far, beside the library where I was asked to use sanitizer, and to pull the mask all the way over my face. Im tired of being treated like a walking disease. Like my user, I am sick of this sh*t. Im not even getting into the hypocrisy I see at the ob gyn --(rules for me but not thee) oh, what a show that is!

It is sad cause I really like that library cause it has more, but the more "free-er"?? library who has not said anything to me barely have any books.

Also why they always have to trot out the immunocompromised whenever they have an agenda? Has anyone else noticed?

A.J.

Star
Why is this frenzy taking place?

Here is a clue. On July 12, Deborah Cohen, the medical correspondent of BBC2’s Newsnight, revealed an astonishing thing. The World Health Organisation (WHO) had reversed its advice on face masks, from ‘don’t wear them’ to ‘do wear them’.

But the key fact was that it had not done so because of scientific information – the evidence had not backed the wearing of face coverings – but because of political lobbying.

She revealed on Twitter that: ‘We had been told by various sources [that the] WHO committee reviewing the evidence had not backed masks but they recommended them due to political lobbying.’ She said the BBC had then put this to the WHO, which did not deny it.

In March, the WHO had said: ‘There is currently no evidence that wearing a mask (whether medical or other types) by healthy persons in the wider community setting, including universal community masking, can protect them from infection with respiratory viruses, including Covid-19.’

The American TV news channel CNN reported on March 31 that Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO health emergencies programme, had said at a briefing in Geneva: ‘There is no specific evidence to suggest that the wearing of masks by the mass population has any potential benefit.

‘In fact, there’s some evidence to suggest the opposite in the misuse of wearing a mask properly or fitting it properly.’

A few weeks ago, the WHO changed its advice to say it ‘advises that governments should encourage the general public to wear masks where there is widespread transmission and physical distancing is difficult, such as on public transport, in shops or in other confined or crowded environments.’

Earlier that same month, England’s chief medical officer, Chris Whitty, had said that wearing face masks would do little to combat the outbreak.

While noting that if someone was infected, they might reduce the danger of spreading the disease by covering their faces, Prof Whitty said wearing a face mask had almost no effect on reducing the risk of contracting the illness.

He stated: ‘In terms of wearing a mask, our advice is clear: that wearing a mask if you don’t have an infection reduces the risk almost not at all. So we do not advise that.’....

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Why is this frenzy taking place?

Here is a clue. On July 12, Deborah Cohen, the medical correspondent of BBC2’s Newsnight, revealed an astonishing thing. The World Health Organisation (WHO) had reversed its advice on face masks, from ‘don’t wear them’ to ‘do wear them’.

But the key fact was that it had not done so because of scientific information – the evidence had not backed the wearing of face coverings – but because of political lobbying.

She revealed on Twitter that: ‘We had been told by various sources [that the] WHO committee reviewing the evidence had not backed masks but they recommended them due to political lobbying.’ She said the BBC had then put this to the WHO, which did not deny it.

In March, the WHO had said: ‘There is currently no evidence that wearing a mask (whether medical or other types) by healthy persons in the wider community setting, including universal community masking, can protect them from infection with respiratory viruses, including Covid-19.’

The American TV news channel CNN reported on March 31 that Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO health emergencies programme, had said at a briefing in Geneva: ‘There is no specific evidence to suggest that the wearing of masks by the mass population has any potential benefit.

‘In fact, there’s some evidence to suggest the opposite in the misuse of wearing a mask properly or fitting it properly.’

A few weeks ago, the WHO changed its advice to say it ‘advises that governments should encourage the general public to wear masks where there is widespread transmission and physical distancing is difficult, such as on public transport, in shops or in other confined or crowded environments.’

Earlier that same month, England’s chief medical officer, Chris Whitty, had said that wearing face masks would do little to combat the outbreak.

While noting that if someone was infected, they might reduce the danger of spreading the disease by covering their faces, Prof Whitty said wearing a face mask had almost no effect on reducing the risk of contracting the illness.

He stated: ‘In terms of wearing a mask, our advice is clear: that wearing a mask if you don’t have an infection reduces the risk almost not at all. So we do not advise that.’....

BANG!!

Daze

Superstar

For those who can't be bothered to watch a 30 second video here's the transcript.

BoJo - " Tell us about the value of wearing facemasks, you see facemasks everywhere all around the place. is there any point to that?"

Guest - " If a healthcare professional hasn't advised you to wear a facemask, its usually quite a bad idea. People tend to leave them on. They contaminate the facemask and then wipe it over something. So its really not a good idea and doesn't help."

Expect the video to be removed, after all the channel its shared from is PK censored. Another reason why i bothered to transcribe it.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

For those who can't be bothered to watch a 30 second video here's the transcript.

BoJo - " Tell us about the value of wearing facemasks, you see facemasks everywhere all around the place. is there any point to that?"

Guest - " If a healthcare professional hasn't advised you to wear a facemask, its usually quite a bad idea. People tend to leave them on. They contaminate the facemask and then wipe it over something. So its really not a good idea and doesn't help."

Expect the video to be removed, after all the channel its shared from is PK censored. Another reason why i bothered to transcribe it.
He's like Trump in some regards... including the fact that his non-filter occasionally benefits his electorate.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Has to be an nwo narrative for the west to look like outspoken narcissistic assholes.

I always hear the world isn’t too fond of americans.
Which makes me hesitant to travel outside the US
Perhaps so, but most of the world loves Mexicans! Including Mexican-Americans...

justjess

Superstar
It appears the phenomenon is becoming more about aggressive virtue-signaling/confrontation/condemnation than actual health concerns. Im noticing that quite a few "progressives" feel all emboldened to have big Gov. on their side for a change and are hyper-aggressively flagging out any perceived opportunity to try and check others.....
Or maybe what she described are people who really don’t want to or don’t like wearing masks and they are putting it on only when necessary and taking it off as soon as it isn’t any longer? That’s what it sounds like to me.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Or maybe what she described are people who really don’t want to or don’t like wearing masks and they are putting it on only when necessary and taking it off as soon as it isn’t any longer? That’s what it sounds like to me.
Well, thats where Im at with it... I wear it when absolutely required... I just don't make a fuss about it.

However, that does not negate the phenomenon of left/woke/liberal/progressive /etc. identifying people aggressively flexing on those they perceive as "others" with the mask being used as the instigation point for confrontation.

justjess

Superstar
Well, thats where Im at with it... I wear it when absolutely required... I just don't make a fuss about it.

However, that does not negate the phenomenon of left/woke/liberal/progressive /etc. identifying people aggressively flexing on those they perceive as "others" with the mask being used as the instigation point for confrontation.
People suck. I’ve seen the opposite as well so I’m not going to pretend like this is a problem of one side or the other. I was talking to my son outside the gas station telling him he needed to wear a mask when he went in the store and some lady at the atm started screaming at me that she doesn’t have to wear no damn mask - I wasn’t even talking to her or doing anything to give her the impression I was at all.

There was a huge fight on the towns Facebook after a party in the park between mask wearers and non mask wearers. Both sides got pretty nasty and it was embarrassing to even read. Say anything on this site about wearing a mask and be prepared to be attacked relentlessly as well. Every one is behaving horribly on both sides of the issue.

Tidal

Star
Hey people, I was zapped bad by the virus in May and felt half dead for a week or two, but as I didn't have shortness of breath I decided to ride it out and not bother calling a doctor.
After recovering, I'm still not back to 100% health because every few weeks I keep getting a sniffly nose and red dracula eyes, and I don't know if I'm now a carrier liable to infect other people.
Question to VC members- would you like me to wear a mask or not, just in case we bump into each other in the grocers?
And suppose you see me unmasked, would you and your family mask up to protect yourself?

Me unmasked-

Me masked-