Wearing a Mask

A.J.

Star
Interesting comment I’ve come across (See Below).
Also related, I’ve witnessed first-hand, individuals really struggling in the workplace due to poor or insufficient air quality (circulation) and their inability to work while receiving sufficient oxygen....

see comment and the link I found which seems to confirm the concern.

“I saw a presentation by an OSHA expert on masks and she was saying that operating rooms in hospitals enhance oxygen levels in the operating room to compensate for the rebreathing of CO2 for the doctors and nurses. She also said that most doctors and nurses are not aware of this fact and should not be saying they have no problem wearing masks for many hours, since they have a special environment which allows that to happen.”

https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3079/osha3079.html
This is really great and covers all the bases.....

A Freeman

Superstar
Why do people pull their masks down when they can’t hear someone talking to them? That’s what I want to know.
Probably because they don't want to have their reply muffled, after experiencing it firsthand from some other masked man or woman. If nobody wore them in the first place, they wouldn't obstruct the airways for breathing or for talking.

A.J.

Star
dr. fauci’s hypocrisy is off the charts

polymoog

Superstar
dr. fauci’s hypocrisy is off the charts

the bottom text is there BEFORE he even says it!! obviously its taped, but they are marketing it as live by the tab above the CNN logo. eyes to see....

more importantly, weve dealt with the useless masks and social distancing for MONTHS now. and faux-chi is telling us that the numbers are rising? he basically proved that both measures are useless.

meximonk

Star
The Biden Plan to Beat COVID-19

"As president I'll mandate mask wearing in all federal buildings and all interstate transportation.... because masks save lives; period! ...wearing a mask is not a political statement... its a scientific imperative." - biden
I love how they just blatently ignore the elementary school level science on this and then claim the opposite.

polymoog

Superstar
I hate hate hate this mask thing more every day. I'm getting into full conspiracy mode again. Starting to really doubt everything once again. This is fascism.
how do you fall off the proverbial wagon when it comes to conspiracies? you are onboard or you were never on at all.

in any case, can you use the medical exemption where you live? got yourself a big lollipop? :)

DevaWolf

Veteran
how do you fall off the proverbial wagon when it comes to conspiracies? you are onboard or you were never on at all.

in any case, can you use the medical exemption where you live? got yourself a big lollipop? :)
Such black and white thinking. I've been 'on board ' all this time, just ranging between moderate and more extreme views. I have just become more extreme.
You never question yourself?

polymoog

Superstar
You never question yourself?
not... really. no. which is probably a bad thing if one wants to keep an open mind. thats not to say that if evidence to the contrary appears that i will not change my mind.
of course, sometimes i try to put myself in the anti-conspiracy theory mindset and imagine that the conspiracies are all fake, but then i start trying to prove all of the evidence wrong and i find i simply cannot do it. it doesnt make any sense from the official point of view.

A.J.

Star
On a somewhat related note. They definitely want global response uniformity.....

“ I want to ask you a couple of questions about -- about COVID-19 and -- and IMF. One is a pretty, you might knock it out of the park -- the President of Belarus, Lukashenko had said, has been quoted that the IMF tried to “bribe him to impose a lockdown by offering COVID relief funds” which was in Delta (phonetic) the telegraph has taken the media of Belarus. So I wanted to know what your understanding, what your response would be to those who would say that offering the aid is is trying to strong arm governments into taking the pandemic more seriously. And then I also wondered about corruption. It’s been -- there’s been investigation in Kenya about how supplies are being purchased and -- and distributed. And there’s some similar issues in Cameroon and Honduras and I just -- I wanted to follow up on countries you previously gave relief, just to know how active is the IMF in monitoring or in keeping its finger on the pulse of -- of corruption issues in some countries that arise in terms of the response to COVID-19 with IMF helps? Thanks a lot.

MR. RICE: Thank you very much for those questions, Matthew. On Belarus, what I can tell you is that in March, Belarus approached the Fund with a request to discuss possible emergency assistance, but no agreement was reached, and we have not found a way to bridge significant differences about the appropriate response to the present challenges. The Rapid Financing Instrument, which is our emergency -- one of our emergency financing mechanisms, does not carry hard conditionalities that I explained at the top of the briefing, but assurances of transparency and appropriate policy actions are required to ensure that the funds are used to address the pandemic and to facilitate economic stabilities. We’re actually getting into your next question a bit there, Matthew. But still on Belarus, I I can tell you, we did not demand quarantine, isolation, lockdown, but we sought assurances for steps to contain the pandemic in line with WHO recommendations, which is our standard operating procedure in all countries. So, just the same.” https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles/2020/09/10/tr091020-transcript-of-imf-press-briefing

imsickofyoshi

Established
Has anyone used these? I assume they will laugh you out the door?

polymoog

Superstar
wtf are they talking about? There are more masked than unmasked people. Surely the unmasked can't be causing all these cases.
in the US at least, all that is required to maneuver around the mask mandate is to claim a medical exemption. ive done it since june, and i am in one of the more stricter states.
they asked at the door, "do you have a mask?"
i politely said, "no, i have a medical exemption." i had the printout with me just in case. ive never had to show it.

that was it. my various unmasked experiences are sprinkled throughout this thread.

if the masking and social distancing was the solution, we would have been out of this at least in july. if you look at the graphs, the "cases" rose as the mask and distancing rules increased.

DevaWolf

Veteran
not... really. no. which is probably a bad thing if one wants to keep an open mind. thats not to say that if evidence to the contrary appears that i will not change my mind.
of course, sometimes i try to put myself in the anti-conspiracy theory mindset and imagine that the conspiracies are all fake, but then i start trying to prove all of the evidence wrong and i find i simply cannot do it. it doesnt make any sense from the official point of view.
I respect your honesty. And I agree it's impossible to unsee what has been seen, I just tend to shift my ideas from one end to another within the conspiracy view sometimes.