Wearing a Mask

I just want everyone to appreciate how the narrative is shifting.

It used to be we were afraid of viruses because viruses cause disease. NOW the narrative is shifting towards blaming PEOPLE as killers because you’re a carrier ( because, ingeniously, with this “virus” you can never know who has it!!!)

So now it’s not: blame the disease. Now it’s: YOU are the disease. YOU are the killer.

Lurker

Star
I just want everyone to appreciate how the narrative is shifting.

It used to be we were afraid of viruses because viruses cause disease. NOW the narrative is shifting towards blaming PEOPLE as killers because you’re a carrier ( because, ingeniously, with this “virus” you can never know who has it!!!)

So now it’s not: blame the disease. Now it’s: YOU are the disease. YOU are the killer.
Good catch. Similar to the climate change/war on CO2. We exhale CO2, that war is on us.

rainerann

Star
There is only a narrative to people who are absolutely ignorant of what is happening right now. A third of the hospitals in the area I live is covid positive. We have doctors who have been admitted to the hospital and family members of employees in the hospital. The only people who think this is still part of an illusory narrative are the ones living in a little bubble like most of you are around here. It is ridiculous.

rainerann

Star
Great and insightful discussion over an obituary in the newspaper too. It is an obituary. Who cares if the person who wrote it sees this differently. When someone you know dies, you can submit the Covidiots version of this if you want.

at the end of the day, someone will be dead and these people are still people who are grieving just like you would be.

rainerann

Star
So, I can blame vaccine injury? Are you really cool with that?
i could care less. I don’t read obituaries anyway. They are similar to going to your kids recital. You really only came to a kids recital to see someone you know. The same applies. most people only read the obituaries to see someone you know.

I guess in a small town, everyone might read them because you might know someone. I don’t because I hardly ever know someone in them. They don’t apply to me. They aren’t news. They are tributes to people you have known that people write themselves and submit that are not affiliated with a newspaper.

if that was too long, I will summarize what I said by repeating that I would not care in the least. You could say aliens abducted you family member for all I care. I thought the complaint about masks was about personal freedom anyway. It is interesting to see people complain about something like an obituary because of that.

I’m making it long again.

rainerann

Star
So, I can blame vaccine injury? Are you really cool with that?
lol but your trying to suggest that I promote vaccines aren’t you? The manipulation is real. No I wouldn’t be upset as a representative of the healthcare community, which is why you are suggesting I would be upset isn’t it?

I don’t have the polarized view towards this that I get labeled with because so many of you have made this some kind of competition.

Lurker

Star
i could care less. I don’t read obituaries anyway. They are similar to going to your kids recital. You really only came to a kids recital to see someone you know. The same applies. most people only read the obituaries to see someone you know.

I guess in a small town, everyone might read them because you might know someone. I don’t because I hardly ever know someone in them. They don’t apply to me. They aren’t news. They are tributes to people you have known that people write themselves and submit that are not affiliated with a newspaper.

if that was too long, I will summarize what I said by repeating that I would not care in the least. You could say aliens abducted you family member for all I care. I thought the complaint about masks was about personal freedom anyway. It is interesting to see people complain about something like an obituary because of that.

I’m making it long again.
Then why did you find the need to use the term "covidiots"?

Johnny5

Veteran
Of course, his pre-existing conditions had nothing to do with his death at all. Everyone is a victim today. No personal responsibility. Always looking for someone to blame.

View attachment 40019
THIS! Interesting that they left California for Texas. Wonder why they did that??? Maybe they got tired of too many people telling them how to live and high taxes??

rainerann

Star
Then why did you find the need to use the term "covidiots"?
Because that is the way I see people turning this subject into a competitive sport to the point that an obituary is being dissected, discussed and the past medical history of the decedent is included as a way of discrediting the person who died. why are you trying to censor me?

rainerann

Star
No, but you wil pick and choose.
I have no idea what you’re talking about. Quite frankly, you seem to be the one picking and choosing here. Someone paid to have this posted in a newspaper like everyone does who posts an obituary. Where is there freedom to say what they want in an obituary they are paying the newspaper to post?

rainerann

Star
THIS! Interesting that they left California for Texas. Wonder why they did that??? Maybe they got tired of too many people telling them how to live and high taxes??
lol. Internet doctors determining cause of death. What a joke you all are.

rainerann

Star
Of course, his pre-existing conditions had nothing to do with his death at all. Everyone is a victim today. No personal responsibility. Always looking for someone to blame.

Lol, this just perfectly summarized my point about how most of what you post is spam. Let’s just completely remove covid and focus on the diabetes, heart problem, and dementia mentioned here.

you know why someone with diabetes goes to a hospital, because most of you talking who are talking shit are as useless as Benny hinn to help with something like this.

why don’t you suggest that he should have called a freeman who could have told him that he just needed to confess his sins.

repeat: the reason people go to hospitals is because most of you are as useless as Benny hinn when it comes to helping the sick on an average day.

you know how most people find out they have type one diabetes, because their blood sugar skyrockets all of the sudden. There is no way to predict that this would happen and the lot of you would be absolutely useless to help in this situation. Yet, everyone on here seems to think they are an expert on everything concerning covid. It is pathetic.

and for the record, I’m not suggesting anyone be afraid of this. I’m still not afraid myself. I walk into a building where roughly a third of the patient population is positive still. There is a balance to be found in taking something like this seriously.

and I’m glad that most of you are not my coworkers since you can’t seem to separate politics even when you are reading obituaries. I wouldn’t get very far if I started labeling people who died according to how we disagreed politically and trying to argue with their obituaries. When people die, people who knew them grieve. Who cares how they choose to express this in an obituary they paid for. Leave them alone.

the only people who read this obituary are people who knew this person, maybe some people who were local to the community, and the people obsessed with basically trying to suggest that our entire country has been recruited by the pentagon to serve as crisis actors at this point, which is absolutely impossible to accomplish without a leak. That is why covert operations usually include a handful of people at most.

get out of your bubble and quit talking shit if you don’t have an actual solution for the thousands of conditions that exist in the world, which includes covid.

Last edited:

rainerann

Star
^I agree with the last part stated about finding solutions to problems, instead of critique.

I do think that sometimes finding a solution to a problem requires one to question the conflict, while also examining it from varying angles to come to a logical conclusion.
I agree with this and I think it would be nice if people would examine a different angle to this from time to time. This whole discussion is so absurdly polarized at this point, it is ridiculous.

rainerann

Star
Most of what has been said about masks was so far outside the realm of knowing anything about masks, that it shouldn’t even have been taken seriously. Most of what people say about masks had more to do with personal preference than anything else. You don’t like masks. They feel uncomfortable. It changes your daily sensory experience. Yes they do. Most people don’t like masks, but that doesn’t mean that we should make stuff up about how they lower your oxygen level. That is just absurd, but the real problem with this is that as the year goes on, they are going to be legitimately tested from multiple directions. The ability to see their effectiveness will become more open source as this situation continues and the ignorant memes about oxygen levels will become even more ignorant.

I am fitted for a n95 mask and have worn them for extended periods of time before this with no issues concerning oxygen level. I don’t like the way medical masks smell and I don’t like getting hot because when you wear them for an isolation, the door is closed and the temperature is set to whatever makes the patient comfortable, which means I start to sweat usually, but I can still breathe. A surgical mask is even more comfortable than a n95. The memes about this are absurd and made by people with no real experience wearing them most of the time.

You don’t like masks. I don’t care. I don’t particularly like them either and I never have. I don’t particularly care whether you wear them or not. It is your choice to make this political and presume that there is no risk that you are creating for yourselves and others that will create an effect if you are wrong that you will be accountable for on a personal level. I don’t support a collective level in case anyone tries to put those words in my mouth, but on a personal level. It will be on your conscious if you are wrong.

I don’t like them either but that also doesn’t mean I’m going to lie and try to say I can’t breathe when wearing one or that I’m suffering some other deficiency. I’m also not going to try to lie and hang on to what some random person said that was trying to make this situation political early on when actual information is presented that shows they have some demonstrable effectiveness.

covid is not a hoax. It is beating out other causes of death everyday. It beat out flu a long time ago, and if anyone wants to try to say flu disappeared because of some kind of conspiracy. Flu had a lower death rate already and is a contagious virus as well. If there is a focus on reducing the spread of something contagious, other contagious viruses will also see a decline. Let’s put on our thinking caps people. This isn’t rocket science.

most of the discrepancies are due to the fact that we are not advanced technologically the way people think. In many locations, a lot of these numbers are probably even being collected manually and entered manually, so these are people in your own community who are fumbling through this at times. This isn’t something that is being collected by a beast computer. These are more than likely regular people that you have possibly seen in the store from time to time who are involved in this.

*a different angle

Last edited:

rainerann

Star
Ok. That's a different angle. And because of your actual experience working in the medical industry, your observations are valued and noted.
You seem to be fortunate enough to avoid the side effects of prolonged mask wearing, but I can say this from a personal perspective that wearing one makes me light-headed and dizzy. I would assume it has this effect on other people, as well? As a courtesy when in public, I wear mine, but as soon as it can be removed, I remove it.
For people suffering with asthma, copd, and other respiratory diseases, it is safe to assume that wearing a mask interferes with proper oxygen intake (at least for this group)?
I understand your indifference to everyone's interest in wearing/not wearing a mask...but my question is...what do you suppose is a more useful approach in handling this virus?
I appreciate the way you have approached a discussion with me very much. with that said, avoiding prolonged mask wearing is different when you are wearing an n95. They basically are a suction cup on your face so five minutes can feel like five hours if you let it because the sensory experience is disorientating by itself. But there is no actual depletion Of the oxygen level taking place.

In addition to this, prolonged mask wearing is not required for anyone. Mask wearing is relevant to hindering person to person contact. So if you are in a car, there is no reason to wear a mask and the parameters have been blurred a lot for this situation because it has been a learn as you go experience, so some people may not know this.

There was a tweet the other day that I found from a doctor that was pointing out the reproduction for covid compared with something like measles, which was a 12. Most states are saying they are about r 1.5ish, which means that you should be able to take off your mask at regular intervals.

but the problem is the public is very uniformed on the subject of infection control. If you look at surveys regarding hand washing, some will say that only 50% of the population is washing their hands after they go to the bathroom. I find this entirely believable after working in a hospital for many years.

so it is easy to see that the public is confused about wearing a mask, but a mask is not actually hindering your oxygen level, especially a surgical mask. A surgical mask is really comfortable in comparison to a n95 and the reason that people wear masks in the hospital, is because they are going to get up close and personal with people who are basically naked under a hospital gown. They are going to get up close and personal to all of their bodily fluids, and if you are not doing this, then you should be able to take a break from a mask at regular intervals

However, even with asthma and other things, it is more than likely the sensory experience that is making it feel like you are having trouble breathing. More than likely, it is harder to cope with the sensory experience when you are idle and not doing anything but letting your mind wander, but this is a bit of an optical illusion. You are not actually losing oxygen, your brain is triggered to worry about your oxygen level as a survival skill.

I have already worn them for prolonged periods of time. It is different when I’m moving around versus when I’m sitting there with nothing to do but think about this thing on my face. I have ptsd and there are things that this triggers, but when you focus on the present and realize that it is just a mask, it is a lot easier. It is no different than when you are a child and you realize the lump in the corner is really just a lump of laundry placed on a chair.

if there was a real issue with wearing a mask for prolonged periods of time, surgeons would object to this considering the lawsuits they already risk any time they perform surgery. In addition to this, I have a personal pulse oximeter in my house and I have tested my oxygen level when I was wearing a mask for an while around the house. It stayed within a range of 97 to 99, which is normal.

people with asthma, copd, and other respiratory issues, are going to tolerate masks differently. Asthma shouldn’t affect whether you are wearing a mask anymore than a regular situation that would require an inhaler. Copd is going to have a different root cause and different degrees. If you are someone who requires supplemental oxygen, then maybe wearing a mask would create issues. If you don’t, then you would just need to determine intervals based on your own level of tolerance. Not wearing a mask around people for a short period of time, is not going to be a major issue, but most people don’t have any experience wearing them in other situations to use as an experience point for when and how to use a mask in a situation like this.

other respiratory issues are also specific to the condition. If the respiratory issue is bacterial, and in any instance where wearing a mask for a prolonged period of time is an issue, you should change your mask frequently and this should be enough to avoid any issues with prolonged wearing. If you are a grocery clerk that doesn’t get to take a break, you should probably bring three washable masks for an 8 hour period and this should take care of any real problem that prolonged mask wearing would create for most respiratory conditions.

it’s not the oxygen level that’s the actual problem. That is a lie trying to make this political. However, bacteria is A legitimate issue. I noticed this the other day when I was in the store. Call it intuition, but for whatever reason, the air felt cleaner and I realized how I took for granted how much bacteria is coming out of our mouths on a regular day. Getting back to normal really means getting back the bacteria ridden air created by a mass of people breathing in the same space.

this bacteria is going to create anxiety too that will make you panic and it might feel like you can’t breathe, but this is really just because you feel uncomfortable. It is no different than when you have eaten onions for lunch and by the end of the day, you might feel uncomfortable talking a lot until you brush your teeth. So if you are feeling lightheaded and dizzy, this is probably because of bacteria in your mask and you probably need to put on a clean one. If you are really concerned that about this, I would recommend getting a pulse oximeter. They are a very affordable and informative device That is good to have in your home along with a blood pressure machine.

there is no reason to be dependent on the healthcare industry when there are some affordable tools like this that you can have in your own home.