Wearing a Mask

Lisa

Superstar
It’s not my fault that you are so completely ignorant of history that every single reference has to be explicitly spelled out for you. It is my fault that I keep forgetting this fact and am naive enough to think you’d butt out of my conversations with other people.
Maybe you should have specified in your comment which venetian mask you were talking about?

A.J.

Star
Ok, starting to be convinced a mask can slow down the spread. IF they are legit masks AND worn properly. But since they are not effective in prevention (from a receiving end) there is a bit of a cancel out effect that can occur in an uncontrolled setting, which is 99% of natural settings.

I’m also skeptical of the amount of asymptomatic and how contagious they really are. Remember my first post in which I quoted the WHO

Last edited:

A.J.

Star
..... this was early April:
“There are few reports of laboratory-confirmed cases who are truly asymptomatic, and to date, there has been no documented asymptomatic transmission. This does not exclude the possibility that it may occur.“

Talk about a drastic change overnight. Is there only circumstantial evidence for the change? I think only the most vulnerable should get vaccinated if one becomes available.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
..... this was early April:
“There are few reports of laboratory-confirmed cases who are truly asymptomatic, and to date, there has been no documented asymptomatic transmission. This does not exclude the possibility that it may occur.“

Talk about a drastic change overnight. Is there only circumstantial evidence for this? I think only the most vulnerable should get vaccinated if one becomes available.
If it isn’t spreading asymptomatically or in the air then the continued rise in cases makes zero sense. We have all been locked in way too long for it not to be transmitting in one of those ways.

A.J.

Star
If it isn’t spreading asymptomatically or in the air then the continued rise in cases makes zero sense. We have all been locked in way too long for it not to be transmitting in one of those ways.
I think that’s a logical assumption. But it seems strange - are there any other types of virus that are both highly asymptomatic and simultaneously highly contagious?

justjess

Superstar
I think that’s a logical assumption. But it seems strange - are there any other types of virus that are both highly asymptomatic and simultaneously highly contagious?
As far as I know most contagious diseases produce symptoms within a way shorter period of time and are tycpoally contagious for like 24 hours pre and post symptoms

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
I hope you wear your mask during flu season like a good little sheep.
The right to wear one should be defended just as hard as the right to not wear one. That's liberty. As a Covid expert said the other day, the virus don't care, it will keep going until it infects as many people as it possibly can.

In the adjacent county, one of the hardest hit in the state, a 61 year old man caught it despite taking precautions. He spent 10 days in the hospital on oxygen the whole time. So mortality rate this and that, who wants to spend 10 days in the hospital? Like, ever?

Last edited:

rainerann

Star
Herpes simplex virus 1 or coldsores is very contagious and can be spread even when you are asymptomatic. It does happen, but saying people could spread it when they were asymptomatic may also have been a way of downplaying the role of droplet transmission by air or avoiding saying more about this directly. It is kind of like in the article I posted, the kids are in the park wearing masks on the playground equipment, but they are talking about the possibility that the low number of cases in Japan could be due to a tuberculosis vaccine.

the media is indirect and reading a lot of things in the media will start to make you feel like you are on one of those rides that spin real fast at the fair. It is intended to be disorientating so that it is hard to know what is good for you and what is not.

this is a article about which countries started using masks and when. Many countries like Vietnam and Valenzuela required masks in March and they never had a real outbreak and are on the bottom of the list on world o meters.

turkey and Morocco both required masks back in April and both countries show a clear downtrend in the number of new cases.

I haven’t checked all of the countries, but it seems to be pretty consistent phenomena.

From the beginning, this really didn’t seem all that complicated for me. Something like this appeared to be a standard droplet precaution. You wear a mask in the case of a droplet precaution which is why I mentioned them early on. It’s not as complicated as it is being portrayed in media.

There are some places in Kentucky that are refusing customers wearing masks. I guess 1 in 5 people in the uk thinks the whole thing is a hoax. So both places will serve as a good comparison to the effectiveness of masks soon enough too. The whole thing concerning masks is not something that is going to remain a mystery.

Last edited:

A.J.

Star
I defend somebody’s right to wear a mask 24 hrs.a day if they want. That was not my argument.
The right to wear one should be defended just as hard as the right to not wear one. That's liberty. As a Covid expert said the other day, the virus don't care, it will keep going until it infects as many people as it possibly can.

In the adjacent county, one of the hardest hit in the state, a 61 year old man caught it despite taking precautions. He spent 10 days in the hospital on oxygen the whole time. So mortality rate this and that, wtf wants to spend 10 days in the hospital? Like, ever?

A.J.

Star
As far as I know most contagious diseases produce symptoms within a way shorter period of time and are tycpoally contagious for like 24 hours pre and post symptoms
But how many this contagious produce no symptoms at such a high rate. The way the media frames the threat there are as many people walking around with no symptoms as anything else - especially if you look at the numbers. I could be wrong about that, but it’s the impression I get.

justjess

Superstar
But how many this contagious produce no symptoms at such a high rate. The way the media frames the threat there are as many people walking around with no symptoms as anything else - especially if you look at the numbers. I could be wrong about that, but it’s the impression I get.
Just because we have never seen it before doesn’t mean it can’t exist. The other thing with this virus is symptoms can be almost anything - a headache, body aches, fatigue, an upset stomach, no sense of smell. People may be considered asymptomatic because they are just writing off mild symptoms as nothing, middle age - allergies - slept wrong etc.

Shit I wake up with body aches about 50% of the time, have intermittent allergies and headaches on and off my whole life. I don’t know if I had a mild case if I’d ever even realize it. I’d really like to see an operational definition of “asymptomatic” tbh.

personally, I think the answer to the riddle is this thing is airborne more then we have been led to believe and I’ve been saying that for months, at the same time I said we should wear masks because that was the only logical conclusion I could draw from the data I was seeing.

polymoog

Superstar
I am talking about the cctv all over the streets.
i like where you are going with this, but light seeker is right. theyre past normal CCTV video. with thermal imaging, they can still identify you, mask or not.

Cintra

Star
i like where you are going with this, but light seeker is right. theyre past normal CCTV video. with thermal imaging, they can still identify you, mask or not.

Some maybe.
Not all.

Anyway, I think it annoys them, and that's good enough.

Also all those arses with phone cams, documenting their lives.

justjess

Superstar
and you believe any number they give us?

How’ve you been? I @‘d you weeks ago when I noticed you hadn’t been around. Got me a little worried for you :) happy to see your back.

I believe the numbers are lower then they actually are. (Did I give you a heart attack yet?) I’ve been looking at excess mortality and it’s a lot higher then the official figures can account for in the area of the country where I’m located. What’s going on in the rest of the country or internationally? I have no clue. I don’t even try to guess because I have no first hand information about what’s going on there.

don’t worry tho, me believing the virus is real and that we should probably wear masks to protect our health doesn’t mean I’m going to be getting a vaccine or allowing someone to come rip me or my children from my home. Or that I don’t see the other end of this thing either. I do, I just think this is being done with the help of a real virus that theyve probably been waiting to happen for a very long time, or made happen themselves - that I’m not decided on quite yet.

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
How’ve you been? I @‘d you weeks ago when I noticed you hadn’t been around. Got me a little worried for you :) happy to see your back.
fine, thanks for asking. :) i hope all is well with you and your family. i couldnt get online at all since the internet cafes are/were closed, and i dont own a phone.

I believe the numbers are lower then they actually are. (Did I give you a heart attack yet?)
no, because although you usually side with the leftist mentality, you throw a lot of curve balls. i am never sure what your take on any given issue will be. that, of course, is a good thing.

I don’t even try to guess because I have no first hand information about what’s going on there.
i submit this for your consideration:
i came back from overseas. there was a big religious demonstration where a prophet walked through the country with a cross, promising to remove the curse of corona. hjs religious walk brought him ultimately to a major city.
although i do believe in the power of prayer and belief, i thought with this charlatan leading this demonstration, it was ridiculous. the street was densely packed with people, shoulder to shoulder-- at least 3000 people; could have been 6000 judging from the photos. many had no masks, never mind social distancing. police tried to break it up to no avail as the people pushed back against them and were forced to back down (i loved it).
after this demonstration, i monitored the daily public health bulletin, watching the number of cases. with thousands on the street, i think there was 31 total cases in the entire province after two weeks.
one could make the argument that those who could be sick wont go to be tested, but that number should be offset by the gross inaccuracy of the tests.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Is there asymptomatic transmission of the coronavirus disease?
Part of the CV-19 psy-op is to make asymptomatic people aka healthy people into potential spreaders. Now everyone is suspect and more control is needed to stop the threat, which is total BS. This has been pointed out by several doctors/virologists/epidemiologists.