Wearing a Mask

A.J.

Star
sorry, but i have to disagree with the "courtesy" part of this. anyone who is overly concerned about contracting covid should take precautions themselves and not heave their worry and paranoia on others by making them wear masks. i will not be guilt tripped into wearing a mask, especially when masks do not work. guilt tripping me wont work, MSM brainwashing wont work, nor will begging celebrities, like toms hankie.
You’re right of course. Making healthy people, especially healthy children, wear muzzles is freaking sick and disturbing. What do you expect from a bunch of gaslighting pedos? Stand for something or fall for anything. .... this will come to a head.

polymoog

Superstar
however, the only ones making this political are the people who are trying to say they shouldn’t have to wear masks that have a demonstratively effectiveness.
sorry, but i totally disagree. youve got your doctors and research and i have mine.

In other news, people are stupid when it comes to healthcare. Most politicians know nothing about the subject and this fumbled mess is the result.
yes, had MSM not plastered fear and death on every TV channel and media outlet about covid, it wouldnt have been any different in terms of fatalities than a bad flu year (and lighter than H1N1). most of us would not have even noticed. covid was heavily highlighted for many agendas, including political reasons.

ill let you have the final word. we will go around in a circle, and neither of us will budge on this.

sorry, but i totally disagree. youve got your doctors and research and i have mine.

yes, had MSM not plastered fear and death on every TV channel and media outlet about covid, it wouldnt have been any different in terms of fatalities than a bad flu year (and lighter than H1N1). most of us would not have even noticed. covid was heavily highlighted for many agendas, including political reasons.

ill let you have the final word. we will go around in a circle, and neither of us will budge on this.
It was in fact the worst flu season in decades. But the flu was declared over on April 4th and on April 5th flu symptoms got a new sccaaaary name,

rainerann

Star
You’re right of course. Making healthy people, especially healthy children, wear muzzles is freaking sick and disturbing. What do you expect from a bunch of gaslighting pedos? Stand for something or fall for anything. .... this will come to a head.
lol. I just found a great thread showing trumps connections to “pedos.” So by gaslighting pedos, you must mean those who tell people to not wear masks too.

or are you just demonstrating my point about how antimaskers have made this whole thing political.

The hypocrisy is real.

rainerann

Star
It was in fact the worst flu season in decades. But the flu was declared over on April 4th and on April 5th flu symptoms got a new sccaaaary name,
it was not the worst flu season in decades. I remember when people were being tested for flu and coming back negative. It is likely because covid was here earlier than we thought, but a lot of people had flu symptoms and tested negative for flu.

this is an illusion you are presenting because you have an external perspective.

rainerann

Star

we went over this early on in the coronavirus thread. Early articles from msm largely painted a picture that flu was worse than covid and no one needed to worry. It is an illusion that you are presenting that the msm created the fear of this becoming serious. In the beginning, they were downplaying it and what you are saying was actually in line with what the msm was saying in the beginning.

it was a presumption many people who oppose msm made to dissociate themselves with agreeing with the msm, by writing a fictionalized Version of what happened that included the msm having the opposite opinion of whatever they were thinking.

this wasn’t the case. The msm was downplaying this in the beginning which is why it took so long to start testing in hospitals. By the time we started testing for this, people became concerned it had already spread too far, and it had essentially.

however, it didn’t spread to the point that many people were having direct experience with it, and this resulted in becoming more and more political in their opposition to take it seriously.

we will see if this group has the same strength to continue in this direction by January.

rainerann

Star
I completely disagree that no one would have noticed anything more serve than a bad flu season too. Regardless, of how we isolate this, which has been to set up special negative air rooms from what I’ve seen.

even if we didn’t do this, these patients take up a lot of real estate right now even if they were scattered on units designated as other specialties. I have never in my life seen one diagnosis dominate the hospital like this.

this would not have been something no one noticed if we had a test in January and had already started testing for this, which is what we should have done.

the screening was minimal, and so no one was being tested because it was being downplayed in the beginning.

it is a complete illusion that the msm was inflating this situation to cause worry where there didn’t need to be any.

however, the msm is irrelevant to the internal issues that were also minimizing this and neglected a broader scope of instruction regarding testing. There are probably financial reasons we didn’t test earlier. We are a profit Centered healthcare system.

I don’t know if this would have been an issue if the cost of testing weren’t something that we needed to worry about. However, seeing how political people are right now over this makes me want to stay away from politicians having control over healthcare.

Either way, it would better to talk about the actual issues that are deeper that created this situation instead of complaining about wearing a mask like toddlers.

elsbet

Superstar
that’s an absolute joke. It became political for people who didn’t see evidence of it and then they started on their crusade over this.

In other news, people are stupid when it comes to healthcare. Most politicians know nothing about the subject either and this fumbled mess is the result.

however, the only ones making this political are the people who are trying to say they shouldn’t have to wear masks that have a demonstratively effectiveness. They are just not a panacea.
Demonstrable effectiveness... among the lay persons you hold in such contempt? The hoipolloi in homemade or otherwise porous masks (the vast majority), who still get the germs on their hands when they scratch their little noses, or touch the mask in any way? And then reuse, daily?

Nonsense.

rainerann

Star
Demonstrable effectiveness... among the lay persons you hold in such contempt? The hoipolloi in homemade or otherwise porous masks (the vast majority), who still get the germs on their hands when they scratch their little noses, or touch the mask in any way? And then reuse, daily?

Nonsense.
what on earth are you talking about?

A.J.

Star
lol. I just found a great thread showing trumps connections to “pedos.” So by gaslighting pedos, you must mean those who tell people to not wear masks too.

or are you just demonstrating my point about how antimaskers have made this whole thing political.

The hypocrisy is real.
You lost me..... healthy people should not be mandated to wear masks, especially children. It’s not just political. It’s sick. As for vaccines. I’m surprised how many liberals I’ve talked to that are anti-mandatory-vax. Good luck with that cause a majority do not trust the politicization of science, especially African Americans. And when I say politicization I don’t mean right vs left, I mean those who have power and by default authority to manipulate the majority. A non-objective entity.

rainerann

Star
You lost me..... healthy people should not be mandated to wear masks, especially children. It’s not just political. It’s sick. As for vaccines. I’m surprised how many liberals I’ve talk to that are anti-mandatory-vax. Good luck with that cause a majority do not trust the politicization of science, especially African Americans. And when I say politicization I don’t mean right vs left, I mean those who have power and by default authority to manipulate the majority. A non-objective entity.
I have never promoted a vaccine as a solution. This is some fiction version of what I support based on a prejudice towards those who do not plan to protest the use of masks in any way because I think it is a absolute waste of time. It’s a freaking mask. A harmless little piece of cloth that has some demonstrable effectiveness.

Gnome

Rookie
I say no thanks. (though Corona isn't that bad over here at the moment)

rainerann

Star

Nonsense.
I’m sure it isn’t rocket science to understand how touching your mask will get germs right? Bacteria multiply. Moisture acts as a medium to get germs on the front of your mask.

but why on earth would you wear this same mask the next day? That’s not a serious question you are asking right?

this is why I have a problem with lay people pretending that they have made some sort of scientific discovery regarding masks. They don’t even know how to set a schedule for cleaning them without being told.

But I guess it just doesn’t work if you get sick from wearing the same dirty mask for a week. :rolleyes:

a real evidence based discovery there on the effectiveness of mask.

And I have contempt towards people I consider fake like yourself. The rest of the lay people you are referring to, I don’t value their contributions a whole lot because they have no access or direct experience to anything related to this subject.

Last edited:

rainerann

Star
Here’s something to think about too. All the germs in your mask are actually in the air under normal conditions. All the germs in the mask of the cashier are actually in the air too. All the germs in the mask of the person behind you in line, would also be in the air too.

so don’t act like the air was clean before you starTed wearing a mask. It wasn’t. It was filthy within enclosed spaces. It was making people sick on a good day.

these people out here talking like the air quality inside Best Buy was as pure as untouched snow. These people acting like they need this sewer air back because their health and vitality is jeopardized without it.

give me back the sewer air I remember from the good ole days. I’m dying without it. Gasp.

Johnny5

Veteran
So here’s what I’m going to say and I know no one is going to like it. I’m sitting outside the hospital as we speak waiting on the results of a million tests they ran because my husband probably has Covid. He’s been sick as hell since Wednesday but we thought it was from something else and no one in the house took any precautions either in the home or outside of it. He’s vomiting, sweating through dozens of articles of clothing a day, intermittently burning hot with fever but feels like he’s freezing, every fiber of his body hurts like he got hit by a Mac truck on meth, he can’t sleep at all, his mood is all over the place... it’s an absolute shit show. The nurses took so much blood from him and ran so many tests he almost passed out and this is a guy who could literally be stabbed close to death without batting an eye and keep moving. Tylenol and Advil are not helping at all.. the results aren’t back yet but the nurses said they are almost positive he has Covid.

I’ve been living with and sharing his space every day just like always not thinking anything of it. Same for the kids. Same for his employees. His clients. My clients. My sons friends..

And I have tried ridiculously hard to keep that shit out of my house because of my own health issues. But my husband (and my son too) never has taken social distancing or masks at all seriously. So now we’re all exposed. Plus god knows how many other people we have been in close contact with over the last two weeks. He is sicker than I’ve ever seen him in twenty years and for him to come to a hospital it has to be real bad because he’s not a complainer. We have no where that he can go to “isolate” so now we are all going to be stuck in together and I have health issues and we have a toddler and a sixteen year old son that at this point I can’t even send to stay elsewhere because both grandmas are high risk and we don’t want to expose anyone else.

I got a bit complacent. Numbers in my area have been down and stuffs reopened. It’s summer. We were going stir crazy. Blah blah blah. I wish I hadn’t. That is all. Believe me or not I don’t care. I’m a lot of things but a liar ain’t one of them and anyone who knows me should know that by now.

The conspiracy is that they’ve managed to politicize this so completely that we are falling for the divide and the story that it’s fake instead of investigating who did it and why and what it means in the grand scheme. That’s always been the damn conspiracy... why do they want to kill us?
I am terribly sorry @justjess. Get rest as hard as it may be in such a stressful situation. Prayers to you and your family.

elsbet

Superstar
what on earth are you talking about?
I'm talking about your post, no. 969 above.

To wit:

It became political for people who didn’t see evidence of it and then they started on their crusade over this.​

I assume you mean the efficacy of masks-- because no one has seen evidence of it, nor will they, where this pseudo-plague is concerned.

I was delighted to see the retractions of prior statistics, due to flawed tests being issued in Texas and Florida. I wasn't surprised though. This is relevant-- your inappropriate 'people are stupid' defense is not holding up, here.

I’m sure it isn’t rocket science to understand how touching your mask will get germs right? Bacteria multiply. Moisture acts as a medium to get germs on the front of your mask.

but why on earth would you wear this same mask the next day? That’s not a serious question you are asking right?

this is why I have a problem with lay people pretending that they have made some sort of scientific discovery regarding masks. They don’t even know how to set a schedule for cleaning them without being told.

But I guess it just doesn’t work if you get sick from wearing the same dirty mask for a week. :rolleyes:

a real evidence based discovery there on the effectiveness of mask.
The questions were rhetorical, and loaded with sarcasm-- unless you're a savant, I'm sure you got that.

What I outlined is what YOU are promoting-- and to reiterate-- it is nonsense.

Your arrogance is seriously misplaced.

rainerann

Star
I'm talking about your post, no. 969 above.

To wit:

It became political for people who didn’t see evidence of it and then they started on their crusade over this.​

I assume you mean the efficacy of masks-- because no one has seen evidence of it, nor will they, where this pseudo-plague is concerned.

I was delighted to see the retractions of prior statistics, due to flawed tests being issued in Texas and Florida. I wasn't surprised though. This is relevant-- your inappropriate 'people are stupid' defense is not holding up, here.

The questions were rhetorical, and loaded with sarcasm-- unless you're a savant, I'm sure you got that.

What I outlined is what YOU are promoting-- and to reiterate-- it is nonsense.

Your arrogance is seriously misplaced.
I was talking about people not knowing a lot of people personally who were sick in the beginning. This started the crusade which includes not wanting to wear masks, so your entire point you think you are making is based off of something imaginary.

maybe you should check your own arrogance that started you down this rabbit trail of false conclusions, but you probably just wanted to talk shit. So here it is, I don’t like you either. I don’t like you at all. I think you are a fake snob.

Call me arrogant if it makes you feel better. It is just one of the many reasons I don’t like you.

you made this whole thing up as a way of trying to talk shit, and it was also a joke considering how you manipulated what I said. Not shocking.

and masks have a demonstrable effectiveness. I’m not going to get a basket of flowers and start tossing them in the street while singing, the plague is over because we have masks, but they do reduce transmission of something that is spread by droplets.

it only takes common sense to understand that.