Wearing a Mask

Aero

Superstar
I think you are right about the masks.
I don’t think that there is necessarily a secret about the mode of transmission though. I think America has just opened up much too quickly.

We have had 52000ish deaths in the U.K. - which can by no means be described as a success, so we have no cause for complacency. But there have been as many new cases in the last 24 hrs. That’s staggering for me when I think of it in those terms.
Blaming the new spikes on opening too early seems like a cop-out though.

What I mean is, we have enacted a lot of sweeping policies where businesses slapped some social distance stickers on the floor and said "OK, we're good" Or businesses reduced maximum occupancy, as if COVID-19 waits to strike until building capacities are highest.

I'm for educating people instead of slapping a label everything.

A Freeman

Superstar
From the New England Jounal of Medicine:

Here is the straight skinny, from an article first published last month, that is miraculously still available online. Thank you, Michael Klompas, M.D., M.P.H., Charles A. Morris, M.D., M.P.H., Julia Sinclair, M.B.A., Madelyn Pearson, D.N.P., R.N., and Erica S. Shenoy, M.D., Ph.D.

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.”

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

justjess

Superstar
I can’t say that I blame them for not wanting to wear one..I don’t and when I have to like at the dentist today, I feel claustrophobic.
Then why post that meme? I’m shocked that some of you seem to be so social and outgoing, social butterflies if you will, that this whole mask thing has such a significant impact on your lives. I avoid people regularly to begin with. The only time I have to wear one ever is to go grocery shopping or run in the gas station. For people who have to wear them at work, I get it. That’s a substantial amount of time. I can’t wear it at work so it’s a moot point for me.

Lisa

Superstar
Then why post that meme? I’m shocked that some of you seem to be so social and outgoing, social butterflies if you will, that this whole mask thing has such a significant impact on your lives. I avoid people regularly to begin with. The only time I have to wear one ever is to go grocery shopping or run in the gas station. For people who have to wear them at work, I get it. That’s a substantial amount of time. I can’t wear it at work so it’s a moot point for me.
I liked it because its true..if the mask stops it..then open the world up again...if not..then why wear the mask in the first place?

It’s bizarre to go to the store and see walking zombie’s with their masks and not matter what..that has an affect on you whether you realize it or not.

justjess

Superstar
I liked it because its true..if the mask stops it..then open the world up again...if not..then why wear the mask in the first place?

It’s bizarre to go to the store and see walking zombie’s with their masks and not matter what..that has an affect on you whether you realize it or not.
They said wear a mask and then proceeded to open things up again under that condition. No one complied. So you can’t use the subsequent reclosures as proof that this premise didn’t work

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
They said wear a mask and then proceeded to open things up again under that condition. No one applied. So you can’t use the subsequent reclosures as proof that this premise didn’t work
The reclosures happened so people would have a lousy 4th. They can’t let people be happy if they want a chance to win in November..

justjess

Superstar
The reclosures happened so people would have a lousy 4th. They can’t let people be happy if they want a chance to win in November..
Im having twenty people at my house this weekend. We haven’t had to reclose. Why would they destroy their own money making holiday for something as stupid as making people sad?

the elections aren’t real. Whoever is supposed to win in November will without any outside crisis necessary.

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
Why would they destroy their own money making holiday for something as stupid as making people sad?
they can twist the stock market, manipulate the metals market, or they can print up all the money they want. forget the money. this is control, power, and agenda. ultra- libs hate the fourth anyway. the conservatives love it-- having states ramp up the restrictions is enraging them beyond the BLM riots. they gotta keep the masses on their toes-- you know that.

the elections aren’t real. Whoever is supposed to win in November will without any outside crisis necessary.
agreed-- elections are a charade. but theyre steering the masses to vote for trump. why, i dont know. like ive postulated, i think they want to put trump in, have the people beg him for law enforcement which cannot be racist, and he will provide robotic police/drones/AI galore.

justjess

Superstar
they can twist the stock market, manipulate the metals market, or they can print up all the money they want. forget the money. this is control, power, and agenda. ultra- libs hate the fourth anyway. the conservatives love it-- having states ramp up the restrictions is enraging them beyond the BLM riots. they gotta keep the masses on their toes-- you know that.

agreed-- elections are a charade. but theyre steering the masses to vote for trump. why, i dont know. like ive postulated, i think they want to put trump in, have the people beg him for law enforcement which cannot be racist, and he will provide robotic police/drones/AI galore.
Ehh I’m probably the only remaining active “ultra lib” around these parts and we do the Fourth of July big every year and always have. I don’t see critiquing my country as hating my country, I see it as an expression of love. There is a lot of variety among the liberal demographic, I don’t think it’s fair to paint them all with the same brush. No more fair then painting all conservatives with one. I’m a liberal on economic issues, I’m “live free or die” on almost everything else

people can still do what they want on their own property. So I guess that is part of the reason I don’t really get the extreme reactions here.. we have continued doing what we want on our own property the entire time. State closed or open, no difference. Just keep your mouth shut and carry on. Screw MGTOW, be a CGTOW (citizen going there own way).

idk what the endgoal is with trump either, I just know we’re Not there yet. My guess is complete destabilization of the country at this point.

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
Ehh I’m probably the only remaining active “ultra lib” around these parts and we do the Fourth of July big every year and always have. I don’t see critiquing my country as hating my country, I see it as an expression of love. There is a lot of variety among the liberal demographic, I don’t think it’s fair to paint them all with the same brush. No more fair then painting all conservatives with one. I’m a liberal on economic issues, I’m “live free o

people can still do what they want on their own property. So I guess that is part of the reason I don’t really get the extreme reactions here.. we have continued doing what we want on our own property the entire time. State closed or open, no difference. Just keep your mouth shut and carry on. Screw MGTOW, be a CGTOW (citizen going there own way).

idk what the endgoal is with trump either, I just know we’re Not there yet. My guess is complete destabilization of the country at this point.
I feel the same.
I consider myself a conservative but I have a lot of liberal stances in as long as no harm no foul. I cannot stand when people say “do this instead of that” I’m like “motherfucker don’t tell me how to live”

Let others do what they want, especially on their property.

Speaking of living. Some methed out homeboy.
Idk if it was meth, heroin or bath salts. But on my street wanting to fight me and my bros then he proceeds to talk shit to the trash can across the street. Lol.

justjess

Superstar
I feel the same.
I consider myself a conservative but I have a lot of liberal stances in as long as no harm no foul. I cannot stand when people say “do this instead of that” I’m like “motherfucker don’t tell me how to live”

Let others do what they want, especially on their property.

Speaking of living. Some methed out homeboy.
Idk if it was meth, heroin or bath salts. But on my street wanting to fight me and my bros then he proceeds to talk shit to the trash can across the street. Lol.
Yeah that’s an upper of some sort... meth, crack, possibly bath salts but they seem to have disappeared. Insane. People are all losing their damn minds

Maes17

Superstar
Yeah that’s an upper of some sort... meth, crack, possibly bath salts but they seem to have disappeared. Insane. People are all losing their damn minds
Yeah this guy looked like he was on something. He lives in the neighborhood. Me and my bros were outside just chilling out having a couple drinks to celebrate my middle brother engagement. My first sip of alcohol in 3 years. I feel bad.

Anywho story short. Guy is just driving around picking on anyone who is outside lol. We left him alone. Guy wouldn’t be in good shape right now if he stepped boundaries

justjess

Superstar
Yeah this guy looked like he was on something. He lives in the neighborhood. Me and my bros were outside just chilling out having a couple drinks to celebrate my middle brother engagement. My first sip of alcohol in 3 years. I feel bad.

Anywho story short. Guy is just driving around picking on anyone who is outside lol. We left him alone. Guy wouldn’t be in good shape right now if he stepped boundaries
We had some teenagers a couple weeks ago riding around terrorizing the neighbors, vandalizing people’s homes, yelling all sorts of nonsense.. my husband was coming home from running to the store with his friend and the baby and seen them terrorizing this little lady who was sitting in front of her house yelling at them to go away and crying. He got out the car and told them to leave and one of the little punks rolled up on him and cocked back. So he pushed him away and now we have a court date for disorderly persons lol. Good deeds never go unpunished. No drugs from what we can tell. Just assholes.

Maes17

Superstar
We had some teenagers a couple weeks ago riding around terrorizing the neighbors, vandalizing people’s homes, yelling all sorts of nonsense.. my husband was coming home from running to the store with his friend and the baby and seen them terrorizing this little lady who was sitting in front of her house yelling at them to go away and crying. He got out the car and told them to leave and one of the little punks rolled up on him and cocked back. So he pushed him away and now we have a court date for disorderly persons lol. Good deeds never go unpunished. No drugs from what we can tell. Just assholes.
Yeah your situation sounds like some grade A assholes. Hope you have a peaceful 4th at least. Despite all this nonsense I am still a proud murican boy

justjess

Superstar
Yeah your situation sounds like some grade A assholes. Hope you have a peaceful 4th at least. Despite all this nonsense I am still a proud murican boy
Silver lining they aren’t terrorizing the neighbors anymore. It is what it is. Mommy cared more about the kids cell phone then his delinquency.

same to you. I have like twenty people coming to my house for the weekend. Should be an exhausting blast.

Maes17

Superstar
And yes back to topic ;)

Anywho. NM not looking too good covid wise. It is now a requirement to wear a mask. Failure to comply results in a $100 fine