Wearing a Mask

Hon33

Veteran
Yeah that's another thing we'd like to know more about, so I wish the medical experts would tell us-

1- How and where did the virus originate, for example was it "born" in some unhygienic chinese street market?
2- Presumably it then began floating in the air looking for victims to lodge in their noses/throats.
3- Does it have a "floating lifespan" and dies after a few minutes/hours/days if it hasn't found a victim?
4- Some experts say it can "stick to" surfaces, so the same question applies, namely will it eventually die?
5- What can kill it or shorten its lifespan, bright sunlight and/or warm temperatures or what?
6- If somebody catches it but then recovers fully (like Boris did), does that person become a "carrier" for the rest of his/her life, infecting others?
Yes, well I imagine those are the things they are trying to establish. However, it’s going to take time. That’s why it was so important to “flatten the curve” as they talked about. To buy time.
As far as the origin is concerned. My understanding is that there are specific features in the virus which point towards it having developed naturally rather than having been engineered.
What they are trying to establish is whether or not the virus mutated into Covid-19 in its host or in humans. That is the thing which is most difficult to establish right now. That is an overly simplified view of it, I’m sure.
My understanding is that yes, it does have a “floating lifespan”. Viruses need certain conditions to maintain life(even though they are not strictly alive), so their ability to do so is going to be limited outside the body.

Tidal

Star
..My understanding is that there are specific features in the virus which point towards it having developed naturally rather than having been engineered..

Yes and interestingly Attenborough seemed to be prophetically hinting 7 years ago that the "natural world will do something" to thin out the human population-

Lisa

Superstar
Your actions might not have affected anyone in the past, does it means they will never affect anyone in the future? What you said sounds exactly like saying there's no risk driving while you're drunk because you have been drinking and driven and nothing bad happened so far.
That is no comparison at all. If I’m not sick how can I pass off anything to anyone wearing a mask?

Oh no, I think you helped me to make point pretty clear. Some people are selfish, they refuse to see that there actions have consequences and might affect others.
Are the selfish people the scared out of their minds people who are using a virus to try to control others? That’s selfishness.

Might affect others..not will affect others. You wear your mask out of fear but don’t push your fear into others for might affect..

Hon33

Veteran
Yes and interestingly Attenborough seemed to be prophetically hinting 7 years ago that the "natural world will do something" to thin out the human population-

I’m not sure that too many people and not enough land is really the problem. Perhaps I’m wrong. I think it is more to with poorer countries not possessing the skills and power they need to compete in a marketplace which is heavily weighted against them.

Tidal

Star
I’m not sure that too many people and not enough land is really the problem. Perhaps I’m wrong. I think it is more to with poorer countries not possessing the skills and power they need to compete in a marketplace which is heavily weighted against them.

In famine-prone lands it might be a good idea for the men to keep their flies zipped up and the women to keep their legs together rather than bring more hungry mouths into the world, it's not rocket science.. :)

Hon33

Veteran
In famine-prone lands it might be a good idea for the men to keep their flies zipped up and the women to keep their legs together rather than bring more hungry mouths into the world, it's not rocket science.. :)
Well, perhaps if the Catholic Church hadn’t vehemently opposed contraception, it might have helped too.

Tidal

Star
Well, perhaps if the Catholic Church hadn’t vehemently opposed contraception, it might have helped too.

Yes, the catholic church is satanic to the core.
Hey just a minute, somebody's knocking my door, funny I wasn't expecting anybody..

Maes17

Superstar
Yes, the medical establishment are left with egg on their faces because they and other 'experts' seem unable to come up with any answers, and they're trotting out an endless string of guesses and hunches.
To me it seems pretty obvious that it was spread by infected passengers on intercontinental airliners-

Right! It’s been ever changing. I’ve stopped keeping up with it.

polymoog

Superstar
I’m not going to try and convince you otherwise because you have obviously thought long and hard about your position and I wouldn’t even know where to begin to try and convince you otherwise.
my beliefs are flexible-- nothing i believe is set in stone. i simply want the truth. if you could provide a stronger case than i could against big pharma, id adopt your view. but i dont think you can-- the facts simply are not on your side.

What I do believe is this. If there are people dying around the world, because their governments cannot it will not invest money in health care to protect them against even the most basic medical conditions, then wider society has a moral duty to try and help them.
these people in 3rd world countries need two things: proper sanitation and nutritious food. theyre starving. they do NOT need vaccines, but thats what the WHO and bill gates wants to give them. they can solve the sanitation and food issues easily, but they would never make the big money they could with the vaccine agenda (to say nothing of gates` depopulation plans that hes openly admitted).

However, give the evidence that tells me that more children are dying as a result of being vaccinated for example, than from not being vaccinated. Give me the evidence that tells me more children are being harmed by being given rehydration therapies than not.
theres a vax thread that covers the vax debate.

I’m deliberately trying to be non-confrontational with you. You might think I’m naive, poorly educated or whatever, like others on this thread do. I’m not.
no, i dont think youre poorly educated. i do think you are misinformed... but we are ALL misinformed at one point, myself included of course.

However, and I hope you don’t mind me saying, what people are not very good at here is listening to others and talking to them rationally. It’s very much a position of “you’re wrong, we’re right”.
thats true. but i will say that many of us have looked into this for years and can spot the propaganda a mile away. we know everything "they" say, at the very least, should be suspect if not outright rejected.

I can’t even begin to get my head around how such organised corruption could pervade society on the level people here say it does.
everyone who finally does get their head around whats happening either goes through a period of depression or anger (to varying degrees). its a normal reaction to realizing that weve been lied to for so long.

That takes away the capacity for independent, critical thought and makes us nothing more than robots. However, so does the stance - in my opinion - that you take.
i have to disagree. if you can explain away all of the questions the naysayers have to say about masks, covid, bill gates, etc. with facts-- real facts-- people here will accept it. you wont be able to, though: hard, direct questions like this, when addressed to authoritative figures themselves, are ignored. the truth should be able stand on its own-- so then why would social media and YT ban and censor any other medical views on corona?

Aero

Superstar
My employer is being sued over the mask policy.

Recently I brought up employers being sued over masks under the "Americans with Disabilities act". In my theory, employees were suing employers. In real life, it's playing out differently. It's the customers suing.

Pennsylvania requires everyone to wear masks, but there are exceptions for other medical conditions. Apparently, when customers tried shopping without masks and cited the exception, the company I work for completely ignored that exception.

There's a satisfying sort of irony here. It's like my employer is only good at two things. Not following rules properly, and getting sued.

Hon33

Veteran
my beliefs are flexible-- nothing i believe is set in stone. i simply want the truth. if you could provide a stronger case than i could against big pharma, id adopt your view. but i dont think you can-- the facts simply are not on your side.

these people in 3rd world countries need two things: proper sanitation and nutritious food. theyre starving. they do NOT need vaccines, but thats what the WHO and bill gates wants to give them. they can solve the sanitation and food issues easily, but they would never make the big money they could with the vaccine agenda (to say nothing of gates` depopulation plans that hes openly admitted).

theres a vax thread that covers the vax debate.

no, i dont think youre poorly educated. i do think you are misinformed... but we are ALL misinformed at one point, myself included of course.

thats true. but i will say that many of us have looked into this for years and can spot the propaganda a mile away. we know everything "they" say, at the very least, should be suspect if not outright rejected.

everyone who finally does get their head around whats happening either goes through a period of depression or anger (to varying degrees). its a normal reaction to realizing that weve been lied to for so long.

i have to disagree. if you can explain away all of the questions the naysayers have to say about masks, covid, bill gates, etc. with facts-- real facts-- people here will accept it. you wont be able to, though: hard, direct questions like this, when addressed to authoritative figures themselves, are ignored. the truth should be able stand on its own-- so then why would social media and YT ban and censor any other medical views on corona?
I’m not going to agree with you at this point and I may never agree with you. That’s fair enough. I’m not denying there may be truth in what you say but my view of the truth is slightly different. I believe there are always three sides to the truth - your truth, my truth and the actual truth. It is only my opinion, that the actual truth, falls somewhere on between my truth and your truth.
The pharmaceutical industry is first and foremost a profit making one. Therefore, they can never be truly objective. I’m not going to try to prove you wrong by coming up with an argument in favour of the industry because right now, I don’t have the knowledge to do that. I am quite sure that if I begin to research it, I’m really not going to like everything that I find. However, I’m already at a point where I know that.
Nevertheless, as you have already admitted, there is an important role for pharmaceuticals in medicine. There is no question about that. I don’t think I need to prove that. There are many people who wouldn’t be around today, were it not for the pharmaceutical industry. Therefore, we have to find a way to live with it.
Vaccination threads? Yes, I’ve seen some of them and I’m not going to enter into debate about those here. Suffice is to say, that in some instances, people on those threads were wilfully and unashamedly manipulating them truth and quoting “research” that did not stand up to scrutiny. When you try to counter it,
they tell you it’s false news. That muddies their argument and undermines the argument they are trying to present - just as Aero did above with his research about masks and the transmission of coronaviruses. I’m sure you aware - if you’re going to cite research it has to stand up to scrutiny. Just because someone tells you the research proves something, it doesn’t actually mean it goes.
This whole issue of research, is one that baffles me. Take the whole Kpop agenda on the Entertainment board. Some of the posters there post spurious claims about people being paedophiles, cannibals, having sexual relations with animals. They offer their interpretation of a video as evidence, when in fact it is anything but evidence. If they want to convince people of their case, they need to engage in a little more than speculation and fantasy. Sorry, I am digressing...
You are right that LEDCs need more than vaccinations. For a start, they need fair trade laws which put them on an equal footing with other countries. They need education including education about sanitation and nutrition. They need Governments which are not corrupt, They need infrastructure, housing, healthcare...I could go on. Part of what they need however, is also vaccination programmes. All of these other things do not limit the spread of infectious diseases as effectively as vaccinations. I’m a health care professional and a mother. You are never going to convince me that vaccinations are not essential. I have two children with autism. I have been through the vaccination issue in my mind a million times and I still conclude that vaccinating is better than not. I’m am wholly convinced that if you want to depopulate the world, vaccinating is not the way to go about it. You want to depopulate the world? Don’t vaccinate. On that we’re going to have to agree to disagree.

I have absolutely no problem with accepting, Governments lie to us. My difficulty is the idea that there is some overarching organisation behind all of this. I don’t really believe the potential for corruption needs that amount of organisation. It is there within all of us. It’s potential is there at every level in every aspect of our lives - it always has been since time began. Hierarchies and elites exist in even the most basic of species - but not necessarily by organisation.It’s there in friendships, school, work, government - it pervades every level of society. It’s all over threads in these forums - if you don’t share our view, go somewhere else, get off this thread, you don’t belong here. Where people are together it exists. It was there in Minnesota when a white police officer knelt on the neck of a black man and took away his life - just because he could.
I don’t believe that there needs to be anything as complex as a whole network of people conspiring against us and deceiving us.
Facts about Covid? I don’t see anyone lying to us about it. Where I live, the Government, medical professionals, scientists have been honest about this. At this point, they don’t know the answers. Now, they might be lying about that but given my albeit limited medical knowledge, I can look at the evidence they cite and understand the limits of their knowledge. I understand why it is taking time to research this. People died of bacterial infections for hundreds of years, before antibiotics were discovered. The world changed dramatically after that.
Life is what it is. I don’t place trust easily in anyone. I don’t ever assume that anyone is acting in my best interests. The only people I can rely on are my immediate family. I’m not going be depressed or angry to learn about anything that other people might be capable of. I grew up in a country where I‘ve always known exactly what people are capable of. I know what it’s like to not be able to trust people around you; to accept that what you see does not necessarily mean anything.
When you see individuals walk into a fish shop filled with women and children, on a busy Saturday afternoon, with the sole purpose of blowing them to pieces, you become aware of how corrupt and evil people can be. When your father - a member of the emergency response team that day - comes home and cries about the little girl with plaits in her hair, whose body he uncovered in the rubble, you understand that the capacity for evil and corruption is much more widespread than you think.
Excuse me for not blaming any kind of elite for this. To do so, ignores what we are capable of on an individual level. It looks for someone else to blame and absolves us of responsibility.
For me, it doesn’t matter who is driving forward an agenda. The capacity for good and evil still exists and personal accountability and responsibility for it exists.
When people are willing to extinguish life just because they can, it kind of reduces the significance of being asked to wear a mask for a few weeks to possibly help decrease the transmission rate of Covid-19. You’re going to tell me of course, that this attitude is exactly what these people are trying to achieve - that they push these bigger agendas so they can desensitise us to the control they want to exert over us. I suppose that’s always a possibility. I just don’t think it’s that complex.

justjess

Superstar
My employer is being sued over the mask policy.

Recently I brought up employers being sued over masks under the "Americans with Disabilities act". In my theory, employees were suing employers. In real life, it's playing out differently. It's the customers suing.

Pennsylvania requires everyone to wear masks, but there are exceptions for other medical conditions. Apparently, when customers tried shopping without masks and cited the exception, the company I work for completely ignored that exception.

There's a satisfying sort of irony here. It's like my employer is only good at two things. Not following rules properly, and getting sued.
Are you in Pennsylvania?

Aero

Superstar
Are you in Pennsylvania?
No, but the company I work for has corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh.

6 or 7 people are suing the company over the masks, and it seems like the cases have merit. Of course, it will probably end up being decided by some pro-corporate judge.

The big caveat here is how my employer tried refusing service citing the Governors order. That's probably what opened the door to the lawsuits. They should have cited their own internal policy.

justjess

Superstar
No, but the company I work for has corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh.

6 or 7 people are suing the company over the masks, and it seems like the cases have merit. Of course, it will probably end up being decided by some pro-corporate judge.

The big caveat here is how my employer tried refusing service citing the Governors order. That's probably what opened the door to the lawsuits. They should have cited their own internal policy.
Yeah private business has the latitude to refuse service to whoever they want. So idk why they didn’t just cite that, especially in Pennsylvania which is all pro business

Aero

Superstar
Yeah private business has the latitude to refuse service to whoever they want. So idk why they didn’t just cite that, especially in Pennsylvania which is all pro business
Good point.

My employer is all in on total corporate mentality. They need to be walked through everything like little children. Everything is decided by committee, so there's essentially no real leadership. Trying to shift the blame to the Governor was like them trying to cover their asses, by setting themselves on fire.

It's a real head-scratcher.

Noname

Rookie
View attachment 37063
View attachment 37062
View attachment 37066

You do realize that asymtomatic means a healthy person. So the logic is the 99.9% should wear masks so we don't possibly infect the .1%. It has never worked that way. If a person is immunocompromised or weakened immune system, it is they that need to take precautions. Healthy people have always been allowed to build herd immunity.
# First Picture
That's not what CDC says on their website.

"Prevent Spread by Those Without Symptoms
While people who are sick or know that they have COVID-19 should isolate at home, COVID-19 can be spread by people who do not have symptoms and do not know that they are infected. That’s why it’s important for everyone to practice social distancing (staying at least 6 feet away from other people) and wear cloth face coverings in public settings. Cloth face coverings provide an extra layer to help prevent the respiratory droplets from traveling in the air and onto other people."

# Second Picture

Herd immunity is a very controversial topic.

# Third Picture

I have no idea who Doc Grahan is, but I agree with him that there's a risk of contamination in handling masks. The effectiveness of masks, on the other hand, is a controverse topic but there are evidences that they may help:

I also have no idea what you mean by "99%". According to one study, more than 50% of the population of my country is in the high risk group from Coronavirus... Which means 86 millions of people. How would herd immunity would be even possible in a situation like this? In the state of São Paulo, the one with the highest number of cofirmed cases in Brazil, 22% of the people who got it needed to be hospitalized and it's death rate is of 8%. Too many hospitalizations will make the healtcare system colapse and then we'll have so many more deaths.

Another reason to be against herd immunity without a vaccine first: 25% of the deaths in the whole country were from people who weren't in the risk group.

So, yeah, people should wear masks not to infect others IMO.

Sources:

Last edited:

Hon33

Veteran
Wouldn’t that be a lie then?
Not necessarily.
I could have new information tomorrow that I didn’t have today. If I told you it in good faith today, not knowing that it was going to change tomorrow, it wouldn’t be a lie.