"we Are Not Nation-building Again. We Are Killing Terrorists."

DesertRose

Superstar
‘US Doesn’t Want Afghanistan War to End – It's Cash Cow for Pentagon, Contractors’
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/08/no_author/us-doesnt-want-war-afghanistan-end/
Excerpt:
As to whether President Trump has a chance of succeeding where his predecessors have failed, Becker referred to past experience.

“When Richard Nixon, for instance, became president in 1969, he and Henry Kissinger knew the Vietnam War cannot be won by the US but they didn’t want to take responsibility for having been defeated. So they kept dragging the war on and on. So, part of the definition of success here for Trump likewise is to not take responsibility for the exit of US forces from Afghanistan which would be conceding defeat,” he explained.

“The second motivation in terms of what success means is that this is very successful for the Pentagon because they have established permanent military bases in one sovereign country, in Afghanistan, and yes most of the bleeding is done by the Afghans, maybe 100,000 of them died even though most of them have never heard anything about the World Trade Center and had nothing to do with 9/11,” Becker concluded.

DesertRose

Superstar
Micheal scheuer ends up schooling Erik Prince on the Af/Pak strategy.

Pakistan Expects Trump To Use Indians In Afghanistan - From Pakistan Defiant

Thunderian

Superstar
“When Richard Nixon, for instance, became president in 1969, he and Henry Kissinger knew the Vietnam War cannot be won by the US but they didn’t want to take responsibility for having been defeated. So they kept dragging the war on and on. So, part of the definition of success here for Trump likewise is to not take responsibility for the exit of US forces from Afghanistan which would be conceding defeat,” he explained.
America could have won in Vietnam. But their troops were also under restrictive rules of engagement. It will be interesting to see what happens once the US war machine gets revved up in Afghanistan. American troops have had good success against ISIS since Trump took office, and it won't take long to see if they can be as effective against the Taliban.

I feel like Trump wants an honorable exit from Afghanistan and I wish him all the best. The best thing for Afghanistan, and for the US, is if every last foreign troop leaves as soon as possible.

DesertRose

Superstar
Agreed they should leave. Restrictive rules of engagement versus carpet bombing everything that moves. How magnanimous of them, They are already over the top with torture and the mass murder of innocents, which includes using homosexuals to r*pe our imprisoned brethren!
They have their kids in prisons as well, for Gods sake!
I dare you to watch this song. I am heartbroken over events and was consumed with hatred for many years, but at the very least people should be aware about what their troops are up to.( No wonder they end up killing themselves, their human side can not take the wrongdoing). May they get correct guidance and repent as well as stay away from these wars.
Decent people should speak out against military conscription.
"My Lord we do weep blood over the injustices against our brethren, we ask you to help the prisoners to return safely to their families or to you and a great reward." Ameen.

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
The Zone said:
Bannon influence? No... but in the same way Trump is not being allowed to go
through with campaign
stuff.
We all know a president operates in confined space. You get in, (even with hopes of making a difference) into a system that is deeply set. Whatever policies he will sign into law have been in the works for years.

Since 1973, Marshall has headed up one of the Pentagon’s most powerful agencies, the Office of Net Assessment (ONA), the US
defense secretary’s internal ‘think tank’ which conducts highly classified research on future planning for defense policy across the US military and
intelligence community. The ONA has played a key role in major Pentagon strategy initiatives, including Maritime Strategy, the Strategic Defense Initiative, the Competitive Strategies Initiative, and the
Revolution in Military Affairs....Andrew Marshall,
now 93 years old, as “the DoD’s most elusive” but “one of its most influential” officials.
McGray added that “Vice President Dick Cheney, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, and Deputy Secretary Paul Wolfowitz” widely considered the hawks of the neoconservative movement in American politics were among Marshall’s “star protégés.”
“what happens at
informal gatherings such as the Highlands Forum could, over time and through unforeseen
curious paths of influence, have enormous impact, not just within the DoD but throughout the world.” He wrote that the Forum’s ideas have “moved from being heretical to mainstream. Ideas that were anathema in 1999 had been
adopted as policy just three years later.”

TMT

Star
America could have won in Vietnam. But their troops were also under restrictive rules of engagement. It will be interesting to see what happens once the US war machine gets revved up in Afghanistan. American troops have had good success against ISIS since Trump took office, and it won't take long to see if they can be as effective against the Taliban.

I feel like Trump wants an honorable exit from Afghanistan and I wish him all the best. The best thing for Afghanistan, and for the US, is if every last foreign troop leaves as soon as possible.
Sure we could have killed everyone in North Vietnam, that was the only way the US could have gotten out. Frankly I'm glad they didn't do that.
Trump won't "win" Afghanistan because short of killing everybody you can't. All this is is more of the same, we'll see the US backed government reclaim some territory and some battles and the Taliban will retreat and wait it again.

You won't see a win but you will see more carnage ensuring that Taliban will always have a recruitment tool. Afghanistan is a testing ground for US weapons and its a trough for greedy defense contractors, and I have no doubt that the CIA is raking in billions off of heroin.

Thunderian

Superstar
Sure we could have killed everyone in North Vietnam, that was the only way the US could have gotten out. Frankly I'm glad they didn't do that.
Trump won't "win" Afghanistan because short of killing everybody you can't. All this is is more of the same, we'll see the US backed government reclaim some territory and some battles and the Taliban will retreat and wait it again.
I'm not sure if people realize how ineffective the military option becomes when it's mission is restricted the way it was in Vietnam. I have heard first hand from Vietnam vets that they were told not to win. They were just essentially targets out there, and I know it's the same for the troops in Afghanistan. They are prohibited by command from winning, and you can work out the reasons why for yourselves.

So there's no need to slaughter populations wholesale to be an effective force. I think that once the cuffs are off, we will see a different situation than we have seen.

You won't see a win but you will see more carnage ensuring that Taliban will always have a recruitment tool. Afghanistan is a testing ground for US weapons and its a trough for greedy defense contractors, and I have no doubt that the CIA is raking in billions off of heroin.
The Taliban don't recruit, and they are not popular. Killing them won't draw people to their cause.

Yes, Afghanistan is a testing ground for US weapons, just as Syria is a testing ground for Russian arms. I've no doubt Afghanistan has gone on as long as it has because it's a weathy operation in a lot of ways. And I have no doubt, either, that there are elements in the US that are making money from heroin. Something like a third of the economy in Afghanistan is opium-based, and all the addicts big pharma generated with opiates have now turned to smack.

As I said, America pulling out of Afghanistan is the best thing that could happen. Trump could just pull the chute right now and start leaving tomorrow, but my sense is that he doesn't want to do that to the memory of everyone who has been consumed by the war already. Leaving Afghanistan right now means that the Taliban is in charge again, and every death that's resulted there in the last 13 years will have been in vain. if the US can deal the Taliban a hard enough blow before it leaves, and give the Afghanis a chance at a country free from that kind of terror, I think that many people can accept that as a win.

DesertRose

Superstar
The Taliban don't recruit, and they are not popular. Killing them won't draw people to their cause.
Taliban may not only recruit in the traditional sense, they operate in a tribal society and other factors may drive their expansion. E.g You kill from the Taliban and the cousins will kill you as revenge and because you are an invader.
The US seems to be outsourcing this war to India and this flash point will get worst and expand especially now that the prophecy will be referenced.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
"Gideon Polya on real cost of 9/11 wars; Henry Makow and James Perloff on "race wars"
Sep 2 at 4:15pm
KB-TJ_2017-0903_polya-makow-perloff_web.mp3
First hour: Gideon Polya, one of the world's leading experts on preventable mortality, discusses "the horrendous carnage of the US War on Terror (aka the US War on Muslims) involving the deaths of 32 million Muslims abroad (by violence or imposed deprivation) and the preventable deaths of 27 million Americans at home inescapably linked to the fiscal perversion of committing to a $7 trillion long-term accrual cost of killing millions of Muslims abroad instead of keeping millions of Americans alive at home. Bush, Obama and Trump are indeed American-killing US presidents." Check out his new article: American-killing Trump’s Afghanistan Speech Threatens Afghanistan, Pakistan, India And Humanity.
From Wikipedia:"Dr Gideon Polya (born 8 May 1944, Melbourne, Australia) is a scientist, writer, author, artist and activist. He is married with 3 children and 3 grandchildren. He graduated BSC Hons (University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania, 1966) and PhD (Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, 1970). He worked at Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA and the Australian National University, Canberra, and thence taught science students at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Victoria over 4 decades. He published some 130 works in a 5 decade scientific career as a biochemist (biological chemist) , most recently a huge pharmacological reference text "Biochemical Targets of Plant Bioactive Compounds" (CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, New York & London , 2003). He has published "Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950" (G.M. Polya, Melbourne, 2007: http://globalbodycount.blogspot.com/). He has also written about what he calls a 'Zionist-subverted Australia'.[1] In 2013, he published, "American Holocaust, Millions Of Untimely American Deaths And $40 Trillion Cost Of Israel To Americans,"[2] and tallied $30 trillion based on "A $125 trillion cost associated with 15.6 million
https://www.patreon.com/posts/14190770
preventable American deaths since September 2001, of which about $30 trillion can be attributed to US fiscal perversion supporting Apartheid Israel."

Second hour: Henry Makow and James Perloff discuss "race wars."

Henry Makow (like Gideon Polya) hails from a Jewish background, is a retired academician, and has generated controversy via courageous and controversial interventions on taboo topics. Tonight he and bestselling author James Perloff — who like Henry has published several books on the New World Order — join us to offer critical perspectives on the MSM's current hysteria over "white nationalist racist Confederate nazis"...which some see as an orchestrated spectacle designed to pave the way for internet censorship.

Why is it OK for the Huffington Post to sneer "GOY-BYE" at the departing Steve Bannon,, whereas no parallel insulting reference to Jews would ever be tolerated? (The word "goy" is a pejorative epithet for non-Jews, just as "kike" is a pejorative epithet for Jews...so why is one OK but not the other?) So does one side have a "license to hate"? And is the side that hates the most the one that emits the loudest and shrillest accusations of hatred against the other? That's what Henry Makow argues in his recent article "America's Race War: Jews versus Goyim." Hate speech or critical thinking? Under the First Amendment, you have the right to listen and decide for yourself...at least until the Zionist Internet Oligarchs (ZIO) deem otherwise. Meanwhile, enjoy this controversial show!"

Last edited:

TMT

Star
I'm not sure if people realize how ineffective the military option becomes when it's mission is restricted the way it was in Vietnam. I have heard first hand from Vietnam vets that they were told not to win. They were just essentially targets out there, and I know it's the same for the troops in Afghanistan. They are prohibited by command from winning, and you can work out the reasons why for yourselves.

So there's no need to slaughter populations wholesale to be an effective force. I think that once the cuffs are off, we will see a different situation than we have seen.

The mission was restricted in Vietnam? That is a crazy statement. We wrecked that country (and neighboring countries) in fact there were very little "restrictions" as killing civilians was a policy. http://americanempireproject.com/kill-anything-that-moves/

Anyway the Taliban does recruit, it has too or else it wouldn't exist, and the carnage will likely be more civilian deaths than anything and that will drive recruitment.

Look there is nothing different with his policy it's just wishful thinking on your part and your misguided Trump loyalty, and it was never about winning but permanent occupation and until someone has the guts to say that yes, our troops did indeed die for nothing and we are leaving now we will be there forever.

DesertRose

Superstar