We are being raped in this world

Lisa

Superstar
Pretty dramatic...misusing the word r*pe thereby making it common and less horrific than it is. People believe what they want to believe..there is no r*pe involved.

Aero

Superstar
No, people like to believe what they want to believe..
I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or not. So I can't like your comment until I know the truth.

We shouldn't minimize actual r*pe by exaggerating rhetoric. However I think Stephania is speaking from a good place, and I like the conviction. Minus the exaggeration, the point she is trying to make is a valid one.

What I've noticed is most people out here flip their compassion on and off like a light switch. And I suspect that the reality is we have a lot of undiagnosed people with bipolar disorder. Furthermore, these types blend in because they use groupthink as a shield. With that shield, they don't get called out on their obvious psychosis. And on the off chance they do get called out, they can easily brush it aside with typical marginalization or ridicule.

Awoken2

Superstar
And I suspect that the reality is we have a lot of undiagnosed people with bipolar disorder. Furthermore, these types blend in because they use groupthink as a shield. With that shield, they don't get called out on their obvious psychosis
.....(gets up off chair)....

Thanks for the swift diagnosis Dr Aero.

.....(holds out hand for Prozac prescription)

Lisa

Superstar
I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or not. So I can't like your comment until I know the truth.

We shouldn't minimize actual r*pe by exaggerating rhetoric. However I think Stephania is speaking from a good place, and I like the conviction. Minus the exaggeration, the point she is trying to make is a valid one.

What I've noticed is most people out here flip their compassion on and off like a light switch. And I suspect that the reality is we have a lot of undiagnosed people with bipolar disorder. Furthermore, these types blend in because they use groupthink as a shield. With that shield, they don't get called out on their obvious psychosis. And on the off chance they do get called out, they can easily brush it aside with typical marginalization or ridicule.
I said no...

Stephania is never speaking from a good place and is always overly dramatic.

People are flighty and wish washy...they change their minds all the time, doesn’t have to be because they are bipolar..people are flakes.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
.....(gets up off chair)....
Lol, comment of the decade. Thanks for that one.

People are flighty and wish washy...they change their minds all the time, doesn’t have to be because they are bipolar..people are flakes.
Someone changing their mind is fine, but I'm talking about mood swings and inattentiveness. Which are both symptoms of bipolar disorder. Those symptoms along with rising health care costs and the stigma of mental illness create a perfect storm of undiagnosed chaos.

The dismissiveness of my comments is also characteristic of the stigmatization I referred to. When faced with such a theory, a compassionate person should wonder if I'm onto something here. The compassionate person should think let's try to help these people by creating awareness and striking at a medical system that not only creates the problem but exacerbates it for profit.

Lisa

Superstar
Lol, comment of the decade. Thanks for that one.

Someone changing their mind is fine, but I'm talking about mood swings and inattentiveness. Which are both symptoms of bipolar disorder. Those symptoms along with rising health care costs and the stigma of mental illness create a perfect storm of undiagnosed chaos.

The dismissiveness of my comments is also characteristic of the stigmatization I referred to. When faced with such a theory, a compassionate person should wonder if I'm onto something here. The compassionate person should think let's try to help these people by creating awareness and striking at a medical system that not only creates the problem but exacerbates it for profit.
I can be compassionate and still think you’re wrong.

Aero

Superstar
I can be compassionate and still think you’re wrong.
That's true, but thinking I'm wrong and refuting my argument are two different things.

One report I found estimated that up to 45% of people with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder have gone untreated. That equates to 3.5 million people, but the numbers don't even paint the full picture. These are people who have at some point been to a doctor. So it doesn't even factor in people who have never gone to a doctor, therefore they are completely off the books. Meaning the actual number of undiagnosed is unquantifiable.

Lisa

Superstar
That's true, but thinking I'm wrong and refuting my argument are two different things.

One report I found estimated that up to 45% of people with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder have gone untreated. That equates to 3.5 million people, but the numbers don't even paint the full picture. These are people who have at some point been to a doctor. So it doesn't even factor in people who have never gone to a doctor, therefore they are completely off the books. Meaning the actual number of undiagnosed is unquantifiable.
Not everyone is bipolar, I still think you’re wrong.

Aero

Superstar
Not everyone is bipolar, I still think you’re wrong.
I never said everyone was bipolar. I said a lot of people. Plus independent studies confirm my point exactly. I would cite my source properly if I thought people cared, but they don't.

BTW I never accused you of not having compassion. But it seems like you have turned yourself into a prime example of what I'm talking about. You are personifying one major symptom of bipolar disorder.

It goes back to you mischaracterizing my argument. I don't think you are doing that on purpose, I think it comes down to inattentiveness. Of course, that doesn't mean you are bipolar, but the symptom is worth exploring. Like what have I wrote here that's been hard to follow? My argument has been short and clearly stated with sources backing me up.

Lisa

Superstar
I never said everyone was bipolar. I said a lot of people. Plus independent studies confirm my point exactly. I would cite my source properly if I thought people cared, but they don't.

BTW I never accused you of not having compassion. But it seems like you have turned yourself into a prime example of what I'm talking about. You are personifying one major symptom of bipolar disorder.

It goes back to you mischaracterizing my argument. I don't think you are doing that on purpose, I think it comes down to inattentiveness. Of course, that doesn't mean you are bipolar, but the symptom is worth exploring. Like what have I wrote here that's been hard to follow? My argument has been short and clearly stated with sources backing me up.
It seemed to me like you were trying to say all people were bipolar with the comment that we will never know how many really are..unquantifiable is the word you used.

I think it’s common for people to have mood swings and change their minds and not be bipolar. We are all striving to be happy...and when we aren’t we change our minds in what that could be...everyone has this and I can’t say that means people are bipolar.

Aero

Superstar
It seemed to me like you were trying to say all people were bipolar with the comment that we will never know how many really are..unquantifiable is the word you used.

I think it’s common for people to have mood swings and change their minds and not be bipolar. We are all striving to be happy...and when we aren’t we change our minds in what that could be...everyone has this and I can’t say that means people are bipolar.
The number of undiagnosed people is unquantifiable. Thinking that means literally everyone is quite the stretch. But I'll allow that because I'm not trying to hold your feet to the fire here. I have bigger fish to fry.

I'm not going so far as to say we are looking at a mental health epidemic. The epidemic theory might also be a stretch, but still within the realm of possibility. My main point was that we have a lot of sick people hiding in plain sight. More importantly, those people don't know they are sick. If they were aware they would keep themselves in check or at least realize their mood swings stem from a chemical imbalance.

Speaking of mood swings, I don't know how common they really are. But the fact of the matter is mood swings are not healthy. It's not normal to flip a switch and go from happy to depressed. Especially from an evolutionary perspective. Like how could humans get anything done, if they can barely hold themselves together? I think that certainly speaks to the inefficiency we are seeing in the civilized world.

In conclusion, humans aren't coming together to solve problems anymore. Sure, maybe we aren't all totally mental, but someone needs to come up with a theory as to why we have regressed so badly. The mental health angle deserves to be looked into.

Lisa

Superstar
The number of undiagnosed people is unquantifiable. Thinking that means literally everyone is quite the stretch. But I'll allow that because I'm not trying to hold your feet to the fire here. I have bigger fish to fry.

I'm not going so far as to say we are looking at a mental health epidemic. The epidemic theory might also be a stretch, but still within the realm of possibility. My main point was that we have a lot of sick people hiding in plain sight. More importantly, those people don't know they are sick. If they were aware they would keep themselves in check or at least realize their mood swings stem from a chemical imbalance.

Speaking of mood swings, I don't know how common they really are. But the fact of the matter is mood swings are not healthy. It's not normal to flip a switch and go from happy to depressed. Especially from an evolutionary perspective. Like how could humans get anything done, if they can barely hold themselves together? I think that certainly speaks to the inefficiency we are seeing in the civilized world.

In conclusion, humans aren't coming together to solve problems anymore. Sure, maybe we aren't all totally mental, but someone needs to come up with a theory as to why we have regressed so badly. The mental health angle deserves to be looked into.
Sin is your answer.
How can we solve worldwide problems when we can’t even solve our own personal problems? That's what I can’t understand...and no one has a good response to my question.

I believe she's saying people are starting to do things without the others consent more leading towards us, but yes, she could have used another word for it.

Sin is your answer.
How can we solve worldwide problems when we can’t even solve our own personal problems? That's what I can’t understand...and no one has a good response to my question.
We can't. I mean, I can't. I depend on God and pray to him for almost everything. Most of the time, he shows his people that they need him, and that they need to pray to him about it. That's what I do. The majority of the world depends on sin, like some go to alcohol, some go to sex, some go to just, whatever it is. Meanwhile, I go to God. Even if I didn't want to due to temptation.

Well my point is, you're correct.

Stephania

Star
Hmm. To those questioning my usage of the word. I'm not sure what else to call it.. there is such a thing as both spiritual and adulterous r*pe of attempted r*pe. (Adulterous not in marriage sense, but to add or subtract something that's not in the original form.)
In any case.. would you also say that Chapman's usage of the word in this song is wrong? Because it's not just being attempted against us by the ruling elite.. but even the earth.

Last edited: