Ways of protecting oneself from nightmares and disturbing dreams

fire009_Flyer

Established
Thank you for that! I try to make sure I have spiritual protection not only when I go to sleep but daily when I do things online as well (ex: reading the news, researching, watching things, etc). So many more things affect us than we realize, all through which we can potentially be attacked.

Maes17

Superstar
Personally I find having a healthy sleep schedule helps with avoiding nightmares and such.

Stay away from greasy foods, carbs and sugars within three hours too. I tend to get sleep paralysis pretty easily when my sleep is off schedule or if I eat something as mentioned

Dalit

Star
Lowkey had one of the weirdest dream last night where I was fighting demons and speaking in tongues. It was crazy.
Speaking in tongues, if it's the Holy Spirit speaking through you, can combat demons. Yet it's weird. I have to admit that. Everytime I pray that way, I find it weird. And I think what I pray is this "give me clean lips or pure speech/language". I figured out that one of the words I use most often is the word for language or lips in Hebrew. It seems weird because it's beyond logical understanding. Maybe it's a way of asking Yahweh for the right words to pray.

Etagloc

Superstar
Lowkey had one of the weirdest dream last night where I was fighting demons and speaking in tongues. It was crazy.
I used to have similar problems.

I am telling you not what should work or only works in theory but what works in practice, in actuality- do wudu and then recite ayat Al Kursi before bed. Insha'Allah you will sleep like a baby. If you want to know details, DM grateful servant and insha'Allah she can teach you.

What I am telling you is not what works only in theory but what actually works. I myself used to have sleep trouble. Try it for yourself and insha'Allah the results will speak for themselves.

Maes17

Superstar
Are you Dante from devil may cry? :p

But seriously, relax a few hours before sleep. Steer away from media.
Mainstream and alternative, do not feed your subconscious before bed.

If you must, then recite a prayer before bed.

fire009_Flyer

Established
Speaking in tongues, if it's the Holy Spirit speaking through you, can combat demons. Yet it's weird. I have to admit that. Everytime I pray that way, I find it weird. And I think what I pray is this "give me clean lips or pure speech/language". I figured out that one of the words I use most often is the word for language or lips in Hebrew. It seems weird because it's beyond logical understanding. Maybe it's a way of asking Yahweh for the right words to pray.
That’s interesting. I think the reason it was so weird is because I’ve never actually spoken in tongues in real life before. Maybe in the future.

I used to have similar problems.

I am telling you not what should work or only works in theory but what works in practice, in actuality- do wudu and then recite ayat Al Kursi before bed. Insha'Allah you will sleep like a baby. If you want to know details, DM grateful servant and insha'Allah she can teach you.

What I am telling you is not what works only in theory but what actually works. I myself used to have sleep trouble. Try it for yourself and insha'Allah the results will speak for themselves.
Glad it worked for you. Thanks for the tip! I’ll try.
Are you Dante from devil may cry? :p

But seriously, relax a few hours before sleep. Steer away from media.
Mainstream and alternative, do not feed your subconscious before bed.

If you must, then recite a prayer before bed.
I learned that lesson a bit late but better late than never I guess. Thanks for your reply!

Maes17

Superstar
That’s interesting. I think the reason it was so weird is because I’ve never actually spoken in tongues in real life before. Maybe in the future.

Glad it worked for you. Thanks for the tip! I’ll try.

I learned that lesson a bit late but better late than never I guess. Thanks for your reply!
You got a lot going on.
So understandable. Once school starts nearing it's end and all your college stuff gets settled you'll be good to go.

I say embrace it. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

fire009_Flyer

Established
You got a lot going on.
So understandable. Once school starts nearing it's end and all your college stuff gets settled you'll be good to go.

I say embrace it. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Thanks again for the understanding and encouragement @Maes17 :) I kinda needed it.

Maes17

Superstar
Thanks again for the understanding and encouragement @Maes17 :) I kinda needed it.
I know the feeling. I had a lot going on my senior year too.
Once I took a little down time, cleared my head, graduation and going to college was less scary.

I even wound up going to college out of state. Wasn't nervous about that at all.
You have a bright future. You're gonna be fine. Just jitters at the moment

Maes17

Superstar
My advice: winter break, spring break and any days off from school.
Take some time for yourself.
That's what I did. That's what led me to my decision to get away from home as well.

It's your senior year. Have fun. My only regret is I didn't go to my prom, but it's not like relationships were my thing at the time lol.