Was Kubrick warning us about Dr. Fauci?

ARose

Established
The character of Dr. Bill Harford curiously reminds me of where Fauci was in the late 90’s: Starting to move in social circles opened up for him by his HIV research fame.

He had been working with researchers from The Chinese Military on HIV related patents.

In “Eyes Wide Shut”, in the costume renting scene, the girl reminiscent of an Epstein Island victim, mentions ermine lined cloak (like what Prince Andrew types would wear) and is seen interacting with what appear to be two Chinese businessmen or government officials (I say Chinese specifically, as Kubrick made a point of Chinese food containers being displayed on the tables.)

Both HIV as a relevant topic and Rainbows are featured as somehow relevant. Fauci infamously was attacked by prominent gay, cultural influencers as director of The NIAID during the initial AIDS crisis, until these same people praised him upon later reconsideration of his role on the crisis.

He started really expanding his role as “Dr. of Crisis” following 9/11.

Were we given a warning of what was to come? The initiation of the doctor into higher circles?

Maes17

Superstar
Perhaps.

I don’t have the time, but just a thought: if any of you guys have the time and dedication. Movies like eyes wide shut, etc. music where the artist died early.

See if there are connections with a theme. Everything is hidden in plain sight. Just with so much going on, I don’t have the time, patience and spirit to dive in

In “Eyes Wide Shut”, in the costume renting scene, the girl reminiscent of an Epstein Island victim, mentions ermine lined cloak (like what Prince Andrew types would wear) and is seen interacting with what appear to be two Chinese businessmen or government officials (I say Chinese specifically, as Kubrick made a point of Chinese food containers being displayed on the tables.)
why are they Japanese?

2N61tyyncFaFVtpM8rCsJzDgecVMtkz4jpzBsszXjhqan9jTPVFvD9eaV6zcxmX9JRBvpT9DoxLYpLfut5495n4EXeqET3...jpg
The Plague Doctor mask. This mask is worn most prominently by the man who grabs and leads away the masked “mystery woman” who “redeems” Harford from an unknown but sinister fate. It’s not spelled out, but the obvious implication is that she’s offering to die in place of Harford, just as the main character in the Beethoven opera Fidelio risks her life to save her husband.
The plague doctor mask was worn by physicians during the Black Plague; it supposedly protected wearers from plague germs. The “beak” of the mask was usually stuffed with medicinal herbs. In the EWS "redemption" scene, it's undoubtedly a symbol of approaching death. The mask is also an ironic echo of Harford’s status as a real-life doctor, except that this plague-masked "doctor" deals out death instead of life.

tumblr_inline_p7q4klNKeW1qfo9ju_500.jpg

"mystery woman"s morgue drawer number is 19. plague and 19? what? have I gone mad?

The Zone

Star
I just want to see the unedited version missing after his death. There is a version with some extra minutes but there is some cutting room floor stuff with more blatant pee-do stuff and implications his child was to be groomed. Discussion on EWS is a good rabbit hole I have been down a time or two.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Dr. Fauci grafted patchs of aborted babies scalps to lab rats to see them growing.