Warning signs of disintegration regarding the American economy.

saki

Star
...not that I care one whit about the price if diamonds in Israel, or elsewhere.... but this report seems to agree with the sentiments distilled on this thread.... 2020 is going to be a rough year... Globally....
...ie: if diamond merchants are not able to afford their second home on the lake, I couldn't care less... but if a downturn in diamond sales serves as a harbinger of things to come, then maybe I better pay attention....

....."It appears a diamond crisis is unfolding, and this is what usually happens right before a global recession, a sign that the consumer can no longer power the global economy. Turmoil is ahead.".......

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/there-global-crisis-israel-diamond-industry-plunges-amid-global-turmoil

"There Is A Global Crisis" - Israel Diamond Industry Collapses Amid Faltering Demand
by Tyler Durden

Sat, 10/19/2019 - 20:30

Macroeconomic headwinds are developing across the world. At least 90% of all countries are experiencing a slowdown in growth that has stumped central bankers and policymakers. No one at the moment can figure out how to restart the global economy. With the risk of a worldwide trade recession soaring for 2020, if not has already arrived, consumers are pulling back on spending, which has contributed to a collapse in the global diamond industry, something that we've been documenting this year.

The latest stress in the global diamond industry is emanating from Israel. Ynetnews is saying the country's diamond exports have plunged 22%, a sign that consumer demand from Asia is faltering.

Trade data showed for the first three quarters of 2019, Israeli exports of diamonds were $2.62 billion, down from $3.32 billion during the same period last year.

In 3Q19, imports and exports of diamonds by Israel plunged 28% YoY.

The Times of Israel blamed the downturn on the trade war and social unrest in Hong Kong.

Yoram Dvash, president of the Israel Diamond Exchange, told Ynetnews:
"There is a global crisis. The government needs to help out the industry. Everywhere people are helping because they understand that there are difficulties now. Trump's trade war with China and the Hong Kong protests really influence the industry. Hong Kong accounts for about 30% of our exports. The Hong Kong government said that in recent times, the sector that's been damaged the most there has been the jewelry industry."​
Dvash said Hong Kong jewelry shops, which import hundreds of millions of dollars of diamonds from Israel per year, have noticed collapsing demand from mainland China because of the social unrest and economic downturn in the region.

Florida Millionaire Predicts 'Cash Panic' In 2019
PhD Millionaire who called Dotcom crash, housing bust, and market's surge since '09 is now predicting a 'cash panic' in 2019. Here's how to prepare.
"Right now, the Chinese government isn't granting visas to Chinese to go to Hong Kong in order to put pressure on business people there and hurt the economy. It's paralyzing the number 2 diamond market in the world," Dvash said.​
A source told Ynetnews that a credit crisis in India involving Indian diamond companies has negatively impacted the global industry.

Earlier this month, De Beers', one of the largest diamond exploration, diamond mining, and diamond retailing companies in the world, saw a 39% YoY drop in September sales.

A diamond analyst last month said markets remained oversupplied, resulting in weak global sales.
"The current malaise in the market is due to oversupply," said Paul Zimnisky, an analyst in New York, who said diamond buyers had too much inventory.​
Spot diamond prices on the IDEX Diamond Index shows how oversupplied conditions have weighed down prices in the last 8 months.

And while diamonds are supposed to "a girl's best friend", recent months have seen gold the preferred shiny thing of choice...

Shares in Signet, the world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry, have crashed 89% in the last four years.

It appears a diamond crisis is unfolding, and this is what usually happens right before a global recession, a sign that the consumer can no longer power the global economy. Turmoil is ahead.

Lisa

Superstar
One day all these predictions might come to pass...then the person making them will be so proud he/she/they/it ;) were finally right!

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
...not that I care one whit about the price if diamonds in Israel, or elsewhere.... but this report seems to agree with the sentiments distilled on this thread.... 2020 is going to be a rough year... Globally....
...ie: if diamond merchants are not able to afford their second home on the lake, I couldn't care less... but if a downturn in diamond sales serves as a harbinger of things to come, then maybe I better pay attention....

....."It appears a diamond crisis is unfolding, and this is what usually happens right before a global recession, a sign that the consumer can no longer power the global economy. Turmoil is ahead.".......

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/there-global-crisis-israel-diamond-industry-plunges-amid-global-turmoil

"There Is A Global Crisis" - Israel Diamond Industry Collapses Amid Faltering Demand
by Tyler Durden

Sat, 10/19/2019 - 20:30

Macroeconomic headwinds are developing across the world. At least 90% of all countries are experiencing a slowdown in growth that has stumped central bankers and policymakers. No one at the moment can figure out how to restart the global economy. With the risk of a worldwide trade recession soaring for 2020, if not has already arrived, consumers are pulling back on spending, which has contributed to a collapse in the global diamond industry, something that we've been documenting this year.

The latest stress in the global diamond industry is emanating from Israel. Ynetnews is saying the country's diamond exports have plunged 22%, a sign that consumer demand from Asia is faltering.

Trade data showed for the first three quarters of 2019, Israeli exports of diamonds were $2.62 billion, down from $3.32 billion during the same period last year.

In 3Q19, imports and exports of diamonds by Israel plunged 28% YoY.

The Times of Israel blamed the downturn on the trade war and social unrest in Hong Kong.

Yoram Dvash, president of the Israel Diamond Exchange, told Ynetnews:
"There is a global crisis. The government needs to help out the industry. Everywhere people are helping because they understand that there are difficulties now. Trump's trade war with China and the Hong Kong protests really influence the industry. Hong Kong accounts for about 30% of our exports. The Hong Kong government said that in recent times, the sector that's been damaged the most there has been the jewelry industry."​
Dvash said Hong Kong jewelry shops, which import hundreds of millions of dollars of diamonds from Israel per year, have noticed collapsing demand from mainland China because of the social unrest and economic downturn in the region.

Florida Millionaire Predicts 'Cash Panic' In 2019
PhD Millionaire who called Dotcom crash, housing bust, and market's surge since '09 is now predicting a 'cash panic' in 2019. Here's how to prepare.
"Right now, the Chinese government isn't granting visas to Chinese to go to Hong Kong in order to put pressure on business people there and hurt the economy. It's paralyzing the number 2 diamond market in the world," Dvash said.​
A source told Ynetnews that a credit crisis in India involving Indian diamond companies has negatively impacted the global industry.

Earlier this month, De Beers', one of the largest diamond exploration, diamond mining, and diamond retailing companies in the world, saw a 39% YoY drop in September sales.

A diamond analyst last month said markets remained oversupplied, resulting in weak global sales.
"The current malaise in the market is due to oversupply," said Paul Zimnisky, an analyst in New York, who said diamond buyers had too much inventory.​
Spot diamond prices on the IDEX Diamond Index shows how oversupplied conditions have weighed down prices in the last 8 months.

And while diamonds are supposed to "a girl's best friend", recent months have seen gold the preferred shiny thing of choice...

Shares in Signet, the world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry, have crashed 89% in the last four years.

It appears a diamond crisis is unfolding, and this is what usually happens right before a global recession, a sign that the consumer can no longer power the global economy. Turmoil is ahead.
Very interesting stuff and a fine quote here "It appears a diamond crisis is unfolding, and this is what usually happens right before a global recession, a sign that the consumer can no longer power the global economy. Turmoil is ahead."
This is a powerful economic outlier/indicator which few are mentioning at the moment.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
So far as this roller coaster is concerned, Greg Mannarino provides the best technical breakdowns of the situation that I have found but does so in an entertaining enough fashion that the info is easy-er to digest in his videos and website (which has free resources available). But while his insights are unique and sound, his laser-focus is on how to profit from the various markets/commodities and other investment situations, events and opportunities.
https://www.traderschoice.net/

Greg Hunter is somewhat of a the-sky-is-falling (for years now), conservative leaning huckster. However, a strength of his platform is that it does provide a diverse array of voices and opinions regarding economic developments and this video address' the situation we are discussing here with a bit of a broader perspective.....
His series of interviews with Catherine Austin Fits also provides some sound, yet alternative takes on these ongoing issues.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCu0mLV2ZBE

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
This covers some of the aspects of the topic which we are discussing here. The poster offers some different perspectives which I think is important for an informed, balanced discussion.

DavidSon

Star
@TempestOfTempo- I've been enjoying Mannarino's updates and checked his site. Guy gets pretty animated it's hilarious. Most of his knowledge is beyond me but hearing concepts repeated, they start to sink in. I'm reading an article I think is helpful for those of us with an elementary/intermediate understanding of finance:

150 Years of Bank Credit Expansion is Near Its End

I was thinking of an "economies 101" thread but maybe we can share related info here? The basics of Medici era lending and first stock market (Dutch East India) are simple to grasp but towards the present the system is extremely complicated. I've seen a few good vids about the history of economics/money. Any other sources you recommend? I just realized there's two other parts but "Money as Debt" is an excellent introduction of the basics of (our crooked modern) economy:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
@TempestOfTempo- I've been enjoying Mannarino's updates and checked his site. Guy gets pretty animated it's hilarious. Most of his knowledge is beyond me but hearing concepts repeated, they start to sink in. I'm reading an article I think is helpful for those of us with an elementary/intermediate understanding of finance:

150 Years of Bank Credit Expansion is Near Its End

I was thinking of an "economies 101" thread but maybe we can share related info here? The basics of Medici era lending and first stock market (Dutch East India) are simple to grasp but towards the present the system is extremely complicated. I've seen a few good vids about the history of economics/money. Any other sources you recommend? I just realized there's two other parts but "Money as Debt" is an excellent introduction of the basics of (our crooked modern) economy:

Man, excellent post! I have to take some time to respond to this as well as the Tusli post in another thread...... these comments are outstanding and I take them seriously, so I want to provide the best reply that I can......

Glad 2 know

Veteran
I'm not trying to bring up the topic of homelessness here but how can the economy be good like we've been hearing if we have so many homeless people in every city in many states??? How can the economy be good if we have all these decades-old businesses closing down? I have never seen so many homeless people and I have never seen so many big chain stores closing down either.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I'm not trying to bring up the topic of homelessness here but how can the economy be good like we've been hearing if we have so many homeless people in every city in many states??? How can the economy be good if we have all these decades-old businesses closing down? I have never seen so many homeless people and I have never seen so many big chain stores closing down either.
Its just that ol' idiot box in your house..... trying desperately to convince you not to believe your own lyin eyes eh?

Lisa

Superstar
Homeless people are homeless by choice..I know its a video about something else..but they get to the crux of the homeless crisis in California.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
You watched the whole thing? He said he talked to homeless people and they wanted to stay homeless...what is upsetting you?
You admit that you dont check out the links others post and rarely post any links yourself to bolster your opinions here. When you do post links, they are like this one..... proving very little to nothing.

Based on your activity on this site, you give the impression of an intellectual and spiritual fraud. So keep ignoring evidence and cherry picking convenient contentions that reinforce your warped worldview all you like Lisa, but your actions are not going to change the world much, are they?

Lisa

Superstar
You admit that you dont check out the links others post and rarely post any links yourself to bolster your opinions here. When you do post links, they are like this one..... proving very little to nothing.

Based on your activity on this site, you give the impression of an intellectual and spiritual fraud. So keep ignoring evidence and cherry picking convenient contentions that reinforce your warped worldview all you like Lisa, but your actions are not going to change the world much, are they?
I don’t check out all the links people post here..I do however view some of them. I have posted more links than I have ever done before..so there is that.

I post things that interest me and I think are worthy to go to or watch. I liked that video because of the debate of which state is better, but then it got into the homeless issue and I was interested in what he said about interviewing homeless people. I hope he did a video about that and releases it soon. I will definitely post it if he does!

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I don’t check out all the links people post here..I do however view some of them. I have posted more links than I have ever done before..so there is that.

I post things that interest me and I think are worthy to go to or watch. I liked that video because of the debate of which state is better, but then it got into the homeless issue and I was interested in what he said about interviewing homeless people. I hope he did a video about that and releases it soon. I will definitely post it if he does!
You very well may post such a video if its produced Lisa, as it fits with your cruel, anti-homeless rhetoric...... rhetoric Jesus stood in direct opposition of btw.

Lisa

Superstar
You very well may post such a video if its produced Lisa, as it fits with your cruel, anti-homeless rhetoric...... rhetoric Jesus stood in direct opposition of btw.
What scripture can you give me that says that Jesus is in direct opposition to what I have said?

What is cruel with Will Witt saying he interviewed homeless people and they want to be homeless? I’m not understanding you here.