War in Palestine

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
- We can agree that for the most part after the initial military campaigns on behalf of both armies concluded, these peoples enjoyed relatively conflict-free relations and that the Christian Crusades were a catalyst to the degeneration of relations between these two peoples (Jewish and Palestinian).

That is not my understanding-- just saying. I mean, the Catholics killed Protestants too. They are a religion unto themselves. The conflict imo goes back to Isaac and Ishmael.. Esau and Jacob.

Why didn't the Arabs want the Jews there prior to the Israeli state, during the British mandate? Both Jews and Muslims were there already.
Ishmael and Issac were Abraham's sons, they each spawned 12 sons/tribes. There was conflict between Abraham's wife and Hagar so he relocated Hagar to the Arabian peninsula, thus these 24 factions grew up in different areas, but shared the blood of Abraham in their veins.
There were various regional and smaller conflicts between these groups, but once the main military campaigns ended, so did the majority of hostilities between these two. As these groups moved into formal titles and etc. of "Jewish" and "Muslim" the organized beefs between them tended to die out and the first few Crusades may have actually served to strengthen the ties between the 2 groups. Somewhere after the last Crusade and the first World War, whomever is behind this ish figured out that dividing these peoples would be advantageous for political, military and monetary reasons and the situation has been intentionally spiraling out of control ever since.

As for why the Jewish people were not welcomed back en masse, Im not sure what time period you mean there but if you elaborate, I will try to address your contentions.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Did you explain why, if the "Palestinians" are indigenous to the region, they all have names that indicate they came from elsewhere?
Yes. We (meaning both sides of the debate here) have explained this situation multiple times to you. I guess you must really need the gas $ this week and thats why you keep embarrassing yourself so hard here........

Karlysymon

Superstar
Iirc, Esau intermarried with Ishmaelites, who also intermarried (Esau, that is) with the Canaanites, etc. Jacob and Esau.. a nation divided-- add to that, the existing rivalry between Isaac and Ishmael. Chaos ensues.

But the Arabs are descendants of Ishmael-- they may have intermarried with the Philistines or Canaanites (which is possible), but I'm not sure how they could be descended from them.
Thanks but its just something i hear quite often....that they are descendants of the Philistines...the bible mentions Gaza several times.
Anyway, what solid proof do you have that Arabs are descendants of Ishmael. No one knows where the ten tribes are. Persians/Iranians can't be descendants of Ishmael, right? Because people do make a distinction between the groups of people in the region.

Thunderian

Superstar
Yes. We (meaning both sides of the debate here) have explained this situation multiple times to you. I guess you must really need the gas $ this week and thats why you keep embarrassing yourself so hard here........
I'm stupid, remember? Please link to the posts that explain how a people who supposedly came from one area ended up with last names from another.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
If it was answered, then even a moron should be able to show me where.

Over to you.
Yes. Even a moron should have been able to read the posts in this very thread which answer your questions.
Your deficiency of mental capacity isnt truly the issue tho..... its that you openly support Zionist aggression while you cheer on the intentional theft of the most vulnerable youth by the leader of a nation you have never even been a citizen of. You mock their plight.

So yes, you are certainly a moron. But you are also obviously a severely damaged individual whom takes pleasure in the pain of children. You are disgusting.

elsbet

Superstar
Yes. Even a moron should have been able to read the posts in this very thread which answer your questions.
Your deficiency of mental capacity isnt truly the issue tho..... its that you openly support Zionist aggression while you cheer on the intentional theft of the most vulnerable youth by the leader of a nation you have never even been a citizen of. You mock their plight.

So yes, you are certainly a moron. But you are also obviously a severely damaged individual whom takes pleasure in the pain of children. You are disgusting.
I didn't see it, either. Just saying.

Was it Immigration? Expulsion from another major country-- or rather exile? It's not unbelievable... it's a desert, for Pete's sake. Interesting sidebar: they are still finding Sulfur-- pure Sulfur, that is-- in the area that was Sodom (or Gomorrah, one). It is an ashen wasteland.

Thunderian

Superstar

The Palestinians of today are descendants of people who started coming to Palestine in the late 19th century looking for jobs. I know this drives you crazy, but it's the truth,

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I didn't see it, either. Just saying.

Was it Immigration? Expulsion from another major country-- or rather exile? It's not unbelievable... it's a desert, for Pete's sake. Interesting sidebar: they are still finding Sulfur-- pure Sulfur, that is-- in the area that was Sodom (or Gomorrah, one). It is an ashen wasteland.

The Palestinians of today are descendants of people who started coming to Palestine in the late 19th century looking for jobs. I know this drives you crazy, but it's the truth,
- We have all clearly established that Palestine & the Palestinians are real. Its in the very title of this thread started by Dumbdarian.
- We have established that the majority of these people are Semitic in their DNA. Can we say the same for the European, American and other Jewish peoples who are now in Israel calling themselves "Israelis"?
- TokiEl has stated clearly that these peoples existed before the Roman re-naming of the area, which is when he (it appears) contends the title of "Palestinian" originated. There have been discussions as to exactly what their name/identity was before the renaming effort, but there is no doubt historically or biblically that these people were there.
- z gharib posted links to researcher Rona Sela's excellent work. Shes is a Jewish authority so the source isnt in question.
- I posted info regarding my contentions straight from Encyclopedia Britannia: "After being repulsed by the Egyptians, they settled—possibly with Egypt’s permission—on the coastal plain of Palestine from Joppa (modern Tel Aviv–Yafo) southward to Gaza. The area contained the five cities (the Pentapolis) of the Philistine confederacy (Gaza, Ashkelon[Ascalon], Ashdod, Gath, and Ekron) and was known as Philistia, or the Land of the Philistines. It was from this designation that the whole of the country was later called Palestine by the Greeks."
- The eye witness testimony of Jewish woman Tikva Honig-Parnass whom participated in the Zionist ethnic cleansing efforts was posted in this thread as well.
- In one post, TokiEl admits "And then the Arabs came in the 7th century". So he's claiming that the Palestinians are Arab's whom have existed on the land since at least the 7th century. A far cry from your 20th century dates.
- TokiEl then admits they were there but has a different take on who they were and where they may have been from.
- TokiEl continues to admit these peoples existence, but then changes his description of who they are from "Arabs" to an amalgamation of various tribes/peoples in the area.
- Information was posted by awakened32 from the neutral, history.com site
- The well-known history of Issac and Ishmael were recounted here as well.
- This bit of living history was posted by z gharib.....

Dumbdarian, the behavior you exhibit here is putrid.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
- We have all clearly established that Palestine & the Palestinians are real. Its in the very title of this thread started by Dumbdarian.
- We have established that the majority of these people are Semitic in their DNA. Can we say the same for the European, American and other Jewish peoples who are now in Israel calling themselves "Israelis"?
- TokiEl has stated clearly that these peoples existed before the Roman re-naming of the area. There have been discussions as to exactly what their name/identity was before the renaming effort, but there is no doubt historically or biblically that these people were there.
- z gharib posted links to researcher Rona Sela's excellent work. Shes is a Jewish authority so the source isnt in question.
- I posted info regarding my contentions straight from Encyclopedia Britannia: "After being repulsed by the Egyptians, they settled—possibly with Egypt’s permission—on the coastal plain of Palestine from Joppa (modern Tel Aviv–Yafo) southward to Gaza. The area contained the five cities (the Pentapolis) of the Philistine confederacy (Gaza, Ashkelon[Ascalon], Ashdod, Gath, and Ekron) and was known as Philistia, or the Land of the Philistines. It was from this designation that the whole of the country was later called Palestine by the Greeks."
- The eye witness testimony of Jewish woman Tikva Honig-Parnass whom participated in the Zionist ethnic cleansing efforts was posted in this thread as well.
- In one post, TokiEl admits "And then the Arabs came in the 7th century". So he's claiming that the Palestinians are Arab's whom have existed on the land since at least the 7th century. A far cry from your 20th century dates.
- TokiEl then admits they were there but has a different take on who they were and where they may have been from.
- TokiEl continues to admit these peoples existence, but then changes his description of who they are from "Arabs" to an amalgamation of various tribes/peoples in the area.
- This bit of living history was posted as well.....

Ohh... Tempest, you contend that the Palestinians are Philistines? Did I read that right?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Ohh... Tempest, you contend that the Palestinians are Philistines? Did I read that right?
I was just asking about the connection of name and peoples.
We have established that the Palestinian peoples have a historical footprint in the area. Weather one thinks the land is promised to the Jewish peoples by God almighty or if we choose a totally secular route, the fact remains that these people have long existed there. I was asking what were they called before the renaming of the area. TokiEl contends they existed there but were only referred to as "Palestinians" and "Palestine" after a Roman empire renaming effort. Encyclopedia Britannica gave credit to the Greeks for establishing these titles.

So its pretty well established that these peoples, by whatever title one chooses to apply to them, have existed in the area for a long, long time.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I think the only undisputed facts are that the Romans renamed Israel "Palestine" after the ancient foes of the Hebrews when they subjugated them and they then dispersed amongst the nations.

The term "Palestinian" does not automatically transfer to the people who currently identify by that name, nor does it automatically say these people do not have any historical claim to an ancient connection to the land.

The term "English" is another problematic name as most of the English are French, Germans, a tiny bit of Celtic blood, a bit of Viking and more recently Polish, Romanian, Iraqi etc. All these groups have gone into the melting pot of "England" whilst the "original" English are a tiny minority. This mix grew up within 1000 years. To say with confidence that there was a distinct and separate Palestinian ethnicity that has lasted for two millennia or more, set apart from their Arab brothers and sisters seems to me to be more like PR and less like history.

By saying this, I'm in no way suggesting that one group of people is more valuable or have a greater claim on human rights than another.

I found JD Farag's realisation about the Palestinian issue interesting. If it had come from someone else it might sound like historic revisionism, but from an Arabic Christian from Lebanon his words carry more weight than mine would.

Thunderian

Superstar
- TokiEl has stated clearly that these peoples existed before the Roman re-naming of the area, which is when he (it appears) contends the title of "Palestinian" originated. There have been discussions as to exactly what their name/identity was before the renaming effort, but there is no doubt historically or biblically that these people were there.
- The well-known history of Issac and Ishmael were recounted here as well.
- This bit of living history was posted by z gharib.....

elsbet

Superstar
I was just asking about the connection of name and peoples.
We have established that the Palestinian peoples have a historical footprint in the area. Weather one thinks the land is promised to the Jewish peoples by God almighty or if we choose a totally secular route, the fact remains that these people have long existed there. I was asking what were they called before the renaming of the area. TokiEl contends they existed there but were only referred to as "Palestinians" and "Palestine" after a Roman empire renaming effort. Encyclopedia Britannica gave credit to the Greeks for establishing these titles.

So its pretty well established that these peoples, by whatever title one chooses to apply to them, have existed in the area for a long, long time.
I meant this part, from your post:

I posted info regarding my contentions straight from Encyclopedia Britannia: "After being repulsed by the Egyptians, they settled—possibly with Egypt’s permission—on the coastal plain of Palestine from Joppa (modern Tel Aviv–Yafo) southward to Gaza. The area contained the five cities (the Pentapolis) of the Philistine confederacy...
___

That's an excerpt from Encyclopedia Brittanica's page on the Philistines.

Philistine
PEOPLE
WRITTEN BY:

Philistine, one of a people of Aegean origin who settled on the southern coast of Palestine in the 12th century BCE, about the time of the arrival of the Israelites....
___
Biblically speaking, that implies they are descended from the Watchers of Genesis 6. The halfbreeds, if you will.

bfisher10011

Rookie
  • 400 rockets fired from Gaza at Israeli civilians, building and vehicles, resulting in dozens of injuries and at least one death
  • IDF have targeted Hamas infrastructure, including communications centre
I doubt there is a war in Palestine. Palestine as other suggested is an open air prison or a shooting gallery. Some even suggest Mossad is behind attacks on Israel from Palestine or controlling/suggesting to/ provoking Hamas to attack Israel just so Israel can respond. The focus is to keep Palestinian under terror as a psyop, systematically expanding into Palestine and keeping Israel as a buyer of US arms which keeps the US Dollar going. Palestine is almost gone as a boogie man and will be within the next 30 years, so Israel will probably try demonizing one of their other neighbors as the next boogie man afterwards