Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Fostering understanding of different points of view

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lyfe

Star
John 15:18-25
18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. 21 But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin,[a] but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. 25 But the word that is written in their Law must be fulfilled: ‘They hated me without a cause.’

Lyfe

Star
People set themselves up for disappointment and grief when they build their worldview on anything other than the realities and truths conveyed in God's word. The gospel of the american dream and the gospel of Jesus Christ cannot both be true at the same time, yet many people have bought into the former and been dissapointed by it's results. The american dream promises everyone a life of abundance, peace, and prosperity. People very often become disappointed and depressed as a result when their reality doesn't line up with the expectation. Jesus told us that in this world we will have tribulation. He pointed out that the expectation in life should not acctually be one of abundance and prosperity, but rather one of unpredictability, unexpected tragedy, and TRIBULATION. We are told that TRIBULATION IS THE EXPECTATION. History bears witness to how dark, fallen, and unpredictable this world really is so I suppose this generation has become somewhat disillusioned by the specific time and place we are at in history. If you compare what we have now to past ages it is a blip and doesn't even come close to conveying the sufferings of humanity as the historical norm Jesus was accurate and right when he said our expectation should be suffering. If this is our expectation we can stop being so angry at God when he has actually gone to the trouble of properly arming us so we don't have to experience all of this struggle and disappointment that comes with false expectations. He has given us his armor, opened up a way for us to be with him and seek him through prayer, he has become a source of spiritual strength and a refuge if are are in him and been ransomed by his blood.

What's more is that if you have been adopted into Christ's kingdom as a true child of God and been enrolled as his ambassador then we are told not to necessarily expect earthly reward, but instead expect more and more pruning for our endeavors in the gospel. His word says that if we bear fruit then he will prune us to bear more fruit. What is pruning? It's when God takes a clippers and cuts out your pride and self righteous tendencies that keep you from being able to empathize with the lowly, he will deal with your hardheartedness, he will allow you to suffer and experience humiliation to humble you, he will put to death that which is within you until all that's left is the light and radiance of the spirit of Christ in its place. This is the expectation we are told to arm ourselves with. The sooner we come to accept this the quicker we can arm ourselves with the needed armor. God's armor. Let the same mind that was in Christ Jesus be in us.

If you have committed your soul to him and walk with God then expect the trial. Expect the tribulation. Expect the pruning. Endure hardness and learn to make God your refuge, know that he will sustain you by the power of his holy spirit! Call upon and draw near to him in the day of trouble and he will draw near to you. ❤

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. IN THE WORLD YE SHALL HAVE TRIBULATION: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

John 15:2
every branch that does bear fruit HE PRUNES, THAT IT MAY BEAR MORE FRUIT.

2 Timothy 2:3-4
English Standard Version
3 Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. 4 No soldier GETS ENTANGLED in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him.

Wigi

Veteran
Father, I pray that you create and teach us to manifest the fruits of the Spirit so we can fellowship. I know it is difficult to be united and I believe without your Holy Spirit, our flesh dominates our feelings and attitudes. If you want us to manifest your gifts, please teach us how to have an open heart toward those lacking our understanding. We do not want to be like those who talk about your love and never walk and manifest this love around us. Give us the supernatural will to pray for those who hurt us, I'd like that you take the lead and tell me when I have to talk and whether I have to remain silent and not answer. Lord, I know quarrels only lead us to sin, help us not to be obsessed with disputes lest we will be of no use for people around us. Under your guidance we can fight the good fight and rejoice your heart in Jesus name.

Amen

"If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness, he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself."
1 Timothy 6:3‭-‬5

Wigi

Veteran
We often say that history repeats itself and what hits me is how in the Bible, God always speaks to us so we could do what has to be done for our own good and you have those who listen but the majority who don't and think nothing wrong will happen to them despite the warning signs.

"He who feared the word of the Lord among the servants of Pharaoh made his servants and his livestock flee to the houses. But he who did not regard the word of the Lord left his servants and his livestock in the field."
Exodus 9:20‭-‬21

Even in Sodom, Lot's sons in law thought he was joking when he told everyone they had to leave the city of sins and sexual immorality

So Lot went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who had married his daughters, and said, “Get up, get out of this place; for the Lord will destroy this city!” But to his sons-in-law he seemed to be joking.
Genesis 19:14

When I compare these verses with what we see today I really believe there is nothing new under the sun.

Lyfe

Star
Jesus is the only sure anchor and source of security in the midst of lives storms. If you belong to him and are IN HIM you have nothing to fear in the day of trouble. You are NOT perishing when the waters become violent! God wants to renew our mind and have us abandon every false confidence. Money and hardship does not have the final say. The Heavenly Father does!

Hebrews 6:18-19
English Standard Version
18 it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. 19 We have this as A SURE AND STEADFAST ANCHOR OF THE SOUL, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain,

Mark 4:37-41
English Standard Version
37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves were breaking into the boat, so that the boat was already filling. 38 But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion. And they woke him and said to him, “TEACHER, DO YOU NOT CARE THAT WE ARE PERISHING?” 39 And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 40 He said to them, “Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?” 41 And they were filled with great fear and said to one another, “Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?”

Psalm 46:1-5
English Standard Version
God Is Our Fortress
To the choirmaster. Of the Sons of Korah. According to Alamoth.[a] A Song.
46 God is our refuge and strength,
A VERY PRESENT HELP IN TROUBLE.
2 THEREFORE WE WILL NOT FEAR though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
3 THOUGH ITS WATERS ROAR AND FOAM,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah
4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy habitation of the Most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; SHE SHALL NOT BE MOVED;
GOD WILL HELP HER when morning dawns.

Matthew 6:30
English Standard Version
30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Psalm 72:12-13
English Standard Version
12 For he delivers the needy when he calls,
the poor and him who has no helper.
13 He has pity on the weak and the needy,
and saves the lives of the needy.

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
If you are in Christ then you have no reason to fear or be intimidated by the threats of witches and their witchcraft powers. They are full of hatred for Christians, because of the dark powers controlling them. They know they have absolutely no power over a Christian who is filled by the spirit of God. They should be worried about you not the other way around!

1 Samuel 17:41-47
English Standard Version
41 And the Philistine moved forward and came near to David, with his shield-bearer in front of him. 42 And when the Philistine looked and saw David, he disdained him, for he was but a youth, ruddy and handsome in appearance. 43 And the Philistine said to David, “Am I a dog, that you come to me with sticks?” And the Philistine cursed David by his gods. 44 The Philistine said to David, “Come to me, and I will give your flesh to the birds of the air and to the beasts of the field.” 45 Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you down and cut off your head. And I will give the dead bodies of the host of the Philistines this day to the birds of the air and to the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel, 47 and that all this assembly may know that the Lord saves not with sword and spear. For the battle is the Lord's, and he will give you into our hand.”

Wigi

Veteran
If somebody is going through hard times, it’s good to remember that we can confide in the Father. God knows your need and He wants us to surrender all our negative thoughts. He passionately takes care of what makes you suffer as Himself felt in His flesh through Jesus-Christ, the sorrows and sadness we inevitably encounter in our lives. Today is a day I almost quitted my job but then I remembered the miraculous circumstances that led me to have this place so I figured I had to persevere and be resilient. A bad day is an opportunity to showcase the inner strength God wants to manifest in us and His grace is enough. When it’s difficult that’s when you know you’re heading to the right direction

in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18

“The blessing of the Lord makes one rich, And He adds no sorrow with it.”
Proverbs 10:22

We’re rich in hope and the Comforter sustains our walk. We don’t have to fight, only have to let the enemy realize its constant failures at trying to make us stumble as we keep praying and rejoicing in God no matter what.

Lyfe

Star
Isaiah 59:19 When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.

Isaiah 28:5-6 In that day the Lord of hosts will be a crown of glory, and a diadem of beauty, to the remnant of his people, and a spirit of justice to him who sits in judgment, and STRENGTH TO THOSE WHO TURN BACK THE BATTLE AT THE GATE.

Psalm 18:39 For thou hast girded me with STRENGTH UNTO THE BATTLE: thou hast subdued under me those that rose up against me.

1 Chronicles 5:20 And they were helped against them, and the Hagarites were delivered into their hand, and all that were with them: for THEY CRIED TO GOD IN THE BATTLE, and he was intreated of them; because they put their trust in him.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I just watched this interview and I was musing on what a decline the Bud Light brand had experienced…

And then saw the parallel -

The discussion hit on the importance of integrity as a “brand ambassador“, why it mattes… and suddenly I realised it wasn’t just about beer and market share - it was about us.

2 Corinthians 5 nkjv

16Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. 17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

20Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Lyfe

Star
Job 16:10-11
English Standard Version

10 Men have gaped at me with their mouth;
they have struck me insolently on the cheek;
they mass themselves together against me.
11 God gives me up to the ungodly
and casts me into the hands of the wicked.

JoChris

Superstar
Hey JoChris I AM IN AUSTRALIA!!! we are on holiday in Cairns, went snorkeling on Great Barrier Reef yesterday. The garden of our Air BnB has cockatoos and Ulysses butterflies.
I was a Cairns girl until I was a teenager, then my family moved to Townsville.
You picked the perfect time of year to visit far North Queensland.
Go to the Atherton Tablelands and visit all the rainforests for me! Easiest way is up via Kuranda.

llleopard

Established
Yes!!! Going on the sky rail and Kurunda today! We saw so many beautiful fish yesterday, and a turtle swam between us eee! Went to Green Island crocodile zoo as well. Gonna need to go home for a rest after all this holidaying. And BATS there are BATS in the garden!!!