• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lyfe

Star
View attachment 85362

peace

pēs
noun
  1. The absence of war or other hostilities.
  2. An agreement or a treaty to end hostilities.
  3. Freedom from quarrels and disagreement; harmonious relations.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

Therefore, the feeling of peace is only the result of what has happened through faith in Jesus. I think now when I was first saved the experience side of peace is the only thing I thought of.... and so when I lost the actual feeling of peace I believed I lost my salvation.
I remember a few years ago when I returned to The Lord after months of severe backsliding. I just remember having such an indescribable peace afterward. I'll never forget. It was so powerful and I kept worshipping and praising while driving to the grocery store. I kept shouting with joy!

Now, not so much. Lol... Now it's back to spiritual war! The peace and joy is still there it just requires more prayer than usual!

Lyfe

Star

Lyfe

Star
There are many saints who often fail to see their personal afflictions and tribulation as God's mercy. The Lord sets apart the godly for himself! Pain and suffering has a way of detaching us from this world and keeping us close to the soothing presence of God! It was King David who said that the NEARNESS of God was his good!

The wicked and those who oppose and renounce God are able to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin for a season, but like the world and all that has been defiled they will soon be destroyed in the fire to come! All the nations that forget the living God are turned into hell and it's by his love that his holy ones are KEPT and delivered from temptations and the pleasures of Egypt!

Lyfe

Star
God's word makes mention of there being lamps resembling the churches in revelation. I wonder if we appear as lamps to be filled as well?

Job 29:1-3
29 And Job again took up his discourse, and said:
2 “Oh, that I were as in the months of old,
as in the days when God watched over me,
3 when HIS LAMP SHONE UPON MY HEAD,
and by his light I walked through darkness,

John 5:35
John was THE LAMP THAT KEPT ON BURNING and shining [to show you the way], and you were willing for a while to rejoice in his light.

Proverbs 20:27
The spirit of man is THE LAMP OF THE LORD, searching all his innermost parts.

Matthew 25:1-4
25 “Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins WHO TOOK THEIR LAMPS[a] and went to meet the bridegroom.[b] 2 Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. 3 For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took FLASKS OF OIL WITH THEIR LAMPS.

Lyfe

Star
Ephesians 5:1-2
5 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Philippians 2:14-16
14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing, 15 that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast to the word of life,

Lyfe

Star
Colossians 2:11
New Living Translation

11 When you came to Christ, you were “circumcised,” but not by a physical procedure. Christ performed a spiritual circumcision—the cutting away of your sinful nature.[a]

Colossians 2:11
Amplified Bible

11 In Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, but by the [spiritual] circumcision of Christ in the stripping off of the body of the flesh [the sinful carnal nature],

Lyfe

Star
Philipians 3:3
Amplified Bible
for we [who are born-again have been reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, set apart for His purpose and] are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory and take pride and exult in Christ Jesus and place no confidence [in what we have or who we are] in the flesh—

2 Peter 1:4
New Living Translation
And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

Lyfe

Star
In scripture it says that God watches over his saints! If someone has received Christ and been adopted into his family as a son or daughter then God The Father takes note of that person! It has nothing to do with anything they have done whether good or bad, but it's simply, because God has set his love and favor on them. There are times in your walk with Christ where you become discouraged, but The Father will visit you when you least expect it to send encouragement. I was walking about earlier and came across this man who for some reason waved at me. He said that God has us etched on the palm of his hands. He doesn't forget HIS OWN!

Isaiah 49:14-16
English Standard Version
14 But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me;
my Lord has forgotten me.”

15 “Can a woman forget her nursing child,
that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget,
yet I WILL NOT FORGET YOU.
16 Behold, I HAVE ENGRAVED YOU ON THE PALMS OF MY HANDS;
your walls are continually before me.

Proverbs 2:8
English Standard Version
guarding the paths of justice and WATCHING OVER THE WAY OF HIS SAINTS.

Nahum 1:7
English Standard Version

The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; HE KNOWS THOSE WHO TAKE REFUGE IN HIM.

Lyfe

Star
Psalm 68:5-6
English Standard Version
5 Father of the fatherless and protector of widows
is God in his holy habitation.
6 God settles the solitary in a home;
he leads out the prisoners to prosperity,
but the rebellious dwell in a parched land.

Psalm 10:17
English Standard Version
17 O Lord, you hear the desire of the afflicted;
you will strengthen their heart; you will incline your ear

...In you the orphan finds mercy. Hosea 14:3

...he does not forget the cry of the afflicted. Psalm 9:12

...to you the helpless commits himself;
you have been the helper of the fatherless. Psalm 10:14

Lyfe

Star
The proud and self righteous think that they have merit to acctually stand before the living God. Some days I feel as if my eyes are too unrighteous to even look upon God's word!

Lyfe

Star
The world is crumbling before our eyes. There comes a point where it all just falls apart which is why we must learn to lean on God who is the unshakable, unmovable rock and source of life and continual restoration. If we are not going in his direction and try and do things our own way it will only continue to spiral out of control. God is always warning HIS people to not to go down to Egypt! He tells us to not rely on Egypt for it's worthless help and hollow sufficiency!

Antidepressants are being prescribed at an all time high, fatherless homes, fentanyl is now the leading cause of death for young to middle aged adults. We have come to a point where it just simply will not get better and correct itself! The only hope is in turning to The Father and abiding in him and being found in him. ❤

Isaiah 24:4-13
English Standard Version
4 The earth mourns and withers;
the world languishes and withers;

the highest people of the earth languish.
5 The earth lies defiled
under its inhabitants;
for they have transgressed the laws,
violated the statutes,
broken the everlasting covenant.
6 Therefore a curse devours the earth,
and its inhabitants suffer for their guilt;
therefore the inhabitants of the earth are scorched,
and few men are left.
7 The wine mourns,
the vine languishes,
all the merry-hearted sigh.
8 The mirth of the tambourines is stilled,
the noise of the jubilant has ceased,
the mirth of the lyre is stilled.
9 No more do they drink wine with singing;
strong drink is bitter to those who drink it.
10 The wasted city is broken down;
every house is shut up so that none can enter.
11 There is an outcry in the streets for lack of wine;
all joy has grown dark;
the gladness of the earth is banished.
12 Desolation is left in the city;
the gates are battered into ruins.
13 For thus it shall be in the midst of the earth
among the nations,
as when an olive tree is beaten,
as at the gleaning when the grape harvest is done.

The hedge has been broken and the enemy continues to flood in and devour souls! The gates have been battered into ruins! He is the only refuge in the evil day!

Lyfe

Star
Christ revealed The Father. I think we should know God through his word so well that we too are also able to reveal The Father to whom he sends!

JoChris

Superstar
When I go into my backyard garden I often think of passages in the bible, especially the Parable of the Sower. Matthew 13:1-22

I suppose for most of you Spring has started properly now. I do not have snow or frost ever in my climate but I have severe issues with the heat instead.
I wish Jesus had said something about the insects and multiple other diseases that come to attack the seed. I always think I would love to give Adam and Eve a mighty telling off for all the garden issues we have in this fallen world!

Lyfe

Star
When I go into my backyard garden I often think of passages in the bible, especially the Parable of the Sower. Matthew 13:1-22

I suppose for most of you Spring has started properly now. I do not have snow or frost ever in my climate but I have severe issues with the heat instead.
I wish Jesus had said something about the insects and multiple other diseases that come to attack the seed. I always think I would love to give Adam and Eve a mighty telling off for all the garden issues we have in this fallen world!
I didn't realize you were from Australia until you mentioned it. I had always wanted to visit there and see a kangaroo until y'all got real serious about the vaxxasination!

N e ways Australia is still a beautiful land brought about by God. Not even the wicked in power can alter that! ❤

Lyfe

Star
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; Luke 18:1

Exodus 17:10-11
English Standard Version
10 So Joshua did as Moses told him, and fought with Amalek, while Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill. 11 Whenever Moses held up his hand, Israel prevailed, and whenever he lowered his hand, Amalek prevailed.

I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. 1 Timothy 2:8

James 5:16-18
English Standard Version

16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.[a] 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. 18 Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit.

Lyfe

Star
Thank you Father for another "God" morning. I pray that you would nourish and sustain your holy ones on the thread! May theu have freedom and liberty in the spirit of Christ, may your face shine upon them and bring their hearts gladness, may you comfort and sustain them, may you empower them! We ask that you would breathe life into their soul! May they find refreshing and quiet from your NEARness! May their lamps BE FILLED with fresh oil and may their light shine in the darkness! May they find life and renewal in YOUR NEARNESS as your word promises! In Jesus name! ❤

But as for me, THE NEARNESS of God is my good; Psalm 73:28

Draw NEAR to God, and HE WILL DRAW NEAR to you. James 4;8

For thus said the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, “In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.” Isaiah 30:15

times of REFRESHING may COME FROM THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD Acts 3:20

For you make him most blessed forever; YOU MAKE HIM GLAD WITH THE JOY OF YOUR PRESENCE. Psalm 21:16

Lyfe

Star
The Father always visits the wandering and wayward! He remembers his covenant. He remembers his own, because they are a part of HIM and he CANNOT deny himself! He will not suffer his faithfulness to fail!

......my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, NOR SUFFER MY FAITHFULNESS TO FAIL. Psalm 89:33