• Sharing helpful teaching

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Fostering understanding of different points of view

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoChris

Superstar
Since I got rebutted again by a certain individual I had multiple interactions in the past, I have felt it is time:
1. to obey Jesus' own words:

1667427736479.png

2. Follow advice of one online pastor - and leave the direct spiritual battle via personal evangelism to MEN. That sounds extremely old-fashioned at first, but I have come around to the idea the more I thought about it. e.g. Despite how direct I seem online, I do get very annoyed by personal abuse.

3. Start a thread that shows what the bible directly says about false teachers and then lay out over time a certain case study, comparing what bible says to what the false teacher said.

I am unwilling to argue directly with him any more, so Red Sky et. al, please do the personal interaction side when you believe you are led to by God.

JoChris

Superstar
Well I started it: https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/bible-verses-contrasted-with-false-teacher-s-doctrines.10516/

Christian lurkers as well as group here, I want you to contribute in your own style. If it happens, online forum conversation with non-Christians obviously isn't my strength. We are part of the Body of Christ, I certainly do not know everything either!!!!

New Christians, you may know way more than you realise. If you have the Holy Spirit, you have something to offer. Use Biblegateway website to search for keywords. If you don't use the KJV [I realise the vocabulary is challenging at times] , please research which bibles are either literal translations or put together by qualified translators' teams. Paraphrases are at best very weak [some are not far off cults' deliberate mistranslations].

Wigi

Veteran
Some thoughts I wrote somewhere but I feel like writting again in here.

I can't speak for everyone but prayer to me was the thing I wanted to avoid by all means necessary. I always had time for entertainement, Youtube, sports.. and all kind of sin to be honest with you but I never could dedicate 10min. for prayer.

God now is teaching me it is the most important moment of the day. The enemy knows it and will do everything he can so you never ever take this time to drink the fresh water that comes from this fellowship with God.

Building a house of prayer in our personal lives seems like the most difficult task ever at times yet that's definitely what Jesus want for us as Himself repeatedly climbed the mountain to pray.
I won't speak more than I should and simply link you an article that spoke to me and got me thinking all day

JoChris

Superstar
Summer feels like it has come early here in a subtropical part of Queensland. I expect the vast majority of forum visitors are facing Winter instead. IMO Mango madness is almost as bad as Seasonal Affective Disorder, so people who feel low during winter have my sympathy!

1668501977706.png

Where it comes to other personal difficulties and worries: I have to remember that they too will pass.

Lyfe

Star
Psalm 65:3-4

When iniquities prevail against me,
you atone for our transgressions.

""" BLESSED is the one you choose and bring near, """

to dwell in your courts!
We shall be satisfied with the goodness of your house,
the holiness of your temple!

JoChris

Superstar
I have relatives arriving today so we can scatter my Dad's ashes together on Monday. It is a difficult time period, I wish I was able to see them all under happier circumstances. People who live close to relatives should appreciate what they have in everyday life.

I know God is always with me though, I need to treasure that a lot more. I take Him for granted, just like many people take their close ones for granted until they are gone.

Lyfe

Star
I have relatives arriving today so we can scatter my Dad's ashes together on Monday. It is a difficult time period, I wish I was able to see them all under happier circumstances. People who live close to relatives should appreciate what they have in everyday life.

I know God is always with me though, I need to treasure that a lot more. I take Him for granted, just like many people take their close ones for granted until they are gone.

Psalm 34:18

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
and saves the crushed in spirit.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
A good passage for Hanukkah

John 10 nkjv

The Shepherd Knows His Sheep
22 Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon’s porch. 24 Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, “How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26 Butyou do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.30 I and My Father are one.”

The words are echoed in an old song my parents had on an album..,

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Hosea 4:1

...there is no knowledge of God in the land. Powerful.
Matthew 13 v15

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

e-Enoch

Superstar
1 Peter 2:7-8
New International Version

Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,
“The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone,”
and,
“A stone that causes people to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall.”

They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.