• Sharing helpful teaching

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Fostering understanding of different points of view

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoChris

Superstar
Yes!!! Going on the sky rail and Kurunda today! We saw so many beautiful fish yesterday, and a turtle swam between us eee! Went to Green Island crocodile zoo as well. Gonna need to go home for a rest after all this holidaying. And BATS there are BATS in the garden!!!
Flying foxes? Do you have a car cover available?
Their excrement damages car paint.
The Tablelands are surprisingly cool this time of year, you might want a light cardigan in a backpack if you go into the rainforests.

Lyfe

Star
Psalm 72:12-13
English Standard Version
12 For he delivers the needy when he calls,
the poor and him who has no helper.
13 He has pity on the weak and the needy,
and saves the lives of the needy.

Psalm 10:14
English Standard Version
14 But you do see, for you note mischief and vexation,
that you may take it into your hands;
to you the helpless commits himself;
you have been the helper of the fatherless.

Psalm 9:9-10
English Standard Version
9 The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.
10 And those who know your name put their trust in you,
for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.

Psalm 9:12
he does not forget the cry of the afflicted.

Psalm 34:18
English Standard Version
18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
and saves the crushed in spirit.

John 6:37
English Standard Version
37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

Luke 4:16-21
English Standard Version
Jesus Rejected at Nazareth
16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up. And as was his custom, he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and he stood up to read. 17 And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written,

18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives
and recovering of sight to the blind,
to set at liberty those who are oppressed,
19 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.”

20 And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. 21 And he began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”

Matthew 11:28-29
English Standard Version
28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Lyfe

Star
1 Corinthians 1:21-25
English Standard Version
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach[a] to save those who believe. 22 For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1 Corinthians 1:27-31
English Standard Version
27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; 28 God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, 29 so that no human being[a] might boast in the presence of God. 30 And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31 so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

James 4:6
God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Amazing (but suppressed) early external historical confirmation from the Dead Sea scrolls for the death of Jesus. This was recorded by the Essenes perhaps 50AD and sets out a version of events that strongly corroborated the Biblical account. I.E. an eye witness period attestation to the recorded gospels. What a blessing!

Lyfe

Star
1 Timothy 1:15
New Living Translation
15 This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all.

John 3:17
English Standard Version
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Matthew 7:13-14
English Standard Version
13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a] that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

John 10:9
English Standard Version
9 I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.

2 Corinthians 5:19-21
English Standard Version
19 that is, in Christ God was reconciling[a] the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. 20 Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. 21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Lyfe

Star
...earlier in prayer I was seeking God and as I was flipping through his word I felt as if he brought me to the following passage(in Haggai). I believe he was trying to speak to me about the condition of his church and how it's languishing in so many different areas, because of the prioritization and worldly focus of his people.

IMG_20230528_160133328~3.jpg

I think the reason that so many of God's children go through life feeling like there is a spiritual vacuum within their soul (despite all their strivings and acquistions toward material gain) is, because they seek to increase in the things of this world and not in the things of God.

In Christ God has called us to endeavor in the work of his house, but rather we disregard what it means to be his ambassador and instead prioritize prosperity and increasing in material gain. All the meanwhile the breaches within the body of Christ become more and more obvious by the day. God had reprimanded his people for prioritizing their own houses while his had laid in ruins.

I really believe Christ is calling us back to the mission of the gospel and back to our first love. We must remember to not fall in love with this world and the things of this world, because it will only ever bring us away from God and the calling he has for us. We are acctually chosen to belong to Christ and not to be wedded to this world. We as a unit, a spiritual envoy(meant to bring healing and the knowledge of God to the nations) can only be innefectual so long as we allow ourselves to be yoked to the world. We quench the holy spirit and become spiritually weak, unable to do what he has purposed us to in Christ. The strength and ability of the Christian rests in God and being set apart from this world.

Ezra 9:12
English Standard Version

12 Therefore do not give your daughters to their sons, neither take their daughters for your sons, and never seek their peace or prosperity, that you may be strong

Lyfe

Star
Daniel 7:13-14
King James Version

13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Lyfe

Star
How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman? Job 25:4

Lyfe

Star
"Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity"

Lyfe

Star
Zechariah 9:11-12
English Standard Version

11 As for you also, because of the blood of my covenant with you,
I will set your prisoners free from the waterless pit.
12 Return to your stronghold, O prisoners of hope;

Lyfe

Star
Psalm 4:8
English Standard Version

8 In peace I will both lie down and sleep;
for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Lyfe

Star
“Jesus loved you when you lived carelessly, when you neglected his Word, when the knee was unbent in prayer. Ah! He loved some of you when you were in the dancing saloon, when you were in the playhouse, ay, even when you were in the brothel. He loved you when you were at hell’s gate, and drank damnation at every draught. He loved you when you could not have been worse or further from him than you were. Marvelous, O Christ, is thy strange love!”

(Spurgeon)