• Poll closed .

Lyfe

Star
Psalm 73:23-28
English Standard Version

23 Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
you hold my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength[a] of my heart and my portion forever.
27 For behold, those who are far from you shall perish;
you put an end to everyone who is unfaithful to you.
28 But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord God my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Lyfe

Star
There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job, and that man was blameless and upright, one who feared God and turned away from evil. Job 1:1

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I’m not an American and I don’t get a vote there, but I have to say - “brave man”

p.s. I don’t read The Guardian (the UK’s equivalent of the Washington Post) but I find it startling how a resistance to the left agenda is now branded as “conspiratorial” and “far right”. I listened to what Tucker had to say and I agreed with him! I guess I must be “deplorable” too!!!

JoChris

Superstar
p.s. I don’t read The Guardian (the UK’s equivalent of the Washington Post) but I find it startling how a resistance to the left agenda is now branded as “conspiratorial” and “far right”. I listened to what Tucker had to say and I agreed with him! I guess I must be “deplorable” too!!!

I am a Nazi and a racist in many ways according to the Left too. :rolleyes:
No, I just don't deny reality and I expect that people who are able to help themselves (there are some who will always genuinely need help!) to take responsibility for their own actions and decisions.

Lyfe

Star
And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, Mark 3:5

Afterward he appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at table, and he rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, Mark 16:14

Lyfe

Star
Hosea 6:1-3
English Standard Version
Israel and Judah Are Unrepentant
6 “Come, let us return to the Lord;
for he has torn us, that he may heal us;
he has struck us down, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will raise us up,
that we may live before him.
3 Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord;
his going out is sure as the dawn;
he will come to us as the showers,
as the spring rains that water the earth.”

Job 5:17-18
English Standard Version
17 “Behold, blessed is the one whom God reproves;
therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty.
18 For he wounds, but he binds up;
he shatters, but his hands heal.

Isaiah 30:26
English Standard Version
26 Moreover, the light of the moon will be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun will be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day when the Lord binds up the brokenness of his people, and heals the wounds inflicted by his blow.

Lyfe

Star
Psalm 66:16-20
English Standard Version

16 Come and hear, all you who fear God,
and I will tell what he has done for my soul.
17 I cried to him with my mouth,
and high praise was on[a] my tongue.[b]
18 If I had cherished iniquity in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened.
19 But truly God has listened;
he has attended to the voice of my prayer.
20 Blessed be God,
because he has not rejected my prayer
or removed his steadfast love from me!

Psalm 16:10
English Standard Version

10 For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,
or let your holy one see corruption.[a]

Lyfe

Star
The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry. Psalm 34:15
They go from strength to strength; EACH ONE APPEARS BEFORE GOD IN ZION. Psalm 84:7
For the righteous will never be moved; HE WILL BE REMEMBERED FOREVER. He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:6-7

Lyfe

Star
In scripture it says that Jesus was a man of sorrows. I think what agonized his heart the most was just the extent of how broken and damaged his own creation became. He knew and saw from heaven all the horrific consequence of sin and how many lives were being destroyed because of it. He knew that the vast majority of people would mock him and reject him and embrace the prince of darkness all the way into the pit of destruction.

Genesis 6:5-6
English Standard Version
5 The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart WAS ONLY EVIL CONTINUALLY. 6 And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and IT GRIEVED HIM TO HIS HEART.

John 3:19
English Standard Version
19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and PEOPLE LOVED THE DARKNESS rather than the light because their works were evil.

John 2:23-25
English Standard Version
Jesus Knows What Is in Man
23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Feast, many believed in his name when they saw the signs that he was doing. 24 But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because HE KNEW ALL PEOPLE 25 and needed no one to bear witness about man, for HE HIMSELF KNEW WHAT WAS IN MAN.

Mark 7:21-23
English Standard Version
21 For FROM WITHIN, OUT OF THE HEART of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

Jeremiah 17:9
King James Version
9 THE HEART is deceitful above all things, and DESPERATELY WICKED: who can know it?

Lyfe

Star
If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things? John 3:12

He who comes from above is above all. He who is of the earth belongs to the earth and speaks in an earthly way. He who comes from heaven is above all. 32 He bears witness to what he has seen and heard, yet no one receives his testimony John 3:31-32

But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means. 1 Corinthians 2:14

Lyfe

Star
Psalm 73:1-9

73 Truly God is good to Israel,
to those who are pure in heart.
2 But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled,
my steps had nearly slipped.
3 For I was envious of the arrogant
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 For they have no pangs until death;
their bodies are fat and sleek.
5 They are not in trouble as others are;
they are not stricken like the rest of mankind.
6 Therefore pride is their necklace;
violence covers them as a garment.
7 Their eyes swell out through fatness;
their hearts overflow with follies.
8 They scoff and speak with malice;
loftily they threaten oppression.
9 They set their mouths against the heavens,
and their tongue struts through the earth.

Lyfe

Star
"""Christianity is commonly presented today on the basis of what you will gain by following Jesus: personal success and happiness, a stronger family, a more secure life. These things may be true to some degree, but we must never market the gospel as a product that will fix every life problem.

When the gospel is marketed this way, it makes followers of Jesus who are completely unprepared for tough times. After all, if the “Jesus product” isn’t working, why not try another brand? Also, this sales approach takes the focus off Jesus Himself, and puts the focus on what He will give us. Many have their hearts set on the blessings, not the One who blesses us.

While not ignoring the blessings of following Jesus Christ, we must proclaim the need to follow Jesus because He is God, and we owe Him everything as our Creator. What is right before God, and what glorifies Him, is more important than whatever benefit we may gain.""" - Brother in Christ