• Sharing helpful teaching

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Fostering understanding of different points of view

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lyfe

Star
I sort of have mixed feelings about today, because for so many it's the one day of the year people will remember Christ and what he did.

Honestly everyday should be lived unto The Lord. Everyday his sacrifice should be acknowledged and spoken of. The fact that he is risen isnt meant to be confined to one day. It's a part of the gospel and salvation which is supposed to be told year round.

Today wasn't really all that different for me than any other day, because when you are carrying your cross and led by the spirit it's all about Jesus everyday anyways...

He is the passover lamb and the fulfillment of the passover. His triumph over death should be remembered and proclaimed daily! ❤

Dalit

Star
I sort of have mixed feelings about today, because for so many it's the one day of the year people will remember Christ and what he did.

Honestly everyday should be lived unto The Lord. Everyday his sacrifice should be acknowledged and spoken of. The fact that he is risen isnt meant to be confined to one day. It's a part of the gospel and salvation which is supposed to be told year round.

Today wasn't really all that different for me than any other day, because when you are carrying your cross and led by the spirit it's all about Jesus everyday anyways...

He is the passover lamb and the fulfillment of the passover. His triumph over death should be remembered and proclaimed daily! ❤
I agree. It is kind of nice to see all the special music this time of year, yet as a committed church member, where else would I be? I look forward to old age and retirement, if that will still exist in the future, not so much for retirement for I want to work there for God's kingdom. Could go on some missions trips, etc. Could be the librarian.

Psalm 16:8 (ESV)
I have set the LORD always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.

Lyfe

Star
It says Paul was often near death and look at all the grace of God enabled him to do in his weakness. The greatest moves of God are accomplished through afflicted, weakened, and destitute vessels. He is near the brokenhearted and nourishes the hungry soul with good things!

Lyfe

Star
You can see the spirit of antichrist is really beginning to manifest through government and media.

Daniel 11:32-35

English Standard Version

32 He shall seduce with flattery those who violate the covenant, but the people who know their God shall stand firm and take action. 33 And the wise among the people shall make many understand, though for some days they shall stumble by sword and flame, by captivity and plunder. 34 When they stumble, they shall receive a little help. And many shall join themselves to them with flattery, 35 and some of the wise shall stumble, so that they may be refined, purified, and made white, until the time of the end, for it still awaits the appointed time.

Lyfe

Star
Romans 15:16

English Standard Version

16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles in the priestly service of the gospel of God, so that the offering of the Gentiles may be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Lyfe

Star
Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame. 1 Corinthians 15:34

Lyfe

Star
Hebrews 10:36-39

English Standard Version

36 For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. 37 For,
“Yet a little while,
and the coming one will come and will not delay;
38 but my righteous one shall live by faith,
and if he shrinks back,
my soul has no pleasure in him.”
39 But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.

Lyfe

Star
Psalm 25:9-10

King James Version

9 The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

Lyfe

Star
John 3:31-35

English Standard Version

31 He who comes from above is above all. He who is of the earth belongs to the earth and speaks in an earthly way. He who comes from heaven is above all. 32 He bears witness to what he has seen and heard, yet no one receives his testimony. 33 Whoever receives his testimony sets his seal to this, that God is true. 34 For he whom God has sent utters the words of God, for he gives the Spirit without measure. 35 The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand.

Lyfe

Star
Psalm 32:6-7
English Standard Version

6 Therefore let everyone who is godly
offer prayer to you at a time when you may be found;
surely in the rush of great waters,
they shall not reach him.
7 You are a hiding place for me;
you preserve me from trouble;
you surround me with shouts of deliverance. Selah

Psalm 66:20
English Standard Version

20 Blessed be God,
because he has not rejected my prayer
or removed his steadfast love from me!

Lyfe

Star
Psalm 40:1-3
English Standard Version
My Help and My Deliverer
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.

40 I waited patiently for the Lord;
he inclined to me and heard my cry.
2 He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
making my steps secure.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
and put their trust in the Lord.

Lyfe

Star
We should seek to always be near God!

Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually! Psalm 105:4

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which DEPARTED NOT FROM THE TEMPLE, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day. Luke 2:37

Lyfe

Star
He UPHOLDS. He SUSTAINS. He PRESERVES. He NOURISHES. He RENEWS. If you do a word search these terms are all over the scriptures! Thank you Jesus for your spirit and that you are always there to fill our lamp with fresh oil!