• Sharing helpful teaching

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Fostering understanding of different points of view

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoChris

Superstar
I didn't realize you were from Australia until you mentioned it. I had always wanted to visit there and see a kangaroo until y'all got real serious about the vaxxasination!

N e ways Australia is still a beautiful land brought about by God. Not even the wicked in power can alter that! ❤
Like every country Australia has its advantages and disadvantages. For us the distance in between cities is unimaginable for most foreigners. Once my husband had to jumpstart the car of stranded foreigners in the outback who hadn't carried water in the car (the engine overheated and they were stranded). It isn't people who are the danger here, it is nature to the unprepared. Once people are outside of towns there isn't any help available unless a truckie passes by.

It is easy for foreigners to see how extreme our response to COVID was, but something I think you don't realise is how few hospitals we have outside of cities that are up to providing critical care, at least for more than a few cases at a time.
There are hundreds of kilometres in between hospitals. Many tiny towns don't have maternity care, let alone critical care!
My regional town sends serious cases to the city over 100 kms away immediately. They just don't have enough beds.
The fear at the time was If COVID got outside of big cities, remote communities would not have just struggled, they would have been wiped out.

My state of Queensland cut us off from the southern states for a long time because of that. Western Australia has even worse issues because of remoteness and so they cut themselves off from the world for the longest.

Lyfe

Star
Like every country Australia has its advantages and disadvantages. For us the distance in between cities is unimaginable for most foreigners. Once my husband had to jumpstart the car of stranded foreigners in the outback who hadn't carried water in the car (the engine overheated and they were stranded). It isn't people who are the danger here, it is nature to the unprepared. Once people are outside of towns there isn't any help available unless a truckie passes by.

It is easy for foreigners to see how extreme our response to COVID was, but something I think you don't realise is how few hospitals we have outside of cities that are up to providing critical care, at least for more than a few cases at a time.
There are hundreds of kilometres in between hospitals. Many tiny towns don't have maternity care, let alone critical care!
My regional town sends serious cases to the city over 100 kms away immediately. They just don't have enough beds.
The fear at the time was If COVID got outside of big cities, remote communities would not have just struggled, they would have been wiped out.

My state of Queensland cut us off from the southern states for a long time because of that. Western Australia has even worse issues because of remoteness and so they cut themselves off from the world for the longest.
Interesting. I suppose I never considered that. The outback seems like a pretty unforgiving place to get stranded. Did you guys get the lethal batch of vaccines and is the media covering up the deaths over there?

JoChris

Superstar
Interesting. I suppose I never considered that. The outback seems like a pretty unforgiving place to get stranded. Did you guys get the lethal batch of vaccines and is the media covering up the deaths over there?
I think the side effect cases are being covered up for sure. It is very hard to say to what extent though - mainstream media is very pro-immunisation as well as every other PC viewpoint out there.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
One of my favourite scenes from “Luther”

Puts me in mind of Isaiah 14

12“How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
13For you have said in your heart:
‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’
15Yet you shall be brought down to Sheol,
To the lowest depths of the Pit.
16“Those who see you will gaze at you,
And consider you, saying:
‘Is this the man who made the earth tremble,
Who shook kingdoms,
17Who made the world as a wilderness
And destroyed its cities,
Who did not open the house of his prisoners?’

Lyfe

Star
Job 5:13-19

English Standard Version

13 He catches the wise in their own craftiness,
and the schemes of the wily are brought to a quick end.
14 They meet with darkness in the daytime
and grope at noonday as in the night.
15 But he saves the needy from the sword of their mouth
and from the hand of the mighty.
16 So the poor have hope,
and injustice shuts her mouth.
17 “Behold, blessed is the one whom God reproves;
therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty.
18 For he wounds, but he binds up;
he shatters, but his hands heal.
19 He will deliver you from six troubles;
in seven no evil[a] shall touch you.

Lyfe

Star
Jonah 2:1-7
English Standard Version
Jonah's Prayer
2 Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the belly of the fish, 2 saying,

“I called out to the Lord, out of my distress,
and he answered me;
out of the belly of Sheol I cried,
and you heard my voice.
3 For you cast me into the deep,
into the heart of the seas,
and the flood surrounded me;
all your waves and your billows
passed over me.
4 Then I said, ‘I am driven away
from your sight;
yet I shall again look
upon your holy temple.’
5 The waters closed in over me to take my life;
the deep surrounded me;
weeds were wrapped about my head
6 at the roots of the mountains.
I went down to the land
whose bars closed upon me forever;
yet you brought up my life from the pit,
O Lord my God.
7 When my life was fainting away,
I remembered the Lord,
and my prayer came to you,
into your holy temple.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
From https://t.me/beholdisraelchannel

Almost nothing in our world today is making sense. The bad guys get away with their bad deeds while the good guys are being accused as the bad ones. We are watching countries torn with political chaos and social madness. Governments who urged people a minute ago to trust science are rebuking those who do so when it comes to gender and sexuality.

We are watching countries who invaded others being accepted rather than condemned. We must accept the sad reality that our human history has entered into a new phase of strong delusion. What once was the portion of mostly marginal groups is now becoming the standard of hundreds of millions around the world. Basic things such as friendships, family relationships and Christian values will be exchanged with violence, personal attacks and ridiculing.

And yet, why am I still encouraged ? This reality makes us the believers understand that this world is not our place and makes us eagerly waiting for Him to come and take us to our real home!

“For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,”

(Philippians 3:20)

e-Enoch

Superstar
From https://t.me/beholdisraelchannel

Almost nothing in our world today is making sense. The bad guys get away with their bad deeds while the good guys are being accused as the bad ones. We are watching countries torn with political chaos and social madness. Governments who urged people a minute ago to trust science are rebuking those who do so when it comes to gender and sexuality.

We are watching countries who invaded others being accepted rather than condemned. We must accept the sad reality that our human history has entered into a new phase of strong delusion. What once was the portion of mostly marginal groups is now becoming the standard of hundreds of millions around the world. Basic things such as friendships, family relationships and Christian values will be exchanged with violence, personal attacks and ridiculing.

And yet, why am I still encouraged ? This reality makes us the believers understand that this world is not our place and makes us eagerly waiting for Him to come and take us to our real home!

“For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,”

(Philippians 3:20)
Revelation 22:20

“He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”

King James Version (KJV)