VC, What Happened?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Last I knew it was!
Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Red or JoChris,
What was removed exactly? Your viewpoints countering another's? Is that other viewpoint remaining? I am wondering also. :)
The only post I noticed disappear was one expressing weariness with the continued repetitive postings of a recent gnostic contributor...

JoChris

Superstar
Last I knew it was!
Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Red or JoChris,
What was removed exactly? Your viewpoints countering another's? Is that other viewpoint remaining? I am wondering also. :)
I can't remember that much of it now since it was several days ago, only one (?) response of mine was removed during my exchange with GBC. I just rolled my eyes honestly and decided to shrug my shoulders. It isn't my forum after all.

Lady

Star
The only post I noticed disappear was one expressing weariness with the continued repetitive postings of a recent contributor...
No personal insults contained therein or ad hominem attacks? (Like that has not gone unnoticed before!)
Just a dressing-down should not warrant a deletion by VC.
Man, if that's the case, tons of posts would be gone on a regular basis.

Haich

Superstar
I read the same thing - the only thing that got me wondering is why the emphasis is on the darkness and the elaborate nature of the occult, and not on the light of the Gospel. I am a Christian and whilst I know my Emerald Tablet from my Metatron's Cube, I find evil so unbearably dull, I can barely bring myself to find out more about it!!!

Light > Darkness.
Maybe it's the Christian thing to do, to warn others about the evils of the industry and systems that govern us.

I mean he's not trying to convert people so the Gospel won't be a theme in his work.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I won't say anything more now. Despite being on this forum, I really don't care all that much about conspiracy theories!!!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Maybe it's the Christian thing to do, to warn others about the evils of the industry and systems that govern us.

I mean he's not trying to convert people so the Gospel won't be a theme in his work.
Perhaps? Not sure. I couldn't help wonder why certain perfectly reasonable posts were removed. Perhaps I am more of a conspiracy theorist than I thought...

Haich

Superstar
Perhaps? Not sure. I couldn't help wonder why certain perfectly reasonable posts were removed. Perhaps I am more of a conspiracy theorist than I thought...
I think you are!

Well I can't really form an opinion as unfortunately, I'm unaware of the exact posts that were deleted.

VigilantCitizen

Administrator
The only posts that get deleted are from members who are banned and come back with sock accounts. I did not have to do this recently. Also, the forums were moved to a new server yesterday so there might have been some lost posts during the transfer. That's about it.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The only posts that get deleted are from members who are banned and come back with sock accounts. I did not have to do this recently. Also, the forums were moved to a new server yesterday so there might have been some lost posts during the transfer. That's about it.
Would that mean that you would take a copy of the data, port it to the new server than any information added after this point on the old server would be then be lost in the switch over?

The joys of administering a conspiracy forum ;-)

VigilantCitizen

Administrator
Would that mean that you would take a copy of the data, port it to the new server than any information added after this point on the old server would be then be lost in the switch over?

The joys of administering a conspiracy forum ;-)
There's a small period of time between the final sync of the two servers and the propagation of the new DNS to users around the world that might lead some members to access the forums on the old server.

Lady

Star
VC,
Would you mind giving the forum members advance notice when you plan on moving data around? Many times we lose valuable info and links that we have not had time to back up.
Just a half-day to a day notice for a planned shut down would be sufficient.
It would be appreciated by more than just myself, I know!

Thanks!

Devine

Star
@VigilantCitizen Firstly thanks so much for replying about this. I am just wondering, why are there already posts missing from this thread that started today? i'm confused :)

Lady

Star
@VigilantCitizen Firstly thanks so much for replying about this. I am just wondering, why are there already posts missing from this thread that started today? i'm confused :)
Oh no! Here we go again! What did you notice, dear? I just looked back and saw all the times of the posts sync up for the most part.
Was it deleted from your profile posts?

Devine

Star
Oh no! Here we go again! What did you notice, dear? I just looked back and saw all the times of the posts sync up for the most part.
Was it deleted from your profile posts?
well if you look above, the post before meccas and after truth seekers, are missing?