USA - BASE NATION

Hon33

Veteran
Yeah and all despite millions of British marching in the streets against it. Really shows how much so-called "representative democracy" ("plutocrat-representative-propagandocracy") actually cares about the opinions of the people.
Yes, well Blair’s loyalties lay with Bush rather than his own his people. It did him no favours in the end.

Stucky

Star
I think if you have a problem with Albright you should talk to her..or Clinton.

Still not a shred of sympathy, sorrow, grace or mercy for the Iraqi children killed, born deformed or stillborn...are you sure you're an anti abortionist?
I just know how muslims love propaganda..

lol and this from someone whose country gave us private first class jessica lynch and how, like some kind of real life Rambolina, she fought the Iraqi hordes down to her last bullet before being overcome, shot, stabbed and raped and who could forget the heroic operation to rescue her..what if she became pregnant after all that raping do you think she should have had the child or aborted it?. Then there's hollywood where America is the worlds saviour finding cures and vaccines but in reality your president advises people to drink disinfectant. Then there's the greatest piece of propaganda in human history....The Moon landings. We also have Saddam's WMDs. Then there's the modern classic of 'everyone hates us because of our freedoms' while at the same time telling anyone within earshot that everyone wants to come to America...The list is endless....YOU LIVE IN THE LAND OF PROPAGANDA

Lisa

Superstar
Still not a shred of sympathy, sorrow, grace or mercy for the Iraqi children killed, born deformed or stillborn...are you sure you're an anti abortionist?

lol and this from someone whose country gave us private first class jessica lynch and how, like some kind of real life Rambolina, she fought the Iraqi hordes down to her last bullet before being overcome, shot, stabbed and raped and who could forget the heroic operation to rescue her..what if she became pregnant after all that raping do you think she should have had the child or aborted it?. Then there's hollywood where America is the worlds saviour finding cures and vaccines but in reality your president advises people to drink disinfectant. Then there's the greatest piece of propaganda in human history....The Moon landings. We also have Saddam's WMDs. Then there's the modern classic of 'everyone hates us because of our freedoms' while at the same time telling anyone within earshot that everyone wants to come to America...The list is endless....YOU LIVE IN THE LAND OF PROPAGANDA
I’m an anti propagandist...

Everyone does want to come to America..strange I know since most here seem to hate America. Yet others really want to come here to change their lives..which in America that is what we’ve always been known for. Are we all good...no..but neither is any other place on earth. You can hate all you want on America..but not everyone does...a lot of people like it for the opportunities they can have here to make more money and live the lifestyle they want..skies the limit here in America..where in the rest of the world..not so much.

justjess

Superstar
I’m an anti propagandist...

Everyone does want to come to America..strange I know since most here seem to hate America. Yet others really want to come here to change their lives..which in America that is what we’ve always been known for. Are we all good...no..but neither is any other place on earth. You can hate all you want on America..but not everyone does...a lot of people like it for the opportunities they can have here to make more money and live the lifestyle they want..skies the limit here in America..where in the rest of the world..not so much.

Lisa

Superstar

Here’s the problem with your article..
Rather than using the more traditional metric of income, this study uses educational attainment as the basis for defining upward mobility.

justjess

Superstar
Here’s the problem with your article..
Goes into the traditional metric down below. The second article does as well. See the problem with commenting on something you don’t even read?

additionally you’d expect educational attainment to be higher across the board since college degrees are now required in many more positions then they used to be and a high school diploma won’t secure a decent job anymore except in rare circumstances. Yet we have the opposite. Do yourself a favor and READ IT. Or don’t. But then don’t comment and drop the whole economic mobility propaganda line.

Lisa

Superstar
Goes into the traditional metric down below. The second article does as well. See the problem with commenting on something you don’t even read?
They’re still education at the bottom of the article..
While the problems in each country are unique, many solutions are universal. The report highlights much needed investments in early childhood through subsidized childcare and paid leave, nutrition programs, good quality public education programs and schools, improved occupational networks and labor market interventions such as employer tax credits to employ younger workers. But it also points to a new, and often overlooked, factor: the role played by aspirations, both of the parents and the children themselves, and the link between aspirations and mobility. In Mexico, for instance, among youth between the ages of 12-22, those who had higher aspirations for mobility were far more likely to stay in school and exhibit better behavior more generally, particularly in relation to health. Similar findings were reported in a diverse group of countries, such as India, Vietnam, United Kingdom, Pakistan and in the Dominican Republic as well. Perhaps not surprisingly, believing in the dream of upward mobility is critical to achieving it.
The problems is keeping government out of it all so a free market can work on its own...but they don’t so if you don’t have the way to do it..its probably some government regulation. However...anyone can come here and make it and possibly make it big...that’s why people come here.

justjess

Superstar
They’re still education at the bottom of the article..

The problems is keeping government out of it all so a free market can work on its own...but they don’t so if you don’t have the way to do it..its probably some government regulation. However...anyone can come here and make it and possibly make it big...that’s why people come here.
So what does the picture look like for the US? We know from work done by Raj Chetty and others using income to measure mobility, that absolute upward economic mobility has been declining since the 1940s. For children born in the 1940s, more than 90 percent were earning more than their parents. Today, that number has dropped to 50 percent. The figure below documents that decline.
There’s also lots of easy to read graphs so idk why your lying.

All you do is regurgitate propaganda.

shankara

Star
The problems is keeping government out of it all so a free market can work on its own...
And you accuse us of being propagandized? Which direction does it seem to you that there is the most propaganda, for or against neo-liberalism?

Lisa

Superstar

justjess

Superstar
I quoted directly from that article..
And cherry picked what you quoted. You denied it mentioned the traditional income based measurement of mobility when it clearly did - in text and graphs. But you don’t actually read anything do you?

Lisa

Superstar
And you accuse us of being propagandized? Which direction does it seem to you that there is the most propaganda, for or against neo-liberalism?
I think the most propaganda comes from the liars.

justjess

Superstar
I think the most propaganda comes from the liars.
Who would the liars be Lisa? And would you count yourself among them considering you just claimed that article didn’t talk about income mobility when it clearly did?

Lisa

Superstar
And cherry picked what you quoted. You denied it mentioned the traditional income based measurement of mobility when it clearly did - in text and graphs. But you don’t actually read anything do you?
You said that it went to the income stuff and I saw that at the bottom they wrapped it up in a nice little bow talking about how lack of education was the real culprit..which is funny because what do the kids learn at college besides how to joining anitfa or blm or that they really are trans and all the problems in the world are Americas fault...I think I know where the real problem lies. If you show kids they can make it in America..they will.

Lisa

Superstar
Who would the liars be Lisa? And would you count yourself among them considering you just claimed that article didn’t talk about income mobility when it clearly did?
It was a fake news story to draw you into the education aspect..the lying aspect :rolleyes:

Lisa

Superstar

justjess

Superstar
You said that it went to the income stuff and I saw that at the bottom they wrapped it up in a nice little bow talking about how lack of education was the real culprit..which is funny because what do the kids learn at college besides how to joining anitfa or blm or that they really are trans and all the problems in the world are Americas fault...I think I know where the real problem lies. If you show kids they can make it in America..they will.
That isn’t what they were saying at all. They said income mobility has declined, so they looked at educational mobility and that has also declined, the two are intertwined but both metrics have declined. I’m not sure you grasp this.

additionally I posted two other articles which you didn’t even glance at. This has been found in study after study after study it isn’t even debated anymore. They push this lie to placate people and convince them their own financial situation is entirely their own fault when it’s not.

justjess

Superstar
It was a fake news story to draw you into the education aspect..the lying aspect :rolleyes:
It wasn’t a fake news story. It was a study done to look at economic mobility from what should have been a more generous angle and didn’t turn out to be. We can just stick to income if you’d prefer. Income mobility has been declining since the 1940’s.

Lisa

Superstar
It wasn’t a fake news story. It was a study done to look at economic mobility from what should have been a more generous angle and didn’t turn out to be. We can just stick to income if you’d prefer. Income mobility has been declining since the 1940’s.
So, you agree that it was a fake news story?