US is Confident it will Prosecute Julian Assange

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/u-s-is-optimistic-it-will-prosecute-assange-1542376108

https://theintercept.com/2018/11/16/as-the-obama-doj-concluded-prosecution-of-julian-assange-for-publishing-documents-poses-grave-threats-to-press-freedom/

First I want to say that Assange is a piece of shit who helped inject bullshit theories into conspiracy discourse and sold his soul by working with the Trump campaign to help throw the election.

This is what happens when you deal with the devil, and he is insane if he thought Trump would save him or whatever.

However if he gets prosecuted and convicted for publishing, it sets a bad precedent for freedom of the press and gives a veneer of legality to go after so many publications/publishers/journalists.

Assange’s own character and or stupidity has led to this, but this is bad news.

This a line that when crossed takes us to an immediate constitutional crisis. The implications for a “legal” crackdown on journalism are staggering, it’s a huge tool in a would be dictators belt.

You all know how I feel about Trump, but believe me I wouldn’t want any President to have this legal precedent, and you guys shouldn’t either.

Edit: Will also float highely unlikely scenario in which Trump gets Assange to US and Pardons him, rallying his base as the guy takin on the NWO for 2020. Nothing is to absurd or unlikely in the reality tv phase of American Government.

Last edited:

The Zone

Star
I see a lot of accusations and no proof. Then I see paranoid reaching while ignoring what Assange did expose before Trump. Par for the course during a rare, getting more rare check in on the forum.

I see a lot of accusations and no proof. Then I see paranoid reaching while ignoring what Assange did expose before Trump. Par for the course during a rare, getting more rare check in on the forum.

What accusations? It’s clear that the Trump campaign was in contact with him via Roger Stone.

I made it explicity clear that I don’t want him prosecuted no matter my opinion about him or his politics because of the legal precedent that will be set. Any outlet branded a leaker by the Justice Department could be shut down if this comes to pass.

Yeah I was with Assange for the Cables and helping Snowden, but somewhere along the line he started going off on rants about SjWs and GamerGate nonsense,all I stated was my opinion about the guy and I think he’s a pos but I’m still defending him.

Thanks for stopping by Zone?

Edit : Funny to hear the terms “paranoid reaching” thrown out considering some of the common beliefs on this “conspiracy forum”

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
Will also float highely unlikely scenario in which Trump gets Assange to US and Pardons him, rallying his base as the guy takin on the NWO for 2020. Nothing is to absurd or unlikely in the reality tv phase of American Government.
I feel like that is the likely scenario.

This still makes me laugh.