US Civil War Coming Soon?

Thunderian

Superstar
Leftists are desperately encouraging more and more violence toward Trump supporters, and while in polite society Sarah Sanders gets chased out of restaurants, on the streets the left are getting put down hard. The left can have their crappy restaurants. This is awesome.

The cops stood by in Charlottesville while leftist thugs attacked anyone who wasn't sufficiently anti-Trump. The guy in the white sleeves in that video -- the guy who blocked three blows from a steel baton and then dropped the Antifa goon with one punch -- looks like a pro. There are people who believe, and I think they're right, that guys like that are being inserted into street situations to stop the violent left before they do anything serious. The message being sent to the left is that street level revolution will be met with force.

Helioform

Star
Leftists are desperately encouraging more and more violence toward Trump supporters, and while in polite society Sarah Sanders gets chased out of restaurants, on the streets the left are getting put down hard. The left can have their crappy restaurants. This is awesome.

The cops stood by in Charlottesville while leftist thugs attacked anyone who wasn't sufficiently anti-Trump. The guy in the white sleeves in that video -- the guy who blocked three blows from a steel baton and then dropped the Antifa goon with one punch -- looks like a pro. There are people who believe, and I think they're right, that guys like that are being inserted into street situations to stop the violent left before they do anything serious. The message being sent to the left is that street level revolution will be met with force.
I don't think Antifa is organized or powerful enough to start a real civil war but we will see I guess.

This was interesting segment to listen to:

Is America on the verge of a second civil war? (13:30 mins)

To summarize, all three panelists don’t think there will be one, and Matt Mayer says it would be more of a civic, rather than a civil war. As well, they delve into the fact that social media has fueled much of the polarization as people don’t talk and have in-depth conversations with their neighbours as they once did, which I wholeheartedly agree with. I know Twitter is infamous for this with limiting its' characters and using sound bytes to fuel and further the divide between the “right” and the “left”.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
People have to be united for there to be a civil war. Like there's no real "right" or "left". Just various people with various levels of issues they identify with. It's more like civil conflict, or civil strife. And that's nothing new.

I don't think peoples will is strong enough for civil war. They may care and brawl in the street over it, but that's not a showing of real resolve. They are just doing what they have been taught. Emotional reactions are encouraged but they wont go anywhere in an actual argument, or war.

Thunderian

Superstar
I don't think Antifa is organized or powerful enough to start a real civil war but we will see I guess.
Antifa are just one example of the violence and aggression that the left is promoting as a way to crush any difference of opinion. They label anyone who doesn't exhibit approved thinking as racist or sexist or just evil, and frame everything in terms of humanity's morality. We see a lot of "if you don't agree with me then you don't have a soul" kind of rhetoric these days.

So if the people on the other side are just a bunch of soulless, racist, violent, evil beings, and the fight is for the heart of humanity, then how can any means of defeating them be off the table? Conservatives (always referred to as The Far Right, no matter what they actually believe) must be silenced.

So we now have the "Resistance". This resistance isn't formally organised, but it ranges from things like refusing service to Sarah Sanders at one restaurant and then following her to another to accost her family there, to the anti-free-speech riots at campuses when Ben Shapiro speaks, to doxing ICE agents, to the attack on Rand Paul in his front yard (and recent death threats against his family), to the shooting of Steve Scalise. Conservatives just don't do these things, but on the left, they are just another way of fighting political battles.

I don't mean that conservatives can't be violent or rude, but these attacks are political acts. We somehow got through eight years of Obama without any attacks of this sort by the right against the left, and when you think of some of the rhetoric against Obama during his terms, you know it wasn't for lack of outrage.

None of this would start a civil war, though. Trump has the army and rebellion wouldn't get very far, especially since liberals don't own any guns, lol.

Aero

Superstar
How is abortion terrorism?

Putting aside the fact that sometimes it's necessary to save lives. Abortion isn't a "liberal" construct. It's a human construct. Like before liberals existed, abortions existed. So I don't understand why the pro-lifers always gloss over that fact.

This is why, as a pro-choice person I'm not worried about the Supreme Court turning pro life. They will never end abortions, if anything by criminalizing abortion they will create a backfire effect. Like what? It's our last chance to get a safe and legal abortion? Better go for it while you still have the chance!

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

The cops stood by in Charlottesville while your white supremacist goon friends fired guns and ran people over...... but Im sure thats what you really meant to type right doofus?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Antifa are just one example of the violence and aggression that the left is promoting as a way to crush any difference of opinion. They label anyone who doesn't exhibit approved thinking as racist or sexist or just evil, and frame everything in terms of humanity's morality. We see a lot of "if you don't agree with me then you don't have a soul" kind of rhetoric these days.

So if the people on the other side are just a bunch of soulless, racist, violent, evil beings, and the fight is for the heart of humanity, then how can any means of defeating them be off the table? Conservatives (always referred to as The Far Right, no matter what they actually believe) must be silenced.

So we now have the "Resistance". This resistance isn't formally organised, but it ranges from things like refusing service to Sarah Sanders at one restaurant and then following her to another to accost her family there, to the anti-free-speech riots at campuses when Ben Shapiro speaks, to doxing ICE agents, to the attack on Rand Paul in his front yard (and recent death threats against his family), to the shooting of Steve Scalise. Conservatives just don't do these things, but on the left, they are just another way of fighting political battles.

I don't mean that conservatives can't be violent or rude, but these attacks are political acts. We somehow got through eight years of Obama without any attacks of this sort by the right against the left, and when you think of some of the rhetoric against Obama during his terms, you know it wasn't for lack of outrage.

None of this would start a civil war, though. Trump has the army and rebellion wouldn't get very far, especially since liberals don't own any guns, lol.
For someone who doesnt live here and has no clue about what is actually happening on the ground, you sure do love to post misinformation regarding the good ol' US of A. Stop living vicariously through our Caucasian, racial identity groups..... you have plenty of Cannuck ones to choose from......

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Sir, I am but a humble immigrant from Nicaragua. I know from experience in the 1900 and 80s the damage done from ideologues on both sides. That was all I meant to say.
Feel free to speak your mind here...... regardless of what hassles that guy may give you.

polymoog

Superstar
the left is being propagandized by MSNBC, CNN, NYT, and others against the right (since the election was a big fail for them, and bashing trump has not swayed anyone on the right to switch sides). the propaganda is now to directly confront trump supporters, often with violence. maxine waters, etc.

the right, via right wing social media and FOX news, is shown countless images and stories of what the left is doing. this is causing the right to dig in harder than before. they have not gotten violent yet.

to compound this, situations with antifa and right wing groups are co opted by tptb. for example, it was reported that the antifa AND the right wing "extremists" were getting off the SAME BUSES together in charlottesville last year. many leftist demonstrators are paid by the hour to protest trump and demand his impeachment. look it up.

i think MOST people are sensible and dont get involved in this bickering. these are the moderate right and left folks, although i think these neo/progressive democrats on the boob tube are far left, leaving normal, centrist democrats out in the cold. (its similar how the rigged DNC left the bernie sanders people holding an empty bag.)

bottom line: this plays right into creating martial law and more "give up your freedoms for more security" laws. forecast: 90% chance of increased violence, but not enough to move the masses. hard to get most folks off of their couches for anything but a soda.

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
Maybe now is a good time to jog the memory?

DHS purchases 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition

" DHS claims that it is buying ammo in bulk to save money, but experts have pointed out that hollow point bullets cost nearly twice as much as full metal jacket rounds. They also explode on impact for maximum damage, which has caused some Americans to wonder what purpose they would serve the DHS domestically. Purchasing 1.6 billion rounds of ammo would also give DHS the means to fight the equivalent of a 24-year Iraq War. Members of Congress say the DHS has repeatedly refused to tell them the purpose of procuring such large amounts of ammo."

Why The Heck Is DHS Buying More Than A Billion Bullets Plus Thousands Of Guns And Mine-Resistant Armored Vehicles?
(^ is a Forbes article)

As other people have said, there might be civil unrest, there won't be civil war. War needs a defined ideology and cause to drive it, not some vague "right vs. left" concept... Especially when the bulk of the American "left" would be considered center-right at best, if not flat out right-wing, on a global level...

And if there is civil war, anyone who has any sort of opposing view will be crushed no matter what side you're on. The Antifa folks that some people love to complain about? Most of the genuine members will be on the chopping block since anarchism isn't anything loved by a tyrannical state anymore than conspiracy theorists.

The Zone

Star
I love how some who get the vast majority of their information on the U.S. via mainstream media think there will be a civil war. What if I were to tell you that it was a distraction and that everyday life here has no protests or fights. The ones which take place are orchestrated and the only viable reason would be martial law. Sure, there are the fringe few which get covered by the news,but for the most part the wheel is turning in this country save what you see in the hyper media which is in no way an accurate depiction.

Now, that said, there could be an somewhat invisible civil war between nationalists or those who love their country and traditions and globalist who want to tear the country down. Interestingly, most who tear down the US are taking a globalist stance which will lead to a one world leadership and a far more police state than those envisioned here.

There is an information war at hand and some of you have only a part of it while living in Europe or elsewhere only going on what the media tells you. You Tube is on the verge of knocking the videos most here watch off the web, completely. And the tech giants are trying to weight fake news to save the propaganda machine worldwide for a likely coming technocracy/globalist way of life. Like I said, some are falling for the distraction set up by the MSM, swallowing the bait of a civil war in the US which is not going to happen as it did in the 1800's for nobody seems to get that there cannot be boundaries within ideal differences. Perhaps some skirmishes orchestrated to intervene.

Imagine the MSM as the man with the ball in sports on the soccer.football field, hockey ice or basketball court. The man with the ball is distracting and a magnet for your attention. But what the other players are doing off ball leads to the reveal.