Unveiled Faces

JoChris

Superstar
I have had a busier morning than normal. We had to drop off our dog at the vet to get checked out because of his bad cough; it is probably "doggie" influenza but anything else has to be ruled out too. He was fine while my son and I were with him but as we proceeded to go out the door I swear there was an absolute look of panic and he tried to run to us. We had to exit quickly.

The thought came to my mind that we are so often like my dog Skoot, we are fine while everything is going smoothly and we can **see** God's hand in behind it all. When something unexpected happens we feel abandoned and seek to run to whatever/ whoever will save us, not trust that God is still looking after us behind the scenes despite us feeling all alone.

Trust is a major issue for me personally with God despite having seen so much done for me in the past. I feel a bit convicted this morning anyway, seeing poor Skoot's reaction and realising I am too much like him in my thinking patterns.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
I have had a busier morning than normal. We had to drop off our dog at the vet to get checked out because his bad cough; it is probably "doggie" influenza but anything else has to be ruled out too. He was fine while my son and I were with him but as we proceeded to go out the door I swear there was an absolute look of panic and he tried to run to us. We had to exit quickly.

The thought came to my mind that we are so often like my dog Skoot, we are fine while everything is going smoothly and we can **see** God's hand in behind it all. When something unexpected happens we feel abandoned and seek to run to whatever/ whoever will save us, not trust that God is still looking after us behind the scenes despite us feeling all alone.

Trust is a major issue for me personally with God despite having seen so much done for me in the past. I feel a bit convicted this morning anyway, seeing poor Skoot's reaction and realising I am too much like him in my thinking patterns.
I like when things like that happen.
One time I took great care in washing my car and I was so proud of how the outside looked but I had totally neglected the inside and I felt that God was trying to tell me something there and I was really humbled by the revelation.

Swiftturtle

Established
I have had a busier morning than normal. We had to drop off our dog at the vet to get checked out because of his bad cough; it is probably "doggie" influenza but anything else has to be ruled out too. He was fine while my son and I were with him but as we proceeded to go out the door I swear there was an absolute look of panic and he tried to run to us. We had to exit quickly.

When life has such an unexpected shift, I always think of Job..it helps me readjust. I thank the Lord that it’s nothing like Job’s extreme situation...then I also make sure to say “that’s NOT a dare, to be clear” ha.

I heard a comedian once that said “imagine just how horrible Job’s wife must’ve been for Satan to be destroying everything in his life and get to his wife and think ‘wow, that one’s already fine on its own’” ...baha

Swiftturtle

Established
Do y’all ever read Elijahlist.com? I read a few of them on occasion, but I’m cautious about it...along with other prophetic words. I’ll listen, but see how it registers in my spirit. I personally feel we are entering into an incredible time of not only grace that the nation doesn’t deserve, but also of Christ coming in like a boom bc of what is starting to come out. There’s such open depravity, but so many Christians that have prayed so faithfully, for so long, and we all know God can change hearts in an instant if he saturates our nation in the Holy Spirit. I think the Epstein Island exposure shook ppl, and that’s just the tip of the horrific iceberg, so I wonder if everything that’s supposed to be declassified will cause an earthquake of ppl to have wide open hearts that were previously closed. The issue is also within- will the church be prepared? So many churches have pastors that deal cotton candy fluff.

Dalit

Star
Do y’all ever read Elijahlist.com? I read a few of them on occasion, but I’m cautious about it...along with other prophetic words. I’ll listen, but see how it registers in my spirit. I personally feel we are entering into an incredible time of not only grace that the nation doesn’t deserve, but also of Christ coming in like a boom bc of what is starting to come out. There’s such open depravity, but so many Christians that have prayed so faithfully, for so long, and we all know God can change hearts in an instant if he saturates our nation in the Holy Spirit. I think the Epstein Island exposure shook ppl, and that’s just the tip of the horrific iceberg, so I wonder if everything that’s supposed to be declassified will cause an earthquake of ppl to have wide open hearts that were previously closed. The issue is also within- will the church be prepared? So many churches have pastors that deal cotton candy fluff.
Be cautious. Elijah List is NARly. NAR = New Apostolic Reformation (the offspring of Word of Faith and mystical miracle/New Age). Check out Holly Pivec's Spirit of Error website and Costi Hinn's Defining Deception. The only prophetic voices I would take seriously are David Wilkerson and maybe Dmitry Dudemon.

Swiftturtle

Established
Be cautious. Elijah List is NARly. NAR = New Apostolic Reformation (the offspring of Word of Faith and mystical miracle/New Age). Check out Holly Pivec's Spirit of Error website and Costi Hinn's Defining Deception. The only prophetic voices I would take seriously are David Wilkerson and maybe Dmitry Dudemon.
Interesting! I love being able to get outside input-

And, ohhhhh David Wilkerson- I quite literally just finally read The Cross & the Switchblade! It was way before my time- but what a book.

I liked Kim Clement...it’s crazy that his prophecies that he had right before his death are aligning in a way that’s almost shocking

JoChris

Superstar
At best they paraphrase what is in the bible. Bible outranks personal impressions/ feelings ALWAYS.
If a person contradicts the bible they should be rejected immediately, even if their ministry appears to have convincing signs and wonders.

Deuteronomy 13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
4 Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

Walk after God as revealed in the bible, not his ministers/ prophets etc.

Discernment ministries are often dismissed as killjoys and spiritual Pharisees (or whatever put-down is in fashion amongst Charismatics towards their critics) but they are like the immune system of the Body of Christ. Of course test what they say against the bible as well as what the Elijah List says.

"Deception in the church" has covered the New Apostolic Reformation and Co. for a long time. If you go back far enough you will see that prophecies made before the internet/ early days of internet were way wilder than today's currently are (and therefore quickly forgotten). Now these prophets are way more careful. http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/newapostolic.html

Swiftturtle

Established
At best they paraphrase what is in the bible. Bible outranks personal impressions/ feelings ALWAYS.
If a person contradicts the bible they should be rejected immediately, even if their ministry appears to have convincing signs and wonders.

Deuteronomy 13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
4 Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

Walk after God as revealed in the bible, not his ministers/ prophets etc.

Discernment ministries are often dismissed as killjoys and spiritual Pharisees (or whatever put-down is in fashion amongst Charismatics towards their critics) but they are like the immune system of the Body of Christ. Of course test what they say against the bible as well as what the Elijah List says.

"Deception in the church" has covered the New Apostolic Reformation and Co. for a long time. If you go back far enough you will see that prophecies made before the internet/ early days of internet were way wilder than today's currently are (and therefore quickly forgotten). Now these prophets are way more careful. http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/newapostolic.html
I agree with you about checking against scripture- AND that there’s a lot of hot air out there...I always wonder where the ‘Rachel’ is with her stolen idols that she was told not to take.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Recently the story of Stephen has been coming at me again and again. I believe there is wisdom and guidance for us here:-

Acts 6

5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch, 6 whom they set before the apostles; and when they had prayed, they laid hands on them.

[Stephen started his ministry serving others in a practical way]

7 Then the word of God spread, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were obedient to the faith.

8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people.

[Stephen was open to God using him in power]

9 Then there arose some from what is called the Synagogue of the Freedmen (Cyrenians, Alexandrians, and those from Cilicia and Asia), disputing with Stephen. 10 And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the Spirit by which he spoke.

[Stephen was also clearly an excellent apologist and moved in God’s wisdom in the answers he gave to the “Synagogue of Freedmen”]

11 Then they secretly induced men to say, “We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses and God.” 12 And they stirred up the people, the elders, and the scribes; and they came upon him, seized him, and brought him to the council.

[Stephen was persecuted for the gospel - made me think of Hong Kong, Iran etc - we can’t expect a smooth ride in return for faithfulness]

Swiftturtle

Established
Recently the story of Stephen has been coming at me again and again. I believe there is wisdom and guidance for us here:-

Acts 6

5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit, and Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte from Antioch, 6 whom they set before the apostles; and when they had prayed, they laid hands on them.

[Stephen started his ministry serving others in a practical way]

7 Then the word of God spread, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were obedient to the faith.

8 And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people.

[Stephen was open to God using him in power]

9 Then there arose some from what is called the Synagogue of the Freedmen (Cyrenians, Alexandrians, and those from Cilicia and Asia), disputing with Stephen. 10 And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the Spirit by which he spoke.

[Stephen was also clearly an excellent apologist and moved in God’s wisdom in the answers he gave to the “Synagogue of Freedmen”]

11 Then they secretly induced men to say, “We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses and God.” 12 And they stirred up the people, the elders, and the scribes; and they came upon him, seized him, and brought him to the council.

[Stephen was persecuted for the gospel - made me think of Hong Kong, Iran etc - we can’t expect a smooth ride in return for faithfulness]
Oh, absolutely. We get mocked and blamed for a lot in the West, which isn’t right, but churches are still making Instagram theme walls- so we clearly have the most freedom of anywhere. That’s probably also why so many Christians are so blasé about actually learning about the faith they claim to follow. Meanwhile, a missionary family I know in China that’s run a Christian orphanage for years has been threatened repeatedly. Their cross was taken down and replaced with the Chinese Communist symbolism, gov cameras have been installed everywhere, and they get numerous surprise gov visits. I read a story from a pastor that visited a small village in China. He thought he was going to give just a sermon, but for 3 days, all day long, they asked him to recite what he knew from the Bible and start at the beginning and tell them as many stories as he could. It was so packed that the people stood the entire time, literally desperate to hear as much as they could.