Unveiled Faces

JoChris

Superstar
It is funny what happens. I had insomnia last night and the forum here was on my mind so I prayed a bit for you Christians.

I see it had been very busy today your time and some very good answers were given by you all. :)

JoChris

Superstar
Despite my church being very small we seem to have a lot of missonaries and evangelists who are supported in their travels.
Today Randy Bane visited. He was very good, clear Gospel message. He is flying with another pastor to East Timor this week, so please pray for their safety.

I approached him afterwards and yes, he is on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=randy+bane+evangelist&sp=SADqAwA%3D

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
A very good short film...

Psalms 73:1-28

1 The Tragedy of the Wicked, and the Blessedness of Trust in God

Truly God is good to Israel,
To such as are pure in heart.

2 But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled;
My steps had nearly slipped.
3 For I was envious of the boastful,
When I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 For there are no pangs in their death,
But their strength is firm.
5 They are not in trouble as other men,
Nor are they plagued like other men.
6 Therefore pride serves as their necklace;
Violence covers them like a garment.
7 Their eyes bulge with abundance;
They have more than heart could wish.
8 They scoff and speak wickedly concerning oppression;
They speak loftily.
9 They set their mouth against the heavens,
And their tongue walks through the earth.
10 Therefore his people return here,
And waters of a full cup are drained by them.
11 And they say, “How does God know?
And is there knowledge in the Most High?”
12 Behold, these are the ungodly,
Who are always at ease;
They increase in riches.
13 Surely I have cleansed my heart in vain,
And washed my hands in innocence.
14 For all day long I have been plagued,
And chastened every morning.
15 If I had said, “I will speak thus,”
Behold, I would have been untrue to the generation of Your children.
16 When I thought how to understand this,
It was too painful for me—
17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God;
Then I understood their end.
18 Surely You set them in slippery places;
You cast them down to destruction.
19 Oh, how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment!
They are utterly consumed with terrors.
20 As a dream when one awakes,
So, Lord, when You awake,
You shall despise their image.
21 Thus my heart was grieved,
And I was vexed in my mind.
22 I was so foolish and ignorant;
I was like a beast before You.
23 Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You hold me by my right hand.
24 You will guide me with Your counsel,
And afterward receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
26 My flesh and my heart fail;
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
27 For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish;
You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry.
28 But it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord GOD,
That I may declare all Your works.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
A very good short film...

Psalms 73:1-28

1 The Tragedy of the Wicked, and the Blessedness of Trust in God

Truly God is good to Israel,
To such as are pure in heart.

2 But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled;
My steps had nearly slipped.
3 For I was envious of the boastful,
When I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 For there are no pangs in their death,
But their strength is firm.
5 They are not in trouble as other men,
Nor are they plagued like other men.
6 Therefore pride serves as their necklace;
Violence covers them like a garment.
7 Their eyes bulge with abundance;
They have more than heart could wish.
8 They scoff and speak wickedly concerning oppression;
They speak loftily.
9 They set their mouth against the heavens,
And their tongue walks through the earth.
10 Therefore his people return here,
And waters of a full cup are drained by them.
11 And they say, “How does God know?
And is there knowledge in the Most High?”
12 Behold, these are the ungodly,
Who are always at ease;
They increase in riches.
13 Surely I have cleansed my heart in vain,
And washed my hands in innocence.
14 For all day long I have been plagued,
And chastened every morning.
15 If I had said, “I will speak thus,”
Behold, I would have been untrue to the generation of Your children.
16 When I thought how to understand this,
It was too painful for me—
17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God;
Then I understood their end.
18 Surely You set them in slippery places;
You cast them down to destruction.
19 Oh, how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment!
They are utterly consumed with terrors.
20 As a dream when one awakes,
So, Lord, when You awake,
You shall despise their image.
21 Thus my heart was grieved,
And I was vexed in my mind.
22 I was so foolish and ignorant;
I was like a beast before You.
23 Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You hold me by my right hand.
24 You will guide me with Your counsel,
And afterward receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
26 My flesh and my heart fail;
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
27 For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish;
You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry.
28 But it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord GOD,
That I may declare all Your works.
Good psalm to keep in mind when dealing with people who loathe God but appear to get away with it. :)

Dalit

Star
It is funny what happens. I had insomnia last night and the forum here was on my mind so I prayed a bit for you Christians.

I see it had been very busy today your time and some very good answers were given by you all. :)
Thank you for your prayers. They are most needed. Everyone here, Christian or not, is fighting battles we know little about. Of that, I'm certain.

llleopard

Established
Opinions needed please my friends. Rhino has been appointed as associate pastor at a local church. Yay! So I didn't have to leave my job at the library. Also yay! However, a thing came up. The children's librarians want to do some Ramadan activities. I asked rhino's baha'i, wiccan etc. sister for a contact who would give them a hand to be authentic because none of them knew anyone to ask. Then rhino was distressed because He sees this as me going against what we are trying to build in the church and community. That I am enabling the tolerance and normalising of an anti Christian religion, especially to children. He says if it were about the culture of another country it might be different ie just food or houses or something that promoted understanding of people, but doesn't want me in any way supporting another religion. I can see what he means, but not sure I feel that strongly about it.too many years teaching in state school maybe. What do you think? How major is it?

JoChris

Superstar
Opinions needed please my friends. Rhino has been appointed as associate pastor at a local church. Yay! So I didn't have to leave my job at the library. Also yay! However, a thing came up. The children's librarians want to do some Ramadan activities. I asked rhino's baha'i, wiccan etc. sister for a contact who would give them a hand to be authentic because none of them knew anyone to ask. Then rhino was distressed because He sees this as me going against what we are trying to build in the church and community. That I am enabling the tolerance and normalising of an anti Christian religion, especially to children. He says if it were about the culture of another country it might be different ie just food or houses or something that promoted understanding of people, but doesn't want me in any way supporting another religion. I can see what he means, but not sure I feel that strongly about it.too many years teaching in state school maybe. What do you think? How major is it?
Unfortunately if it is a public library I imagine that a library is expected to cater for all worldviews in general, except for extremely bizarre ones.
Is there any way you can select the most impartial ones e.g. general beliefs, cultural practices, not "evangelism" ones?

mecca

Superstar
That I am enabling the tolerance and normalising of an anti Christian religion, especially to children.
Islam is not anti-christian, neither is wicca and it would be messed up for you to teach your children to have a discriminatory attitude towards other religions simply because they are not Christianity. That's the kind of mentality that leads to hatefulness and division in society.

TokiEl

Superstar
Islam is not anti-christian, neither is wicca and it would be messed up for you to teach your children to have a discriminatory attitude towards other religions simply because they are not Christianity. That's the kind of mentality that leads to hatefulness and division in society.
Will you serve the Devil or Christ ? Will you serve both ?

Will you serve both God and the Devil at the same time ?

But why ?

Vytas

Star
How to reject someone without hurting their feelings ? I can't just tell I'm a celibate. That sounds ridiculous. And she won't believe anyway...Other option is to think some lies...But i dont like that either. I have time until Friday to find a good way. Avoid sinning , not to embarrass myself, and not to hurt her.. So hard..

Lisa

Superstar
How to reject someone without hurting their feelings ? I can't just tell I'm a celibate. That sounds ridiculous. And she won't believe anyway...Other option is to think some lies...But i dont like that either. I have time until Friday to find a good way. Avoid sinning , not to embarrass myself, and not to hurt her.. So hard..
The truth is always preferred by God. I don’t mean to pry..but do you not like her? Are you trying to remain celebate?

Vytas

Star
The truth is always preferred by God. I don’t mean to pry..but do you not like her? Are you trying to remain celebate?
I like her a lot but i feel convicted by holly spirit. I'm doing very well now in my spiritual life , now is not the time for that. First things first as they say. Besides its like dejavu. And last few times when i didnt listened to holy spirit it ended badly for me. Really badly. I'm exceptionally dumb, but can i reapeat same mistake over and over in same situation like in some comedy about time loop...And learn nothing. Personal sacrifices must be made if we are willing to take out croses and follow. And i will, so hard though. I don't want to, and don't know how yet. But this time i will...

Lisa

Superstar
I like her a lot but i feel convicted by holly spirit. I'm doing very well now in my spiritual life , now is not the time for that. First things first as they say. Besides its like dejavu. And last few times when i didnt listened to holy spirit it ended badly for me. Really badly. I'm exceptionally dumb, but can i reapeat same mistake over and over in same situation like in some comedy about time loop...And learn nothing. Personal sacrifices must be made if we are willing to take out croses and follow. And i will, so hard though. I don't want to, and don't know how yet. But this time i will...
I see, then you must do what God wants you to do and I think you should be honest about why. Who knows, maybe that’s the test? I’ll be praying that God helps you talk with her.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
William Wordsworth, the poet, lived in the English Lake District. There, because of a damp climate and steady rainfall, rainbows regularly appear in the dark skies. He wrote,

“My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky, So was it when my life began; So is it now I am a man So be it when I shall grow old Or let me die.”1

Wordsworth did not identify the reasons for his heart-leap. Given his love of nature and his poetic vision, he no doubt rejoiced in the rainbow’s beauty and drew profound lessons from the sight.

The scientist, looking at the same rainbow, recognizes that light refracted through moisture produces a colored ray. In a shower of rain, many rays refracted at slightly different angles through many raindrops produce all the colors of the spectrum, which then form concentric arcs around the common center, the sun. And that’s all that a rainbow is!

Two totally different viewpoints—one poetic, the other scientific. But there is another way of looking at the rainbow. God told Noah, “I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my permanent promise to you and to all the earth. . . . Yes, this is the sign of my covenant with all the creatures of the earth” (Gen. 9:13, 17).

Scientific observation has enabled man to explore the world, to probe its mysteries, to mine its treasures, and to harness its power, more often than not to man’s greater good. And poetic imagination has done much to enrich our souls. But only divine revelation can introduce man to the deepest, richest dimensions of life and the knowledge of eternity. Without God telling us, we would never have guessed that the rainbow is a message from the Creator of the universe, proclaiming His loving faithfulness and unending commitment to the covenant He freely made with man.

Some men who engage in scientific observation of the world fail to see evidence of the Creator in that which He created. And others whose poetic imaginations take them into flights of fancy frequently land in regions far from the Lord. But the scientist who knows and understands the things of God worships as he observes The Creators wonders, and the believing poet’s imagination soars to unimagined heights as he recognizes evidences of God on every hand.

Next time you see a rainbow, don’t just see moisture refractions or look for a pot of gold. Instead, worship God. And thank Him for His promises.

1 - William Wordsworth (My Heart Leaps Up).

(Extract from a Daily Devotional - The One Year Men)

But only divine revelation can introduce man to the deepest, richest dimensions of life and the knowledge of eternity. Without God telling us, we would never have guessed that the rainbow is a message from the Creator of the universe, proclaiming His loving faithfulness and unending commitment to the covenant He freely made with man.
And this, Red, is what is missing in those who claim another Gospel. The spirit that is directing them is the spirit of self righteousness and pride of so called knowledge.