Unveiled Faces

JoChris

Superstar
Spending time here is like being a criminal psychologist. Too much darkness is not good for the soul. Its certainly not for everyone and anyone here who wants to follow the Lord should put Him in first place and only share what is given to them. "Avoid foolish disputes" was always a good bit of Biblical advice @TeresaP7 ! Keep in touch!
Do you ever see any of the other oldies on other forums or blogs?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Do you ever see any of the other oldies on other forums or blogs?
I'm still in touch with Carma but I don't really go on other Christian blogs as I'm not really a debater. A long while ago I had a call to "give out that which I have received". I just spend my spare time in fellowship with the Lord and now and then I feel prompted to share something...

JoChris

Superstar
I'm still in touch with Carma but I don't really go on other Christian blogs as I'm not really a debater. A long while ago I had a call to "give out that which I have received". I just spend my spare time in fellowship with the Lord and now and then I feel prompted to share something...
Well if you are still in contact, tell her I have come back after all if she was ever considering teaming up with other Christians here again.

JoChris

Superstar
I tried to find a decent Christian only forum at times but they were either too beginner, too theological (between pastors etc), too troll infiltrated or too touchy-feely. I gave up. Back to the outsiders, weirdos, and "question everything!" forum I think.

SnowFall

Veteran
When I came to this town a few years ago now, I was relieved to find a small bible-believing church in the area.
I tried to fit in, I wanted to participate in church activities like my old church, but for multiple reasons that didn't happen. I don't have the extended family I had hoped for (like I have had in other towns in the past) and am becoming resigned to it being the same Sunday only- fellowship unless new church families move to the area.

I have said that for any lonely readers out there. Sometimes it is God's will to keep us to ourselves for company despite being a church attender - the challenging thing is to learn how to accept it is God's will for us and then do that without grumbling. God Himself knows what I can and can't handle RE church fellowship. I have to learn to accept His judgement on this matter and trust that it will work out for good.
I get what you mean, here in England especially among the younger generations its very difficult to find Christian fellowship, I’m 25 and most people my age or even around my age treat Christians like aliens
It can get lonely
But i suppose you have to keep strong and pray

JoChris

Superstar
I get what you mean, here in England especially among the younger generations its very difficult to find Christian fellowship, I’m 25 and most people my age or even around my age treat Christians like aliens
It can get lonely
But i suppose you have to keep strong and pray
It is one method that God uses to make draw close to him. Perhaps you and I wouldn't grow spiritually in whatever strength God is developing in us unless we were more isolated than we want to be.

One suggestion: Are there any bible study groups at all in your area? Don't be put off going to older people groups if that is the only option. Older people generally know way more than we realise.

Spiritually mature women helped me heal a lot from a dysfunctional childhood just by watching how they dealt with life issues and what they had learned over the years from life's trials. They could see God's hand in it all.

JoChris

Superstar
I am a bit nervous tonight - my older son is having an interview for joining the police. I have mixed feelings about that. I know God has it under control but it is hard to not let emotions win the battle.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I am a bit nervous tonight - my older son is having an interview for joining the police. I have mixed feelings about that. I know God has it under control but it is hard to not let emotions win the battle.
Thinking of you Jo - we were just discussing career options for my daughter. It's stressful to think about what their next steps might be and to feel a bit powerless to assist them. I guess all we can do is trust them to the one who really knows!

JoChris

Superstar
Thinking of you Jo - we were just discussing career options for my daughter. It's stressful to think about what their next steps might be and to feel a bit powerless to assist them. I guess all we can do is trust them to the one who really knows!
How is the swimming going?
Perhaps she could become a sports teacher, a physiotherapist or any profession that works alongside sportspeople?

SnowFall

Veteran
It is one method that God uses to make draw close to him. Perhaps you and I wouldn't grow spiritually in whatever strength God is developing in us unless we were more isolated than we want to be.

One suggestion: Are there any bible study groups at all in your area? Don't be put off going to older people groups if that is the only option. Older people generally know way more than we realise.

Spiritually mature women helped me heal a lot from a dysfunctional childhood just by watching how they dealt with life issues and what they had learned over the years from life's trials. They could see God's hand in it all.
I agree We must trust in God
Mostly it’s just children’s groups or older groups but like you said it could be a good thing, maybe I’ll pick up a few pearls of wisdom along the way
Thanks and I hope you find what you are looking for :)

JoChris

Superstar
As mentioned above, my son did the police assessment the other night. He said in the text message to my husband that he felt fairly confident but there seemed to be competition for places.

I thought of a few providence proverbs which settled me a bit:

Proverbs 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord.
16:9 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.

16:33 The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the Lord.

I wanted to share this one I saw earlier as it goes to the heart of the Gospel message as well as to the times we are living in.

Hebrews 10

"23Let us hold fast the profession of our afaith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised 24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

Sobering!

When I came to this town a few years ago now, I was relieved to find a small bible-believing church in the area.
I tried to fit in, I wanted to participate in church activities like my old church, but for multiple reasons that didn't happen. I don't have the extended family I had hoped for (like I have had in other towns in the past) and am becoming resigned to it being the same Sunday only- fellowship unless new church families move to the area.

I have said that for any lonely readers out there. Sometimes it is God's will to keep us to ourselves for company despite being a church attender - the challenging thing is to learn how to accept it is God's will for us and then do that without grumbling. God Himself knows what I can and can't handle RE church fellowship. I have to learn to accept His judgement on this matter and trust that it will work out for good.
Sometimes the Lord sets us apart to cry out to the luke warm church, The world hates us as it hated Christ. And as long as you know the Truth, filled with the Holy Spirit....you will not be able to sit (without crying out). For it is not I, but Christ in me...and if you can not cry out by Scripture...then be quiet....God has said all that we need to contend for. There is nothing new to be added to the Gospel.

JoChris

Superstar
And for anyone curious for how my son went: He got through the interview stage.

Last Saturday he went for the important police fitness test. During a "beep test" he tripped over and twisted his ankle which made him unable to continue.
He has to wait a few months to start the interview process from the start again. *sigh*

My son will be starting the IT degree after all. More $$$$, more Uni debt.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
And for anyone curious for how my son went: He got through the interview stage.

Last Saturday he went for the important police fitness test. During a "beep test" he tripped over and twisted his ankle which made him unable to continue.
He has to wait a few months to start the interview process from the start again. *sigh*

My son will be starting the IT degree after all. More $$$$, more Uni debt.
So sorry Jo! I guess Romans 8:28 might apply here but if he had set his heart on it, it's awful when your kids face setbacks you can't do anything about. Thinking of you all.

JoChris

Superstar
So sorry Jo! I guess Romans 8:28 might apply here but if he had set his heart on it, it's awful when your kids face setbacks you can't do anything about. Thinking of you all.
I have in the back of my mind that I bet his girlfriend (more than 1 year) is secretly happy it didn't work out. They both live on campus.
I have met her a few times now, including her Mum, Dad and brother. They live in a town 100 kms from us.
I notice the way she looks at him... and I hope he doesn't break her heart. They act like a couple.

People would say they are way too young... and so do I. I have in the back of my mind I met my husband when I was 20, but he was already a soldier, working fulltime.

So that is my female mind working - IF they end up together, it might be from God throwing the spanner in the works at this point in time. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
One of my favourite clips that helped me understand the challenges of personal interractions with people very different to ourselves...