Unveiled Faces

JoChris

Superstar
During being away from this forum for several months I have spent time reading OT books I hadn't read for many years. How different the Book of Leviticus is when viewed through the lense of Hebrews. I realised the need for holiness and obedience and separation from worldly things in a new way.I am happy to type that I finally feel accepted in my small church as well.

Last Sunday my pastor reminded us that Christians should be involved in evangelism. It was a gentle rebuke to all of us. It reminded me that I need to reach the lost as well. As you all well know, this is not a fellowship or in-house forum of the ordinary variety. So this time I will be more focused on important issues.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I wasn't sure where the best place to post this talk up to, but there is so much in it that perhaps this one is the right spot.

God bless my brothers and sisters in all your time zones! Maranatha.

JoChris

Superstar
Some sad news from a few weeks back has been on my mind today. My little sister who got married only in September last year called to let me know her marriage has broken down. Short version: she checked her ex-husband's mobile phone and he had been seeing other women whenever she was out of town (part of her job). It had happened earlier in the month but she just didn't want to tell us until she had decided what to do.

My heart is aching for her. She is too far away for me to see her. She is not a Christian and she is in a very high responsibility job. So fellow Christians, please pray that God draws "Kat" to Him through this difficult time of her life, and she becomes born again through faith in Jesus.

How blessed those of us who have stable marriages are! How easy it is to take each other for granted and nitpick over our spouse's faults and personal idiosyncrasies, ignoring our own. Please thank God and each other for being together through thick-and-thin.

llleopard

Established
Some sad news from a few weeks back has been on my mind today. My little sister who got married only in September last year called to let me know her marriage has broken down. Short version: she checked her ex-husband's mobile phone and he had been seeing other women whenever she was out of town (part of her job). It had happened earlier in the month but she just didn't want to tell us until she had decided what to do.

My heart is aching for her. She is too far away for me to see her. She is not a Christian and she is in a very high responsibility job. So fellow Christians, please pray that God draws "Kat" to Him through this difficult time of her life, and she becomes born again through faith in Jesus.

How blessed those of us who have stable marriages are! How easy it is to take each other for granted and nitpick over our spouse's faults and personal idiosyncrasies, ignoring our own. Please thank God and each other for being together through thick-and-thin.
Oh no! that is totally rotten. Will pray.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Jesus is indeed a spirit. We as people all have spirit. We're part of same nature.
Colossians 1

24 I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church, 25 of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God, 26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints. 27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. 29 To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily.

Bacsi

Star
Colossians 1

24 I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church, 25 of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God, 26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints. 27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. 29 To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily.
This is nonesense. Totally false. Paul was a little "coo-coo". His epistles are unnecessarily wordy and self-contradicting. Take Romans, for example. Intellectually very low quality work. He keeps repeating same things over and over, as if that will magically make those untrue things true.

Jesus was smarty pants - truly godly man. Paul was weak and confused. The gospels and the epistles must not have been bound together in one volume. It's an insult to the genius of Jesus. Paul has ruined Jesus's brilliant teaching into a cheap cult...

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
This is nonesense. Totally false. Paul was a little "coo-coo". His epistles are unnecessarily wordy and self-contradicting. Take Romans, for example. Intellectually very low quality work. He keeps repeating same things over and over, as if that will magically make those untrue things true.

Jesus was smarty pants - truly godly man. Paul was weak and confused. The gospels and the epistles must not have been bound together in one volume. It's an insult to the genius of Jesus. Paul has ruined Jesus's brilliant teaching into a cheap cult...
Check the OP @Bacsi - to you as a shamanic person the ideas of Paul are nonsense, but I have to politely but firmly disagree with you.

JoChris

Superstar

This is a Christian fellowship thread. WHEN you become a Christian you are more than welcome to make entries here.

Please start a separate debate thread on your topic. Thanks in advance.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It is very sad. She had been previously married (too young), no serious long-term relationships until she met her now ex in her mid 30s.
Very unfair - definitely pray God will make good come from this relationship breakdown.
From my experience it sometimes takes everything we have built up to come tumbling down before we get to the point of actually realising we are not the centre of things.

I'm my own life, about five years ago events and my own sinful, willful heart led me to a crash. Literally everything went wrong - relationships, business, health even my shallow faith were all in tatters.

I remember listening to an oldie by Elvis at that time and the words really came through...

Bacsi

Star
This is a Christian fellowship thread. WHEN you become a Christian you are more than welcome to make entries here.

Please start a separate debate thread on your topic. Thanks in advance.
No. This forum is open to all people. Please don't take a role of a censor. It's not nice at all.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
No. This forum is open to all people. Please don't take a role of a censor. It's not nice at all.
I think what Jo meant was that your comments were somewhat off topic. E.g. if the topic were space exploration, and someone wanted to concentrate of flat earth ideas it would, even if the person had good intentions, steer the conversation away from the OP. If you want to discuss a perceived mismatch between Paul and Jesus you could always start a topic about it as I know there are people on this forum who enjoy debating those kind of ideas.

Aero

Superstar
When I was a kid at vacation bible school I took Jesus into my heart. Idk if that saved me, but I think it's important. It's like the one thing I remember that wasn't some huge glorification of Christ. Like why is Jesus a Lord? I've never been able to understand that.

There doesn't seem to be a Lord Jesus in my heart. And I think I would know. I'm just saying I think that's where Christianity goes too far. It became self indulgent.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
When I was a kid at vacation bible school I took Jesus into my heart. Idk if that saved me, but I think it's important. It's like the one thing I remember that wasn't some huge glorification of Christ. Like why is Jesus a Lord? I've never been able to understand that.

There doesn't seem to be a Lord Jesus in my heart. And I think I would know. I'm just saying I think that's where Christianity goes too far. It became self indulgent.
"Lordship" is an acknowledgement of authority. For many years, I was a "Christian" but tbh, I was also Lord.

Sometimes it is hard to surrender the steering wheel, and sometimes you have to lose your way to ask for help and surrender the drivers seat.

Last edited:

Bacsi

Star

Jesus himself never required to perform such strange actions. His message was pure and simple. Do to others what you want others do to you. People twisted his teaching so much that they derived to all kinds of weird doctrines and practices far away from the original.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Jesus himself never required to perform such strange actions. His message was pure and simple. Do to others what you want others do to you. People twisted his teaching so much that they derived to all kinds of weird doctrines and practices far away from the original.
When in doubt about the teachings of the church, read the Bible. Far better to get your understanding of what Jesus did or didn't say from the organ grinder rather than the monkey!