Unveiled Faces

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I'm off for a week on holiday so I will be back 1st September... I don't know what the wi-fi will be like while I'm away and I haven't got roaming data on my phone but I hope you all have a good week whatever you are doing!

I just listened to this - How great is our God?

JoChris

Superstar
Yesterday one of the shiftworkers took the adult bible study and he made an interesting comparison between Abraham and Nabal and how they used their words made all the difference. Passages used: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+23&version=KJV
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+samuel+25+&version=KJV
Abraham approached others with humility and meekness, Nabal said angry and prideful words. Their words bore fruit alright - in Nabal's case it caused his own physical death.

It was convicting for me - do I use words with caution at all times? Do I approach others with Abraham's modesty and care? With God's help I pray that I will grow in caution and tactfulness, I will choose my words thinking of others more than what I want to say.

JoChris

Superstar
After a recent incident on this forum this passage came to my mind: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+8:9-25&version=KJV
Simon of Magus was supposed to be a convert to Christ but by his conduct he revealed he was not. This verse stung:
23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

Then I remembered another one:
Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

How tempting bitterness is! How easy it is to justify and defend it, to make it excusable in your own individual case. It is spiritual poison no matter how good it tastes at the time. How ugly and repulsive it can make a person become if they choose to never repent. Other people will eventually get poisoned too if they become or stay close to you.

Simon of Magus is thought by some to be one of the first serious heretics of the first century, leading many away from Christ. http://www.truechristianministries.net/great_falling_away/05heresy/05heresy.htm

----
Heavenly Father, please forgive me for justifying bitterness in my heart towards a certain family member. I saw the end result of bitterness yesterday and I never want to become what that person now is. I don't have the right to do what you command against, and I am sorry it has taken so long for me to realise that in my heart as well as my mind. I pray that you miraculously heal my heart and prevent me from falling into that temptation towards them again, in Jesus' name.

JoChris

Superstar
This week will have mixed emotions for me:

I will be seeing my baby sister marry her Prince Charming - YAY. Much better late than never. :)
However it will also mean seeing people I would never choose to see otherwise. People certainly do not choose their own relatives.

Now I certainly understand the need for God's wisdom more than ever. How should I behave to both glorify God and share happiness amongst people with totally different belief systems to me?

God please help me trust that you have every occurrence and personal interaction planned out on this special day. Please give me your peace during this day of "organised chaos".

llleopard

Established
I am really excited (and also somewhat eeeeeeek) because I asked if I could do a 10min preaching slot, and our pastor didn't even look surprised and just said 'yes, send me an outline and I'll book you in sometime in november'. !!!!!!!! I have joined in with Rhino''s preaching on a few occasions, but this is the first time I will get up there on my own. wow. this is a Loooooooong way from my upbringing where women wore headscarves and could not speak in church.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I am really excited (and also somewhat eeeeeeek) because I asked if I could do a 10min preaching slot, and our pastor didn't even look surprised and just said 'yes, send me an outline and I'll book you in sometime in november'. !!!!!!!! I have joined in with Rhino''s preaching on a few occasions, but this is the first time I will get up there on my own. wow. this is a Loooooooong way from my upbringing where women wore headscarves and could not speak in church.
You will be great!

Camidria

Veteran
That is wonderful news!! May your preaching be so anointed! :)

llleopard

Established
Hi people :) I wrote somewhere back in December that I was getting the chance to preach at my church.....well I have done so TWICE now oh wow. The first time they gave me a 10 minute slot during a series about being Children of God, so I spoke on the difference between Children and Sons. Then I was asked to speak for 20 min during our current series on Faith/hope/Love, so I was able to do a deeper word on God's plan of love - starting at the fall and relating it to food (I know that sounds weird, but it does make sense) all the way to revelation.
I have been pleasantly astonished by the positive feedback from many people - a few said it was the best Teaching they'd ever heard in our church. So praise God for that and I hope for more opportunities to come. Very humbling. Eeeek.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Hi people :) I wrote somewhere back in December that I was getting the chance to preach at my church.....well I have done so TWICE now oh wow. The first time they gave me a 10 minute slot during a series about being Children of God, so I spoke on the difference between Children and Sons. Then I was asked to speak for 20 min during our current series on Faith/hope/Love, so I was able to do a deeper word on God's plan of love - starting at the fall and relating it to food (I know that sounds weird, but it does make sense) all the way to revelation.
I have been pleasantly astonished by the positive feedback from many people - a few said it was the best Teaching they'd ever heard in our church. So praise God for that and I hope for more opportunities to come. Very humbling. Eeeek.
Do you have an mp3 or YouTube you can share? Love to hear what you had to say!

JoChris

Superstar
Hey!!! I'm doing great! Back.... mmmmm perhaps, more lurking a bit and watching those great videos you and Elsbet posted on the Nephilim! I've been so busy with my business that time has been flying like crazy!
I am tentatively back now, considering my focus etc. Good to see regular Christians still here.