Unresolved Questions About God.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Are our birth & existence planned by God?
Are our place of birth & time of birth chosen by God?
Are our family which we are born into chosen by God?

Lisa

Superstar
Well He creates our inmost being does knit us together inside our mothers womb. I believe He also knows all our days as well. I was reading about an 111 year old man who smokes like 12 cigars a day...I'm convinced we are here for as long as God plans us to be not how well we take care of ourselves.

Lisa

Superstar
If you don't take care of yourself, you will die.
Well, I do know of a man who's been a drug addict and now is just an alcoholic...he's in his 50's and going strong. He smokes too.

Then there was George Burns, smoked his daily cigars and drank too, lived to be 100 or so...

Sometimes though people die trying drugs one time...

Doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason except God knows how long your time is on earth.

Damien50

Star
Well, I do know of a man who's been a drug addict and now is just an alcoholic...he's in his 50's and going strong. He smokes too.

Then there was George Burns, smoked his daily cigars and drank too, lived to be 100 or so...

Doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason except God knows how long your time is on earth.
Biology maybe? Probably.

Lisa

Superstar
Biology maybe? Probably.
Or....
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.
Psalms 139:16

Damien50

Star
Or....
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.
Psalms 139:16
Psalm 139:16 KJV
Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
I don't think so.
Life is random, right?

It depends on lucky-or-unluckiness of this man.

Someone was very unlucky being born as a gentile in pagan family in the middle of nowhere in pre-historic times.
God must hate him/her.

Mr. Blah

Veteran

My father is a heavy smoker but still alive until today.
He is 77 and has no signs of having cancer.

Damien50

Star
Genetic mutations for sure.

Epigenetics.
Agreed. I see no point in God giving a woman and man the necessary biological functions only for Him to have to do work in the womb. I believe the related verse in psalms is generally taken out of context.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Psalm 139:16 KJV
Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
She quoted the NASB version.

Lisa

Superstar
Besides God's plan, we need to maintain our health, right?
Some people don't seem to need to was all I was saying and they live a long time...that seems to go against people needing to maintain their health.