University Pulls Article on Gender Dysphoria Study Due to Accusations of Transphobia

Aero

Superstar
You're the one who presented 'a survey' as fact, so now I'm just asking for you to back it up with some actual facts. Where can we find this survey?
I pointed out a surveys existence. And it does exist. So that makes it a fact.

The fact that it exists doesn't necessarily make it true. But that's the point of an argument. Plus the idea of discrimination isn't a new thing. The patterns are pretty obvious. You are straw-manning the smallest and weakest part of my argument.

I want that last sentence to sink in. If you mischaracterize to weaken something that's already weak it says something about you. It means you are a group thinker. Going for a degree in nitpicking 101.

Aero

Superstar
And this is exactly why I question everything these days and don't take accusations on blind faith [which applies to the Ariana Grande thread, as well]. You have thrown out a survey complete with accusations against the police, and we're just supposed to take your word for it... why? By not being willing or able to answer valid questions about something YOU chose to put out there, it makes your arguments as a whole untrustworthy. I didn't do that to you. You did that to you.
Wow.

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/Jacksonville-LGBT-Report.pdf

Here's the survey for you all you nut pickers. Took 2 seconds to find on Google. Google is your friend, I'm not.

Bacsi

Star
The study is freely visible on their website. It isn't censored. People are rightfully questioning the flawed and unscientific methods the study used and it is being reevaluated.
Good!!!!!! Then why the OP says the Uni pulled the article? Where did it pull it from? I'm totally confused now.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
Your initial statement regarding the linked report:
"In a survey of transgender people, 65 percent of Florida's respondents say police have mistreated them. And if the cops are treating them poorly, it's safe to assume this is a vulnerable population."

That is not correct. It was not a survey of TG people. While it included TG's, it was not exclusively TG:
"Approximately 13.5% of respondents in the sample were transgender or other gender minorities which was close to the study’s target sample goal of 15%."

Claims of mistreatment by police in the survey:
"Respondents were also asked about their interactions with local law enforcement. More than a third of respondents (36.6%) reported that they had interacted with the police or other law enforcement officers in the past year (not shown). Among those who reported interacting with law enforcement in Northeast Florida in the past year, 11.4% reported they were treated unfairly because of their race or ethnicity; 19.7% reported they were treated unfairly because of their sexual orientation; 6.6% reported they were treated unfairly because of their transgender status, 17.0% reported they were treated unfairly because of their sex; and 11.5% reported they were treated unfairly because of their gender expression".

To break it down:
- Total respondents: 671 [17 were excluded from the original 688]
- 36.6% of the 671 reported an interaction with the police
- 6.6% of the 36.6% were TG and reported unfair treatment by police

I'm not seeing how you got to 65% of TG people were mistreated by Florida police in this particular survey. My point: It's really easy to misinterpret or misrepresent a survey to promote an agenda or opinion, and unless you can show otherwise, I feel like that's what you did here.

If you're quoting a survey, study, or news article, don't be shocked and appalled when people 'dare' to ask for your source. It's your responsibility to provide backup for your sourced statements. Not sure how you don't know that by now.
I dont remember where the 65% figure came from. But I did read it on an article about that specific study.

Props for actually reading my source though. Most people don't so I wont waste my time. And nobody here is expected to back up any of their facts anyway. Youtube is proof of everything these days.