UK News - Fire chiefs have removed Fireman Sam from promo material....

JoChris

Superstar
Do any of you remember this cute TV character from your childhood/ keeping your noisy kids quiet on rainy days period of your life?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=ELwJ0Qf-S0JWZWcWR7JJFr4g

".....FIRE chiefs have banned much-loved children’s TV character Fireman Sam — for being a man. Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue service has axed the 30-year-old favourite from promo material saying he is too male and puts off women from joining up...."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9903284/fire-chiefs-ban-fireman-sam-diversity/

---
Any predictions of which mascot will be next in line to be removed from advertising campaigns etc because "they are too male" for the PC Elite?

JoChris

Superstar

Thunderian

Superstar
Yes, I found that story via Titania McGrath's Twitter account and it was too good not to give. :) It is a shocking news story though.

How many classic childhood TV show, book and movie characters are not going to become familiar to 21st century kids thanks to this in slow motion censorship of traditional characters?
Nothing — nothing — stands up to cancel culture scrutiny. It would be funny if it wasn’t so tragically stupid.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
This is sad news. That claymation series looked like a healthy and friendly way to introduce children to both fire safety and volunteer/career opportunities. For me, the tip-off that this is about agenda and not inclusion or equality is that rather than introducing new characters to spread the good word via true diversity, they just want to axe a successful public outreach program altogether instead of growing its presence in a balanced, healthy manner.

Lisa

Superstar
Just goes to show that the generations before were ignorant...

HealingHugs

Established
Oh please, it's just another bullcrap story put out by the powers that be to cause more divide and psychological warfare on us all. I doubt Fireman Sam puts anyone off joining the fire brigade. Don't be suckered in.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Unfortunately it's not a bullcrap story given that Fireman Sam has really been banned because 'diversity'. Whether anyone believes the lame excuse given for the ban is another issue.
I got the impression HealingHugs was saying that the rational put forth for the ban was false because of how unlikely it is that Fireman Sam actually prevented anyone from pursuing a career as a first responder. I got the impression they were agreeing that the ban wasn't necessary.