U.S. school fails Christian student for refusing Islamic prayer also taught Muslims' faith is stronger than Christians'

Allegra

Veteran
US soon will be a goner... this is so wrong. God bless this student Caleigh Wood.

“As a Christian and 11th-grader at La Plata High School in Maryland, Caleigh Wood was taught that ‘Most Muslims’ faith is stronger than the average Christian.’ She was also required to profess in writing, the Islamic conversion creed, ‘There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.’ Ms. Wood believed that it is a sin to profess by word or in writing, that there is any other god except the Christian God. She stood firm in her Christian beliefs and was punished for it. The school refused her request to opt-out or give her an alternative assignment. She refused to complete her anti-Christian assignment and consequently received a failing grade,” the legal team explained Wednesday.
Honestly, not gonna sugarcoat anything and be super bluntly speaking, I'd rather lose my life than denying Jesus Christ the Son of God and the Messiah.

https://www.wnd.com/2019/05/u-s-school-fails-student-for-refusing-to-recite-islamic-prayer/
https://www.stripes.com/christian-student-loses-court-challenge-to-school-history-lesson-on-islam-1.568470

DavidSon

Star
Shouldn't the title read "US Court "fails" Christian student?"

"Still the court found the slide did not advocate a particular belief system and was relevant to the overall secular lessons being taught."

And? You're against education about world religions? Just what we need, more uneducated evangelicals. Also no hyperbole needed, the US is already a goner.

Funny to link to a US military webpage. Hysteria against Islamic families and division among the religions is one of the most powerful devices the ruling class uses against us. Dis-information is fueling the war machine as 55% of our taxes pay for weapons, private contractors, etc. Any of the recent "news" pieces targeting Islam is really propaganda to threaten a war with Iran (while the US sucks up to the wicked Saudi regime).

If there's anything worth taking away from the article it's this:

What type of Christian parent allows their child to do that to their face? Personally I consider this more blasphemous to the Creator than a fill-in-the-blank lesson on Islam. You think Yeshua would condone painting your eyebrows like a clown? This is the folly that might cause a teacher to state Muslims in general exhibit more faith, just saying.

Allegra

Veteran
And? You're against education about world religions?
I'm coming from a multicultural country with majority are muslim and religions are the core of everything esp Islam. We learned about other religions in general but we were never told to write down something like this in our education, something to profess another religion.

Also what happened to Constitutional law separation of state and religion?

What type of Christian parent allows their child to do that to their face? Personally I consider this more blasphemous to the Creator than a fill-in-the-blank lesson on Islam. You think Yeshua would condone painting your eyebrows like a clown? This is the folly that might cause a teacher to state Muslims in general exhibit more faith, just saying.
Also whats wrong with wearing make up?
1 Samuel 16:7b: “The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

JoChris

Superstar

"Still the court found the slide did not advocate a particular belief system and was relevant to the overall secular lessons being taught."

And? You're against education about world religions? Just what we need, more uneducated evangelicals. Also no hyperbole needed, the US is already a goner.
If a high school decided to make all students do calligraphy of this verse:

1558338137363.png

And a Muslim student protested because it is blasphemous for Muslims, would you also hold the same position if the court basically said in translation "tough, do it or fail"?

blasphemy
NOUN
mass noun
  • The action or offence of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.
    ‘he was detained on charges of blasphemy’
    count noun ‘he was screaming incomprehensible blasphemies’
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/blasphemy

Nothing about use (or misuse) of make-up or fashion there. Strange that.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

Funny to link to a US military webpage. Hysteria against Islamic families and division among the religions is one of the most powerful devices the ruling class uses against us. Dis-information is fueling the war machine as 55% of our taxes pay for weapons, private contractors, etc. Any of the recent "news" pieces targeting Islam is really propaganda to threaten a war with Iran (while the US sucks up to the wicked Saudi regime).

I suspect you have no teenage daughters, @DavidSon - almost all of them seem to love watching beauty vlogs and fill in their eyebrows! I detect no blasphemy in make-up (even when it’s a bit strong). I find the things people pick up on their “yes, but...” responses very interesting. It is usually a pretty good indication of the strength of their arguments.

DavidSon

Star
I'm coming from a multicultural country with majority are muslim and religions are the core of everything esp Islam. We learned about other religions in general but we were never told to write down something like this in our education, something to profess another religion.

Also what happened to Constitutional law separation of state and religion?

Also whats wrong with wearing make up?
1 Samuel 16:7b: “The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”
I hear you. I can agree with some parts of the statements made in the article- from the courts, school-board, and family. In the court's opinion the slides depiction of the strength of Muslim faith was found to be "inappropriate." It should be noted the slide is no longer used in the school's curriculum. But I think sadly people skim over a quote like this:

"Charles Haynes, founding director of the Religious Freedom Center at the Newseum in Washington, said the conflation of Islam with terrorism, and the rise of Islamophobia has created a particular "fear and suspicion of how Islam is being treated in public schools."

Since 2002 violence against Muslim countries or individuals has become normalized to the Western conscience and we should see that as a problem as well.

I can agree there is a fine line approaching other people's children. These are teenagers at a public school, not in a chosen college course. Still I'm much more against forcing education about transgenders than basic religious tolerance.

As for MAKE UP like that, yeah I find it offensive. That's not accenting the characteristics nature gave us. Women shaving their eyebrows and painting them on has always disturbed me. It's kind of satanic if you look at it. Same way I feel about cosmetic surgery, it's ant-Christ. They're trying to alter the face of God, their Grandparents genetics. As is said, "the nose knows" haha- and they disrespect themselves. They're honestly victims more than anything.

DavidSon

Star
If a high school decided to make all students do calligraphy of this verse:

View attachment 22123

And a Muslim student protested because it is blasphemous for Muslims, would you also hold the same position if the court basically said in translation "tough, do it or fail"?

blasphemy
NOUN
mass noun
  • The action or offence of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.
    ‘he was detained on charges of blasphemy’
    count noun ‘he was screaming incomprehensible blasphemies’
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/blasphemy

Nothing about use (or misuse) of make-up or fashion there. Strange that.
blas·phe·mous

/ˈblasfəməs/

adjective

1. sacrilegious against God or sacred things; profane.
    "blasphemous and heretical talk "synonyms:sacrilegious, profane, irreligious, irreverent, impious, ungodly, godless, unholy, disrespectful; More

JoChris

Superstar
blas·phe·mous

/ˈblasfəməs/

adjective

1. sacrilegious against God or sacred things; profane.
    "blasphemous and heretical talk "synonyms:sacrilegious, profane, irreligious, irreverent, impious, ungodly, godless, unholy, disrespectful; More
Second line, what you did not highlight.

In caps lock in case you need glasses. BLASPHEMOUS AND HERETICAL TALK.

TALK can be blasphemous, applies to spoken and written words.
Excessive makeup can be a fashion crime, but it is not blasphemy.

JoChris

Superstar
I suspect you have no teenage daughters, @DavidSon - almost all of them seem to love watching beauty vlogs and fill in their eyebrows! I detect no blasphemy in make-up (even when it’s a bit strong). I find the things people pick up on their “yes, but...” responses very interesting. It is usually a pretty good indication of the strength of their arguments.
That is one reason why I am glad I only had sons! I never liked makeup, it clogged the pores in the tropics.

In the 80s overplucked eyebrows were the norm. It had certainly swung to the opposite extreme.

DavidSon

Star
Second line, what you did not highlight.

In caps lock in case you need glasses. BLASPHEMOUS AND HERETICAL TALK.

TALK can be blasphemous, applies to spoken and written words.
Excessive makeup can be a fashion crime, but it is not blasphemy.
blas·phe·my | \ ˈblas-fə-mē \

plural blasphemies

Definition of blasphemy- Miriam-Webster
1a: the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God

2: irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable

Allegra

Veteran
I hear you. I can agree with some parts of the statements made in the article- from the courts, school-board, and family. In the court's opinion the slides depiction of the strength of Muslim faith was found to be "inappropriate." It should be noted the slide is no longer used in the school's curriculum. But I think sadly people skim over a quote like this:

"Charles Haynes, founding director of the Religious Freedom Center at the Newseum in Washington, said the conflation of Islam with terrorism, and the rise of Islamophobia has created a particular "fear and suspicion of how Islam is being treated in public schools."

Since 2002 violence against Muslim countries or individuals has become normalized to the Western conscience and we should see that as a problem as well.

I can agree there is a fine line approaching other people's children. These are teenagers at a public school, not in a chosen college course. Still I'm much more against forcing education about transgenders than basic religious tolerance.

As for MAKE UP like that, yeah I find it offensive. That's not accenting the characteristics nature gave us. Women shaving their eyebrows and painting them on has always disturbed me. It's kind of satanic if you look at it. Same way I feel about cosmetic surgery, it's ant-Christ. They're trying to alter the face of God, their Grandparents genetics. As is said, "the nose knows" haha- and they disrespect themselves. They're honestly victims more than anything.
As a person who is educated to respect all religions in the school since I was a kid, I agree wholeheartedly in teaching of religious tolerance.
However, schools need to draw a line. No one at school ever taught me to say any sacred conversion creed from another religion or recite their prayers or holy books. Ever. What we were taught was the origin or history lesson and the general basic beliefs of a certain religion and that's it.

To respect, educate and reduce the Islamophobia are one thing, but to force students learning a religion DOCTRINE is another thing. That's not how you educate students by looking down upon a religion to make the other look better.

You can educate young people to respect a religion without having to force them to learn about the religion, you know, to the point of it's mandatory to recite their conversion creed and prayers.

This public school is teaching something about Islam that is only taught in Madrasah and Islamic school, not public school.

JoChris

Superstar
blas·phe·my | \ ˈblas-fə-mē \

plural blasphemies

Definition of blasphemy- Miriam-Webster
1a: the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God

2: irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable
I never thought anyone would try so hard to defend their excessive eyebrow makeup = blasphemy claim.

You learn something new every day. Apparently in 2019 fashion crimes (also) = blasphemy.

You should let Oxford dictionary website know they need to update their entry. :)

Lurker

Star
US soon will be a goner... this is so wrong. God bless this student Caleigh Wood.

Honestly, not gonna sugarcoat anything and be super bluntly speaking, I'd rather lose my life than denying Jesus Christ the Son of God and the Messiah.

https://www.wnd.com/2019/05/u-s-school-fails-student-for-refusing-to-recite-islamic-prayer/
https://www.stripes.com/christian-student-loses-court-challenge-to-school-history-lesson-on-islam-1.568470
Damn, next thing you know they'll be teaching Arabic numerals or the creation theory of Catholic priest George Lemaitre.