Two sides to every story - Gay Conversion Therapy

Haich

Superstar
We're becoming morally bankrupt as a collective and it's because we're ignoring the inherent inclination to acknowledge the Creator and refrain from the evil which He forbade.

This was the song of the "Marriage Equality" revolution...

"Born this way"

What I found interesting was the way the song came to be written:-

• Gaga shared her process for writing this equality anthem in an interview with Vogue. "I wrote ['Born This Way'] in 10 f---ing minutes," she explained. "And it is a completely magical message song. And after I wrote it, the gates just opened, and the songs kept coming. It was like an immaculate conception."
  • "Born This Way" specifically references race and sexuality. The song has garnered criticism from some Asian and Hispanic communities, claiming that the lyrics' use of the terms "chola," "Lebanese" and "orient" to describe Latino and Asian communities is offensive and derogatory.
  • The song title was inspired by Carl Bean's 1977 gay disco anthem, "I Was Born This Way."
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=22037
What a blasphemous song.

The racial slurs I just smh at, but what bothers me more, is that she is equating race (which IS something one is born with) with homosexual preference (which is NOT something one is born with).

We are all born straight by design, just as we’re born EITHER male or female. It is how the preservation of the human race is designed.
B501B66E-EE94-4F4D-927A-6D8182EE18B2.jpeg

DA69CE95-1736-4B06-A6B3-EA97FD56C354.jpeg

The worst part of her song is her claiming that God “CREATED” people homo. It’s a lie from the pit of Hell.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What a blasphemous song.

The racial slurs I just smh at, but what bothers me more, is that she is equating race (which IS something one is born with) with homosexual preference (which is NOT something one is born with).

We are all born straight by design, just as we’re born EITHER male or female. It is how the preservation of the human race is designed.
View attachment 12351

View attachment 12352

The worst part of her song is her claiming that God “CREATED” people homo. It’s a lie from the pit of Hell.
Sadly it's a lie the majority of our culture has bought right into!

That is very good, a child always does best with both parents married and together.

You seem to emphasize unselfishness as a key virtue in your family....where do you suppose the characteristic of unselfishness originates?

I ask because, as human beings, we gravitate towards being selfish and putting others’ needs before our own is not something that comes naturally, but is something that must be taught.
It originates with becoming aware of how other people are feeling and then choosing to imagine yourself in the same situation even if you are not feeling the same. (a novel concept for many, I'm sure)

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
On the other hand, perhaps if, after native childhood experiences or abuse, someone finds themselves experiencing unwanted Same-Sex Attraction should they not be allowed to seek help?
Abuse doesn't create homosexuality. This topic has been studied and abuse is not connected with someone's orientation. And If someone feels the need to go to therapy they should see a real licensed therapist that follows the rules of therapy and does real, proven therapeutic methods and doesn't cause the patients any harm or put them into a worse state. These conversion "therapies" are pseudoscientific and have never been proven to work, but they claim that they will 100% turn people straight, even though that doesn't happen. You can go to a real therapist and talk about these things, paying a conversion therapist to basically scam you isn't the best option.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@mecca

"Abuse doesn't create homosexuality. This topic has been studied and abuse is not connected with someone's orientation."

Perhaps it might be clearer to say that abuse doesn't always produce homosexuality, and also that all homosexuality is not rooted in abuse.

I had a friend at uni who made a confession having announced his engagement to a nice girl I knew. He had been brought up by two lesbian witches who had made his life a misery and performed a number of sexual humiliations on him. As a young adult he had sought out relationships with men instead, and given what he had been through I must say I could hardly blame him. The Hegelian dialectic can injure and redirect your sense of self and of your safety with others. It had taken him years to work through SSA and to see him happy with someone he trusted was amazing.

I am not saying every treatment works or everyone is "cured", but from my own experience, some people change some of the time.

elsbet

Superstar
Abuse doesn't create homosexuality.
Cause may be a better word. There is no way to know whether the effects of childhood abuse will manifest as homosexuality, asexuality, eating disorders, alcoholism, anger management issues... or nothing at all (rare, I would be inclined to think). The effects of abuse always seem to come out sideways, though.. no telling what it will be.

This topic has been studied and abuse is not connected with someone's orientation.
By whom? And what was the determining factor?

And If someone feels the need to go to therapy they should see a real licensed therapist that follows the rules of therapy and does real, proven therapeutic methods and doesn't cause the patients any harm or put them into a worse state. These conversion "therapies" are pseudoscientific and have never been proven to work, but they claim that they will 100% turn people straight, even though that doesn't happen. You can go to a real therapist and talk about these things, paying a conversion therapist to basically scam you isn't the best option.
This part, I agree with.

Homosexuality will always be considered am abomination by anyone of faith. It's simply not supported by the basic construction of our anatomies. Anal penetration is what singles out homosexuals but there are heterosexual couples that do it and that is also wrong too.

To violate one's anal space is just incomprehensible and a complete illness in my eyes.

I don't believe anyone should be harmed for something as insignificant as their sexuality but I do welcome safe forms of therapy for those who wish to seek it.

Some may argue why does God have such an issue with homosexuality. It may seem like a insignificant sexual act but the health and societal consequences it carries aren't insignificant. Not to mention the immorality of laying with the same sex.

It's funny, the West used to have this exact stance and now all of a sudden a few psychologists deem it natural and anyone who opposes the act is called a nut or homophobic.

There's absolutely nothing scary about being around gay people. The same way atheists don't accept God, I don't accept it as a natural or sane behaviour for that matter. Free speech only works in the West if we're in favour of the popular opinion. Sometimes liberalism goes to far and we must stay conservative on core values and traditions to ensure the morality and progression of our future generations.
Very well said!

polymoog

Superstar
First of all, being fat and being homosexual aren't the same thing so I don't know why you're bringing it up. Being overweight/obese is a health issue and a doctor should be respectfully recommending ways to resolve that issue so that the patient can be in good physical shape. Doctors do not need to disrespect or shame their patients in order to advise them and help them with their conditions. A doctor should create a positive environment where the patient feels safe, comfortable, and able to talk about their health issues and they feel that they can trust their doctor's advice. Also the professor in that article isn't saying what you claimed she's saying... according that article, the professor said this:

you said telling a gay person that they are wrong and diseased [your term] is stressful and unhealthy. you also claimed that telling them that they are wrong in being attracted to the same sex leads to anxiety and depression.
then i replied to that showing you the lunacy of rehabilitation without stress and anxiety. now do you understand?

[as far as the professors comments are concerned, she is fat virtue signaling. here it is in black and white: the fatter you are, the worse your health will be. case closed. but yes-- thats for another thread.]

It originates with becoming aware of how other people are feeling and then choosing to imagine yourself in the same situation even if you are not feeling the same. (a novel concept for many, I'm sure)
Yes, empathy, I am aware of that. But I’m asking WHY you would be empathetic?

You said your son follows your rules because he sees the “benefits”, but that is not a moral judgment. Yet, Being unselfish IS.

How is it that you would want to instill moral values without moral absolutes if morality is relative?

Apart from God, there are no moral absolutes. It’s all relative to the person’s own wants & desires.

Um, it's a simple personal choice. Shocking that this completely escapes you. :rolleyes: LOL It's purely personal choice, so you cannot speak for everyone just because you would happen to choose differently. The reason you won't understand is probably because you seem to want to completely avoid the personal responsibility of choosing one way or the other.

You said your son follows your rules because he sees the “benefits”, but that is not a moral judgment. Yet, Being unselfish IS.
No, it's a simple yes or no choice that we are faced with making. Scary, eh? The only other choice is to be selfish. Sooner or later you will need to choose one or the other.

How is it that you would want to instill moral values without moral absolutes if morality is relative?
You don't seem to understand (or you are trying to gloss over) the fact that empathy is something that completely transcends cultural norms and ethical codes.

Apart from God, there are no moral absolutes. It’s all relative to the person’s own wants & desires.
OOHhhhhhh such a scary thought right? LOL you are only displaying your own fear of the world. I do not share this fear, sorry.

elsbet

Superstar
Um, it's a simple personal choice. Shocking that this completely escapes you. :rolleyes: LOL It's purely personal choice, so you cannot speak for everyone just because you would happen to choose differently. The reason you won't understand is probably because you seem to want to completely avoid the personal responsibility of choosing one way or the other.

No, it's a simple yes or no choice that we are faced with making. Scary, eh? The only other choice is to be selfish. Sooner or later you will need to choose one or the other.

You don't seem to understand (or you are trying to gloss over) the fact that empathy is something that completely transcends cultural norms and ethical codes.

OOHhhhhhh such a scary thought right? LOL you are only displaying your own fear of the world. I do not share this fear, sorry.
Empathy may *transcend* moral codes, but not everyone is endowed with the same measure of empathy as you and your wife.

Empathy, is a spiritual gift if we're being honest. Often it depends on ones Life Experiences.

Empathy may *transcend* moral codes, but not everyone is endowed with the same measure of empathy as you and your wife.

Empathy, is a spiritual gift if we're being honest. Often it depends on ones Life Experiences.
Nonsense. Patterns of thought, no matter how habitual and repetitive, can always be changed. They are simple choices/behaviors, not something we are at the mercy of. Again, people love to come up with excuses to give themselves permission to avoid personal responsibility such as you have just done.

EDIT to add that one's circumstances do not make any difference whatsoever. The only thing that matters is how you personally choose to DEFINE your circumstances. :)

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
Nonsense. Patterns of thought, no matter how habitual and repetitive, can always be changed. They are simple choices/behaviors, not something we are at the mercy of. Again, people love to come up with excuses to give themselves permission to avoid personal responsibility such as you have just done.

EDIT to add that one's circumstances do not make any difference whatsoever. The only thing that matters is how you personally choose to DEFINE your circumstances. :)
Not everyone believes that Empathy falls under personal responsibility. Though I would think that tempering ones tendency toward Sanctimony certainly does.

:)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

I think C.S Lewis puts his finger on the issue here:-

8daa368f2332e189cd4bb76871304bc2.jpg

Not everyone believes that Empathy falls under personal responsibility.
Obviously. I agree that there are many who have instead chosen selfishness, and also many others who have not chosen either way. These are the lukewarm fence-sitters.
Though I would think that tempering ones tendency toward Sanctimony certainly does.

:)
Hey, sorry for pointing out the holes in your ideas. My apologies if it seemed like I was attacking you personally.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
Obviously. I agree that there are many who have instead chosen selfishness, and also many others who have not chosen either way. These are the lukewarm fence-sitters.
Hey, sorry for pointing out the holes in your ideas. My apologies if it seemed like I was attacking you personally.
I didn't offer any ideas, so no offense taken.

I just dont agree with you on a few of yours.