Two more months! Going crazy.

Maes17

Superstar
Ok baby is due in August.
Kinda been in freak out mode since saturday. Especially after Albuquerque being national attention with a riot shooting, stuff is hitting close to home.

Talks of a possible second shutdown.
Will I have job? Etc.

I feel like I’m going crazy. My mind is definitely racing lol.

Normal? Not normal?
Sorry. Just letting out thoughts

Maes17

Superstar
I'd worry about you if you weren't going crazy. Just don't go so crazy that you name him Covid. ;)
I wasn’t this bad with our 8 year old.

This time around I feel a bit of uncertainty when August comes around. I’m normally calm and can handle it. Idk, stuff has been kinda sitting in my mind lately.

Just a lot of “what if’s”
Once all this blows over, hopefully. I’ll be at ease.

justjess

Superstar
I wasn’t this bad with our 8 year old.

This time around I feel a bit of uncertainty when August comes around. I’m normally calm and can handle it. Idk, stuff has been kinda sitting in my mind lately.

Just a lot of “what if’s”
Once all this blows over, hopefully. I’ll be at ease.
One day at a time. You can’t control what’s coming all you can do is deal with what is. Try to breathe. You’ll be fine.

Maes17

Superstar
One day at a time. You can’t control what’s coming all you can do is deal with what is. Try to breathe. You’ll be fine.
I’m trying lol.
I’m sure everything will be fine. Have a weird sense of urgency going on in my head. Monday’s events in Albuquerque made me frustrated as well. Knowing something bad happening in my city.

But yes trying to stay calm as I can.

justjess

Superstar
I’m trying lol.
I’m sure everything will be fine. Have a weird sense of urgency going on in my head. Monday’s events in Albuquerque made me frustrated as well. Knowing something bad happening in my city.

But yes trying to stay calm as I can.
We have lived through unrest before (well not us but as a society), same for virus’s and lockdowns. We’ve made it through. If for some reason we don’t this time... it’s out of our hands anyway. I have two kids, my daughters only two. I get the anxiety. You want to protect them from everything and you want them to have a nice normal safe world to grow up in like we did. God willing that’s possible but if it’s not you’ll do the best you can as a parent and that has to be enough. Don’t go spazzing yourself out about it. All we can do is take it as it comes and roll with the punches.

Maes17

Superstar
We have lived through unrest before (well not us but as a society), same for virus’s and lockdowns. We’ve made it through. If for some reason we don’t this time... it’s out of our hands anyway. I have two kids, my daughters only two. I get the anxiety. You want to protect them from everything and you want them to have a nice normal safe world to grow up in like we did. God willing that’s possible but if it’s not you’ll do the best you can as a parent and that has to be enough. Don’t go spazzing yourself out about it. All we can do is take it as it comes and roll with the punches.
Spot on with the anxiety and providing them protection and a safe world. That’s exactly what is on my mind.

I’m not exactly spazzing out just yet. But have felt the anxiety like you described.

I’m taking it one day at a time though. I have a good support system with my wife, my friend and my brothers

free2018

Star
You are having a kid during the craziest year of your life.
I think you're doing fine, but I am far away from having from my first kid.

Maes17

Superstar
You are having a kid during the craziest year of your life.
I think you're doing fine, but I am far away from having from my first kid.
We had our 8 year old our sophmore year in college. Remember I’m from Albuquerque, my wife is originally from Downey, Ca but grew up in Albuquerque. Her mom’s side also has family in Georgia which is where we ended up in college. I thought that was a crazy time. But no where near as nerve racking as now.

I think when all is said and done. We’ll be fine.
Just with all the recent events. It has played with my mind. It really hit me Saturday night. We were lying down. Feeling the baby move around. Then something in my head just went “oh fuck! Then all these what if’s

free2018

Star
We had our 8 year old our sophmore year in college. Remember I’m from Albuquerque, my wife is originally from Downey, Ca but grew up in Albuquerque. Her mom’s side also has family in Georgia which is where we ended up in college. I thought that was a crazy time. But no where near as nerve racking as now.

I think when all is said and done. We’ll be fine.
Just with all the recent events. It has played with my mind. It really hit me Saturday night. We were lying down. Feeling the baby move around. Then something in my head just went “oh fuck! Then all these what if’s
I hear you, homie, but I stand by what I said.
This is the craziest year of our lives and it is only half over.
The having children bit is something I have no experience with at all up until now.

Maes17

Superstar
I hear you, homie, but I stand by what I said.
This is the craziest year of our lives and it is only half over.
The having children bit is something I have no experience with at all up until now.
It’s a crazy year for sure.
Being a parent is rewarding. Comes with a lot of worries as well