Twitter employees paid to access your dm's and more

rainerann

Star
Well isn't this fascinating. I have a preview of the book on my Kindle at the moment that is linked in the video. I feel it is premature to say anything more than that I am glad I don't have a Twitter account, but I am interested in researching this subject further. Thanks for sharing this.

Illuminized

Established
Social media is gradually losing it's glossy veneer. It'd seem net neutrality was a diversion. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter are increasing their surveillance, ghost banning, censorship, and general breach of privacy. The alternatives aren't better off either. They generally become safe havens for Alt-Right and cranks. It's quite deplorable.

mecca

Superstar
Social media is gradually losing it's glossy veneer. It'd seem net neutrality was a diversion. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter are increasing their surveillance, ghost banning, censorship, and general breach of privacy. The alternatives aren't better off either. They generally become safe havens for Alt-Right and cranks. It's quite deplorable.
Yeah and it's really sad because social media can be a great tool or just a cool/fun thing... but now there are beginning to be a lot of problems.

Illuminized

Established
Yeah and it's really sad because social media can be a great tool or just a cool/fun thing... but now there are beginning to be a lot of problems.
I've long observed that people generally go off-the-rails while using it. They aren't careful about what they say, they just instantly react or put out what they're thinking about.

It's really astonishing to know that a former Facebook employee and Bill Gates both keep their children from social media.

rainerann

Star

The shadow banning Cruz is referring to is explained in a video on the Project Veritas site. One of the engineers explains there are algorithms that search for conservative keywords to remove or hide them. Honestly, the guy sounds like he is just supporting his job and doing what he is told to do. Although, it is still censorship in black and white regardless of what your motivations are.

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/03/12/cruz-grills-twitter-director/