Turning a blind eye to breast implant illness

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Funny to stumble across this thread. I just got back from the gym. There is a girl that workouts out with breast and butt implants. Just a huuuge turn off
Ugh so sad. If she's willing to work out to get a better physique then why get the implants in the first place? I cannot imagine what she might experience some time from now due to her getting a double whammy of implants :-( If I was there I would tell her that if she starts feeling sick or off then I would question the implants right away.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Also happened to a friend of my mom's. She ended up being diagnosed with breast cancer within the first ten years of getting her implants.

That cannnot be too comfortable. I'd be terrified of something popping that's not supposed to.
Thank you for sharing Robin, there is no doubt that the risk is too great and the correlation is not a coincidence.
It's scary to think that once that implant gets popped how the body is flooded with this substance and I cannot imagine how sick a woman must feel when that happens. I would think that woman would need to do a detox for a long time to get all that stuff out.
I seriously Cannot fathom how a woman is able to live with something like that in her body though with the risk that it may pop or leak.

manama

Star
It's scary to think that once that implant gets popped how the body is flooded with this substance and I cannot imagine how sick a woman must feel when that happens. I would think that woman would need to do a detox for a long time to get all that stuff out.
No, its done through surgery. Detox isn't a thing.

Maes17

Superstar
Ugh so sad. If she's willing to work out to get a better physique then why get the implants in the first place? I cannot imagine what she might experience some time from now due to her getting a double whammy of implants :-( If I was there I would tell her that if she starts feeling sick or off then I would question the implants right away.
She’s very attractive. I don’t understand why the need. She looks fit. But recently every thing is obviously implants. I was like wtf?

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Women should like themselves as they are. Yet I speak as a woman that would like to be hourglass and not pear shaped. It's a smaller pear though. :)
You're so right. It matters what is in the heart and mind but the physical part is a plus. A good head on the shoulders and a down to earth heart is always going to be way preferable than implants and a superficial personality. :) Good head and good heart no matter the shape of the recipient :)

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Looks like they are recalling textured breast implants. There is a link to cancer for these types of implants (not breast cancer -- immune system cancer).

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/27/health/allergan-textured-breast-implant-recall-trnd/index.html
I did read the link and another article on yahoo and it is scary! Cancer of the immune system is new to me, I had never heard of it before. Reminds me of leukemia but this is a totally different thing.
It was even more heart breaking reading about the women that have had the double mastectomy and only got the implants because of that. Now they're facing the difficult decision to have them removed :( I'm speechless.