Turning a blind eye to breast implant illness

Glad 2 know

Veteran
I was reading this interesting article about women and breast implants. They developed symptoms after the surgery and for as long as they had the implants they were seriously ill. Their experiences have been brushed off and the "experts" have said there's no link between implants and illness. Read and see how the "health experts" have turned a blind eye and have ignored these women who have suffered.
It's sad when people are so ill, they know what the cause is or have a hunch and they're ignored like they're crazy or they don't know what they're talking about because "science" doesn't support it. Ignoring the sick and the cause of the sickness is a widespread thing :-(
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6847531/RuPaul-host-former-playmate-thousands-women-breast-implant-illness.html

justjess

Superstar
My sister in law just had hers taken out... weird health issues decades before they were age appropriate. Hopefully they subside soon.

The medical establishment doesn’t disclose or straight out denies a whole lot of things. They suck.

manama

Star
Because those "health experts" are illegal plastic surgeons who have not even finished med school. There are has been alot of discussion on it and alot of "Exposing" after the whole Kartrashian clan spread the disease of "curves are sexy". There was a really good documentary about it, ill try to search it later if I can since i've forgotten the name. Implants are VERY dangerous especially if you don't take care of them.

South Korea is basically the surgery haven but compare the aftercare and precautions and compare it to west and it becomes very very clear what the whole thing in the west truly is. Its nothing more than a beauty industry, it brings money in and money prevents the lawsuits.

Don't get implants and if you do, make sure you are going to a board certified surgeon.
Repeat: Most "doctors" who perform the procedures out in open are NOT doctors, they have no degree.

justjess

Superstar
Oh... she went to a board certified surgeon.

But she got them 11-12 years ago. So a year or two ago when she started popping up with diagnosis common in people twice her age and started to look into it she decided best to get them removed to be safe. We have no proof that’s what caused any of this shit but considering she found case studies etc we are inclined to believe it played a role.

manama

Star
Oh... she went to a board certified surgeon.

But she got them 11-12 years ago. So a year or two ago when she started popping up with diagnosis common in people twice her age and started to look into it she decided best to get them removed to be safe. We have no proof that’s what caused any of this shit but considering she found case studies etc we are inclined to believe it played a role.
Yeah implants aren't 100% safe. You are putting a fluid filled, mostly silicon, balloon under your skin. (Yes i know they aren't actual balloons, just saying) but breasts are very sensitive as they are, slightest injury at the wrong place, at the wrong time can lead to breast cancer. Inserting things into such a place is a recipe for disaster.
Women should already be checking themselves constantly to make sure there is no lump, there is nothing weird going on. Implants just make that impossible.

manama

Star
On that note, everyone (even men) should do the self breast exams every 2 weeks or so, or every time you are about to take a shower/bath. It is very easy to do and while not as effective as a mammogram (obviously), can save your life and alot of trouble and pain later on.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Because those "health experts" are illegal plastic surgeons who have not even finished med school. There are has been alot of discussion on it and alot of "Exposing" after the whole Kartrashian clan spread the disease of "curves are sexy". There was a really good documentary about it, ill try to search it later if I can since i've forgotten the name. Implants are VERY dangerous especially if you don't take care of them.

South Korea is basically the surgery haven but compare the aftercare and precautions and compare it to west and it becomes very very clear what the whole thing in the west truly is. Its nothing more than a beauty industry, it brings money in and money prevents the lawsuits.

Don't get implants and if you do, make sure you are going to a board certified surgeon.
Repeat: Most "doctors" who perform the procedures out in open are NOT doctors, they have no degree.
It's a mix of both, legal and illegal surgeons. Even if women go to a board-certified surgeon they're still putting a foreign object in their body that doesn't belong there.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
On that note, everyone (even men) should do the self breast exams every 2 weeks or so, or every time you are about to take a shower/bath. It is very easy to do and while not as effective as a mammogram (obviously), can save your life and alot of trouble and pain later on.
Great reminder. Thanks

manama

Star
It's a mix of both, legal and illegal surgeons. Even if women go to a board-certified surgeon they're still putting a foreign object in their body that doesn't belong there.
Yes but legal ones know how to put that foreign object and what to do if something goes wrong. Illegal ones will take your money and vanish.

Scars512

Established
Unfortunately doctors rely on medical testing too much these days. They order specific tests but if nothing comes back abnormal, they just chalk it up to a mental illness (especially in women) and write out a prescription for anti-depressants and move on. Before they had all these tests, they had to actually listen to the patient. They diagnosed by what the patient reported. Now, patients are dismissed because they think the "science" of these tests is more reliable than a patient who, while not a medical expert, is an expert on their own body and how they feel.

I had a similar experience with an IUD. It caused me to have severe depression -- like being in a permanent state of PMS, 24/7 (and I have really bad PMS). My doctors swore it couldn't be caused by that. My psychiatrist said other patients told him the same thing and advised me to have it removed if I thought it would help. I did and my depression went away like magic. A year of anti-depressants and therapy didn't help -- but removing the IUD did. Sure, that is just anecdotal -- but it is proof enough for me. A few years ago, they finally came out with a study that shows that the type of IUD I had greatly increased the risk of depression. It was actually a pretty common side effect. The science finally caught up and proved what so many women online had already been talking about in forums trying to figure out why they felt so bad after getting an IUD. Those women really helped cure me -- not a medical doctor.

I never had implants, thank goodness. I wanted them when I was younger but I was too poor to get them. My teenage daughter, though, has made me realize that having large breasts is not the utopia I thought it would be. She is naturally a DDD cup and she wants to have breast reduction surgery when she is older. Clothes don't fit properly and everything looks more risque on her figure than an average one. Running or any kind of activity is painful and her bra straps give out after just a few months because of the weight of her breasts. Poor thing. I can't imagine women purposely trying to get really large breasts when they make life harder. I don't care how sexy they will look if it makes you miserable. Plus, we have a family of breast cancer and it makes it so much harder to detect if you have implants. Completely not worth it.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Thank you so much for sharing your insight and experience Scars. You're absolutely right. Doctors do rely on tests too much instead of actually listening to their patients. After all, it is the patients that are experiencing the symptoms. I wonder if the conduct tests that show a high blood count or anything that indicates that the immune response is definitely up. That is why I really dislike the tests overruling what the patient feels. Whatever happened to common sense and listening? I have heard so many stories of people being told to go to the psychiatrist or psychologist because the symptoms are "in their heads".

In your own experience you knew better what was going on. I'm sorry that your concerns fell on deaf ears. You knew how different you felt when that IUD was inserted and you paid attention to yourself and the side effects. It's very upsetting that you feel and you know what is causing your discomfort and yet the docs tell you that's not it and it must be something else. We're not stupid human beings. Our bodies are not stupid, they know there's something wrong and try to tell us. We connect the dots. I'm so glad others also helped you realize you were not wrong. That is why I don't like Everything Science because a lot of the time it's wrong. We have reasoning, insight and discernment and that helps us get our answers, oh and also our gut instinct.

It's sad that society puts it out there that a woman needs to look a certain way to get looks or approval or to "feel better". I believe women should have counseling so they can build their self-esteem and be happier with themselves instead of rushing into getting a procedure or they should talk to other women who have experience.

I'm sorry about your daughter. I have also heard stories of other women just like your daughter and it must be very extra difficult on some days. I really hope she can get relief as soon as she can, it must be hard to sleep for her to sleep as well. Good point you made about the breast cancer, large breasts are more prone to getting it so it's better to be safe.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
It's all about money for the beauty industry. They'll always put unattainable beauty standards on women to make them feel insecure. The beauty industry is worth billions.
No wonder I'm always hearing commercials on the radio "come get your implants and be ready for your summer look blah blah blah" it is SOOO annoying. Always targeting women, buy makeup, buy face creams, get a lift, buy a depilator, buy the latest shampoo, etc etc etc always pushing women to look good. Yes women should be healthy and look good as a result but it matters more that their self-esteem is in a good place.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Please tell all the women in your life about this, it's really not worth it. I have a friend that had implants and last year she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She's doing better but it was still very scary.

Dalit

Star
Please tell all the women in your life about this, it's really not worth it. I have a friend that had implants and last year she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She's doing better but it was still very scary.
That happened to my mom. A breast lift with implants and breast cancer the next year. The cancer is gone now. Correlation equals causation?

Maes17

Superstar
Funny to stumble across this thread. I just got back from the gym. There is a girl that workouts out with breast and butt implants. Just a huuuge turn off

Robin

Veteran
That happened to my mom. A breast lift with implants and breast cancer the next year. The cancer is gone now. Correlation equals causation?
Also happened to a friend of my mom's. She ended up being diagnosed with breast cancer within the first ten years of getting her implants.
Funny to stumble across this thread. I just got back from the gym. There is a girl that workouts out with breast and butt implants. Just a huuuge turn off
That cannnot be too comfortable. I'd be terrified of something popping that's not supposed to.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Maybe it's just that some women have allergic reaction to material used in those implants. Otherwise 100% of those who had surgery would suffer, right?
Well yes, the body doesn't want that toxic foreign material that is so unnatural it doesn't belong there. All bodies are different, some are more sensitive than others. It could be that 100% of women suffer but we will never know as it is not being reported. I am sure that ANYONE that was exposed to chemicals that the body rejects will suffer at some point.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Wow I am sorry to hear that Dalit and I'm glad she's doing better. Another valuable example for the uneducated ones out there. Women get told "look better, get implants" while not fully informing them of ALL the potential side effects. While some will step back and say "I'll pass it's not worth it" some will go ahead and have to see for themselves.

Have to realize that some things are just not worth risking you health and life for.