Turmeric

My sister sent me the following info about Turmeric -

#Wi-Fi (Devices): Protecting Yourself From Low Dose Radiation Naturally

It is quite simple to avoid the adverse thermal effects presented by laptops. Avoid placing it on your lap, use a nearby table, or place a firm object between your lap and the laptop itself. But what about protecting yourself from low dose Wi-Fi radiation? After all, you can’t exactly avoid internet connectivity forever. Outside of turning off your Wi-Fi when not in use, I recommend consuming a flavorful yet nutritionally powerful spice known as Turmeric.

Turmeric grows wild in the forests of South and Southeast Asia, but you can commonly find it in stores around the world. One of the key ingredients in curry and other Indian dishes, it is also an excellent way to protect yourself against radiation. A radioprotective substance, Turmeric has an extensive body of research highlighting its numerous benefits to your health far exceeding Wi-Fi protection. The negative effects of low dose radiation are coming to light as consumers around the world begin to recognize the dangers. It is through activism and consumer awareness that change will occur, just as with many other health issues.

https://runninginthedark500191842.wordpress.com/2018/09/22/wi-fi-devices-protecting-yourself-from-low-dose-radiation-naturally/

7 Ways to Eat & Drink Turmeric
https://www.thekitchn.com/7-ways-to-eat-drink-turmeric-198696

Interesting if this is true. Perhaps this is why it is not possible to get tired of curry?

Last edited:
I spent a week in India last September and I can attest to the fact one can indeed get tired of curry and turmeric.
Fair enough. I do believe you. That last bit that got added about it being impossible, was silly (and of course not true - was not meant to be taken literally - should have at least made that clear or even better, avoided). I remember from a past friend who was Indian that what they refer to as "mild" curry, was actually found to be quite hot, but their family was used to it and so must have had a much higher tolerance for it. Indeed, if had too often I do see how one would get tired of it.

DesertRose

Superstar
I remember from a past friend who was Indian that what they refer to as "mild" curry, was actually found to be quite hot, but their family was used to it and so must have had a much higher tolerance for it.
:D:D
At about 10 years old I realized that people had different ideas of what is 'mild.'
I went for lunch to my friend from Bangladesh's house and though the curry was super tasty it had me tearing up in no time!
Whereupon, I asked for water and to my utter surprise I was given warm water!
*The key to eating hot curries is to ask for raita, or yogurt or even buttermilk.;):)
As with all things moderation is the key to health and happiness.:p

p.s Turmeric is also good for the skin:

5 Magical Ways Turmeric Can Give You The Best Skin Ever

Edit: @bible_student turmeric tea is having me gagging just thinking about it.....:)

Last edited:
I went for lunch to my friend from Bangladesh's house and though the curry was super tasty it had me tearing up in no time!
Whereupon, I asked for water and to my utter surprise I was given warm water!
*The key to eating hot curries is to ask for raita, or yogurt or even buttermilk.;):)
It was similar! What they would do, is once a year his wife would cook up several curry dishes and they would bring it over to our house. There would be enough food left for almost a week and all of it was super favourful and tasty, but just like you said, we too found it really HOT (despite being assured that this was all very mild curry dishes, to their taste!) :D So it was really funny, as despite their reassurances, we still found it quite hot still, and would tear up but despite this, no doubt it was also very tasty. I think because of this (due to how tasty the food was) it even caused this body to start developing more of a taste tolerance towards some hotter dishes.
At some point, I don't remember exactly when, we similarly discovered that sipping some milk will help a little. :pWill have to remember about your yoghurt tip in future and give it a try sometime. Thanks DesertRose
As with all things moderation is the key to health and happiness.:p
Indeed, no doubt this is true. Thanks for the tips. :)

Vixy

Star
I spent a week in India last September and I can attest to the fact one can indeed get tired of curry and turmeric.
LoL! My indian doc recommended me turmeric and garlic in a paste to eat daily. Imma try it tonight. :p

polymoog

Superstar
turmeric (curcumin is really what we are talking about) is extremely beneficial. everyone should be taking it BUT...
it must be taken dissolved in an oil AND it must be taken with black pepper (piperdine) for it to be absorbed. curcumin content varies from 3 to 7% of the turmeric.

if you cant stand the taste, its available in concentrated capsule form with the black pepper extract included. there is at least one brand that offers nano- curcumin caps which are supposedly even more effective, but ive heard from some sources that consuming anything nano is dangerous as it gets "stuck" inside the cells.
everyone should be consuming it daily in some form: turmeric powder w/coconut or organic EVOO oil on your quinoa (what i usually do), the capsules, or in a smoothie.

Allegra

Veteran
1716FCA7-F34C-44DD-BA76-33822646ED7C.jpeg
If u want to enjoy turmeric try making “Nasi Kuning” or “Yellow Rice”. It’s easy to make and u can enjoy it with eggs (fried or boiled), cucumber, fresh lettuce and fried chicken xD
It’s simple to make the rice u just replace the water with coconut milk and put turmeric powder.

DevaWolf

Veteran
It was similar! What they would do, is once a year his wife would cook up several curry dishes and they would bring it over to our house. There would be enough food left for almost a week and all of it was super favourful and tasty, but just like you said, we too found it really HOT (despite being assured that this was all very mild curry dishes, to their taste!) :D So it was really funny, as despite their reassurances, we still found it quite hot still, and would tear up but despite this, no doubt it was also very tasty. I think because of this (due to how tasty the food was) it even caused this body to start developing more of a taste tolerance towards some hotter dishes.
At some point, I don't remember exactly when, we similarly discovered that sipping some milk will help a little. :pWill have to remember about your yoghurt tip in future and give it a try sometime. Thanks DesertRose

Indeed, no doubt this is true. Thanks for the tips. :)
Milk, yoghurt, cucumber, rice and nan are all ways to cull the heat.

TonyVanDam

Established
I used turmeric on white rice. Turmeric is also use to make "vegan scrabble eggs", which is just tofu being cooked to look like real scrabble eggs.

Although I have not try this for myself yet, turmeric can be used with orange juice.

manama

Star
Since I'm South Asian and turmeric is something I end up eating daily, does this mean I can use 5g? Has my dream of not waiting for the streams to buffer come true?

polymoog

Superstar
And I have been ingesting it wrong for all these years.
well, you werent absorbing nearly as much as you should... it still helped to some degree.

if you are going to buy a turmeric (really, a curcumin) supplement, the most important thing to look for is the mgs of curcuminoids. thats the active ingredient and the most important thing. turmeric powder has between 2 and 7%, so youd need to eat a lot of it if you wanted to eschew the capsules. the piperine, i read, increases absorption 2000%.
most have between 100 and 150 mg of 95% standardized cucurminoids. i think that would be fine for a regular dose, but do your own research. theres a few that have up to 625mg / serving.

theres at least one brand out there selling it which uses nanotechnology to make the particle size so small it easily enters the cell wall. i am against all nanotech (i have a thread on that), but its true that its very effective. the nano brands are often labeled as "ultra high absorption".

polymoog

Superstar
Since I'm South Asian and turmeric is something I end up eating daily, does this mean I can use 5g? Has my dream of not waiting for the streams to buffer come true?
please put your wifi router next to you head for a year and let us know how it works out for you.