Trumps Muslim Ban Allowed

justjess

Superstar
Because it is the ultimate say over the laws in this land and it has become increasingly partisan and divisive over the years which I only see continuing and worsening.

If the current moderate or liberal members die or retire it will be tilted extremely right wing for most of the rest of my life it seems.. this is based on who trump has appointed so far and my opinion that any future openings on the bench would be similar despite who needs to be replaced. Replacing Scalia with a far right winger no biggie - the composition overall remains unchanged. Replacing Kennedy or Ginsberg with a far right winger changes everything.

These are lifetime appointments - we would be stuck with an exceptionally skewed bench for potentially decades. I would have a problem with the democrats doing the same thing - replacing conservative justices or moderate justices with liberals.

rainerann

Star
There has been no presidential nominee that was going to appoint a moderate non partisan judge since Abraham Lincoln maybe. Voting partisan judges is part of allure of campaigning for presidents these days. I would bet that the majority of Clinton supporters wanted Clinton to win so that she would be able to get someone more liberal appointed.

In reality, there should be no partisan liberal or conservative judges to choose from because it defies the actual job description of being a judge to begin with.

The pool to choose from should be all moderate non partisan candidates who occupy the judicial branch which is supposed to interpret law, not create it; and be separate from politics and the need to campaign for your job.

I don't even know if saying moderate and non partisan really defines the way a judge should behave either because it still defines a political position. A judge should have NO political position in upholding the law and should not show favoritism. Stealing is stealing no matter if you are a democrat or republican. Murder is murder no matter if you are democrat or republican. All a judge is supposed to do is make a judgement in cases like this. Politics should not influence the objective of delivering judgement according to established law.

A judge makes decisions according to law in ambiguous cases that are completely different from the way politicians discuss them in congress. They are still dependent on preexisting law that will be used to judge more ambiguous cases.

The judgement cannot still come out of left field. They can't simply make something up the way congress can make up a new law without being dependent on a preexisting law. Congress can draft a health care bill. A supreme court justice is not able to do something like this. They would still have to use a preexisting health care bill to determine whether an ambiguous case could still apply to the conditions outlined in the preexisting law.

justjess

Superstar
I agree with you. I'd have a problem with anyone doing it. Bottom line. What judges should be and what they are differ greatly.

The one Obama had proposed seemed pretty moderate to me. Might not have been. I'm concerned overall.

polymoog

Superstar
Got it but I think there is a war on all tribal peoples, homogeneous societies, the family and religion, when it comes to that regard.....
later....
agreed. wiping out the people in africa is led by bill gates and the gates foundation through vaccinations. the other tribal peoples-- those who held the ancient wisdom and knowledge are all basically wiped out and assimilated. very few of their traditions remain.

polymoog

Superstar
Adding variety to the gene pool isn't genocide. It's called improvement. And the idea that the white gene just disappears in that scenario is wrong. It's super wrong actually.
no. what you are supporting is a world of coffee colored people with the same homogeneous identity. thats not a good thing. when you have everyone with the same exact color, culture, tradition, etc. you lose real diversity.
genetic disorders are due to concentrated, isolated populations that are inbreeding. i am not suggesting any of that. i AM suggesting that when one visits india, he or she sees indians wearing colorful saris, visits germany sees traditional germans at octoberfest, and visits thailand sees ladyboys (just kidding) sees thai people practicing buddhism in chiang mai.
its the distinctivenesses of the human races that make things interesting and fascinating. would you prefer a box of crayons with 120 different colors, or a box with all of the same color in it?

Aero

Superstar
no. what you are supporting is a world of coffee colored people with the same homogeneous identity. thats not a good thing. when you have everyone with the same exact color, culture, tradition, etc. you lose real diversity.
genetic disorders are due to concentrated, isolated populations that are inbreeding. i am not suggesting any of that. i AM suggesting that when one visits india, he or she sees indians wearing colorful saris, visits germany sees traditional germans at octoberfest, and visits thailand sees ladyboys (just kidding) sees thai people practicing buddhism in chiang mai.
its the distinctivenesses of the human races that make things interesting and fascinating. would you prefer a box of crayons with 120 different colors, or a box with all of the same color in it?
I don't support identity politics at all. I feel like we need to move away from that mentality completely. And your ideas about culture just don't match history. People would of already died off if your model was accurate.

Also think patriotism is a disease, and part of the identity problem people are having. Your skin color literally means nothing. It's the most shallow thing ever. It takes all the magic out of your genes and reduces it to a pointless chemical in our bodies.

I'll just drop this in here:

O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of God is the most righteous of you. Indeed, God is Knowing and Acquainted. (Quran 49:13)

DeathlyHallows

Established
I have a good friend who is Muslim, and she is afraid to go home and visit her family (she's had this planned for over a year). She is afraid she won't get back in the country. Her family is in Kenya, and she is a very educated, professional, university professor. She does have a legit fear.