Trump's announcement spammed with disturbing images and curses google-translated in Amharic

shankara

Star
Ethiopia... The Ethiopian Orthodox claim to be in possession of the Ark of the Covenant. Of course there's also the whole Rasta mythology about Haile Selassie and returning to Ethiopia, which I believe they refer to as "Zion".

But using some other alphabet in order to appear "demonic" (like, omg, they don't use latin letters, must be the work of demons...) is rather childish. Also a bad idea in that various languages do have an inherent power, like Sanskrit which is the language of pretty much all mantras. So cursing people in them is an even worse idea than cursing someone in English.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Lol it is just supossed to be apocaliptic, regarding the outlook of things. I've tried to learn this language for fun after seeing these, as I have the objective of learning at least one non-latin alphabet language.

Sunshine

Established
If Amharic is used primarily in religious contexts, is it any wonder that the illumists and their followers have chosen to defile it? I see some blasphemy masquerading as "humor" here. We know they will take any opportunity to degrade Christ, His teachings, His followers. And they have conditioned entire generations to condone, if not revel in their displays of disrespect.

I am sorry, my Ethiopian brothers and sisters, for the disrespect the heathens of the West have shown to you and your language and your beliefs. I don't use Twitter, but can't you file a complaint and get them censured or kicked off? Misusing an entire alphabet to spread hate speech should violate their community standards.