Trumped

Aero

Superstar
Well there's laws kind of like what Trump was talking about already. In Ohio they are handing out a lot of murder charges over heroin and fentanyl. But I don't think they are executing people. If you sell heroin to someone and they die, what do you want to happen? It's actual murder, and the prosecutors could argue it's premeditated. Because we are way beyond anyone not knowing it's a deadly weapon.

The reason we have a drug problem has nothing to do with not killing enough drug dealers though. Like that will never be a solution. It's just the effect of a cause. It's not a big mystery, Americans just like drugs. And they will do literally anything. That's why every single drug has two different types. The poor version, and the rich version. Whatever you can afford, there is a type of crystal meth made just for you.

Maybe we should address how partying culture is totally out of control?

TMT

Star
Well there's laws kind of like what Trump was talking about already. In Ohio they are handing out a lot of murder charges over heroin and fentanyl. But I don't think they are executing people. If you sell heroin to someone and they die, what do you want to happen? It's actual murder, and the prosecutors could argue it's premeditated. Because we are way beyond anyone not knowing it's a deadly weapon.

The reason we have a drug problem has nothing to do with not killing enough drug dealers though. Like that will never be a solution. It's just the effect of a cause. It's not a big mystery, Americans just like drugs. And they will do literally anything. That's why every single drug has two different types. The poor version, and the rich version. Whatever you can afford, there is a type of crystal meth made just for you.

Maybe we should address how partying culture is totally out of control?
We have the worst drug problems of any developed country because our enforcement of drug laws is the strictest in the world, a billion dollars get spent on fighting drugs that only escalates the problems, and no one forces anyone to buy drugs and executing drug dealers is the worst possible idea, most dealers come from poor economic situations with substandard education, and why work for 10 dollars an hour when you make thousands of dollars a week slinging dope?

Aero

Superstar
We have the worst drug problems of any developed country because our enforcement of drug laws is the strictest in the world, a billion dollars get spent on fighting drugs that only escalates the problems, and no one forces anyone to buy drugs and executing drug dealers is the worst possible idea, most dealers come from poor economic situations with substandard education, and why work for 10 dollars an hour when you make thousands of dollars a week slinging dope?
I agree that our justice system is exacerbating the problem as a whole. Minimum mandatory sentencing specifically. We are sending people into jails for drug dealing, and they are still dealing in jail. Or learning to become better dealers. The point is rehabilitation is not really in the mission statement of American justice. It's called punishment, and that's really it.

Drug dealing isn't as lucrative as you make it sound. Sure there are plenty of ballers. But for every baller there are like 20 dealers who are only doing it because they are users. I'm not saying the economy has nothing to do with it. It's just not that easy to become a successful drug dealer. It's in our DNA as Americans to love getting wasted on drugs. I'm saying a better economy will mainly equal better drugs.

Back to the main point though. Rehabilitation should be key to this problem. Because it doesn't really matter why there is such a high demand for drugs. Only that there is, and we should be doing much better. Jail is obviously not working. It's doing more damage to families than most of the drugs themselves. And it really is that simple. Executing drug dealers is stupid, it's barbaric and I can't stand Duerte. But people are dying, and someone has to pay.

TMT

Star
I agree that our justice system is exacerbating the problem as a whole. Minimum mandatory sentencing specifically. We are sending people into jails for drug dealing, and they are still dealing in jail. Or learning to become better dealers. The point is rehabilitation is not really in the mission statement of American justice. It's called punishment, and that's really it.

Drug dealing isn't as lucrative as you make it sound. Sure there are plenty of ballers. But for every baller there are like 20 dealers who are only doing it because they are users. I'm not saying the economy has nothing to do with it. It's just not that easy to become a successful drug dealer. It's in our DNA as Americans to love getting wasted on drugs. I'm saying a better economy will mainly equal better drugs.

Back to the main point though. Rehabilitation should be key to this problem. Because it doesn't really matter why there is such a high demand for drugs. Only that there is, and we should be doing much better. Jail is obviously not working. It's doing more damage to families than most of the drugs themselves. And it really is that simple. Executing drug dealers is stupid, it's barbaric and I can't stand Duerte. But people are dying, and someone has to pay.
Yeah a lot of dealers are just junkies themselves, I know and that takes us back to a social problem, and yes people go to prison and come back as worse criminals all the time, and you're right because the American "justice" system is about revenge and punishment.

But why should someone have to pay?

justjess

Superstar
Im sorry but if your selling heroin or fentenyl to people.. especially if your selling people fentenyl telling them its heroin... maybe u do deserve to be shot.

There should be no empathy for those who prey on the weak and mentally ill. Compassion has its limits. Im broke to, id love to make thousands of dollars a week tax free, who wouldnt? Thats not justification for facilitating someones demise.

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar
I find people who are heavy drugs users usually have no real goal in their lives. When you can sufficiently answer the question "what's the meaning of life" you tend not to be such a drug addict. The other smaller issues are that the majority of drug users come from broken homes, are bored, have too much time on their hands, are abused in some form, and etc. These small problems all lead people away from knowing why they were put on this planet.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
How about the government pays? They're the ones causing the problems.
Yes this, but nobody for criminal justice reform is sucking on Trump's balls.

I hate to be so crude. But I believe in honest assessments. Private jails must bring in a lot of money. And a lot of people respond to that type of dog whistle. The government is investing some money into the opiate "crisis". I think that their efforts will be totally diminished by their hypocrisy though. The government wants people on drugs. Therefore there is no way they can actually solve a problem they 100% want.

I'm fine with capital punishment in theory. I think the threat of it is more useful than the actual practice. Like at least those anti drug countries are showing they are serious. America told us to just say no, and literally smuggled most of the drugs in ourselves. The whole anti drug campaign was literally a mind trick. And the trick was to actually say yes.

justjess

Superstar
The government has no desire to end the drug epidemic.. i dont care what they say. You can walk into the police station with a lost of all the drug dealers in the neighborhood, their license plate number, phone numbers, where they meet for deals, etc.. and the police do nothing. I know because ive done this. Call them with a tip about a gun or welfare fraud and theyre all over it though..

I dont understand the compassion for drug dealers, not even addicts that deal because they KNOW better. I get that its hard out here economically but theres always another option, refusing to engage in that option because youd rather not struggle is not admirable or okay in any way shape or form. Should people have to struggle like this? No. But two wrongs dont make a right and selling people their own fatality should be dealt with more harshly.. they shpile actually flip the rockefeller laws around at this point and take crack off in place of opiates. Or charge for accessory to murder. Idk.

They should 100% go after drs, pharmaceutical companies etc that also facilitate this.. everyone in the life knows that one doctor who will write scripts for nothing.

Kung Fu

Superstar
The government has no desire to end the drug epidemic.. i dont care what they say. You can walk into the police station with a lost of all the drug dealers in the neighborhood, their license plate number, phone numbers, where they meet for deals, etc.. and the police do nothing. I know because ive done this. Call them with a tip about a gun or welfare fraud and theyre all over it though..

I dont understand the compassion for drug dealers, not even addicts that deal because they KNOW better. I get that its hard out here economically but theres always another option, refusing to engage in that option because youd rather not struggle is not admirable or okay in any way shape or form. Should people have to struggle like this? No. But two wrongs dont make a right and selling people their own fatality should be dealt with more harshly.. they shpile actually flip the rockefeller laws around at this point and take crack off in place of opiates. Or charge for accessory to murder. Idk.

They should 100% go after drs, pharmaceutical companies etc that also facilitate this.. everyone in the life knows that one doctor who will write scripts for nothing.
The Taliban brought down opium production to nearly 0% and that's when, all of a sudden, the US invaded Afghanistan (under the guise that they were harboring OBL when he was supposedly in Pakistan the whole time) and opium production went through the roof. Only morons would believe that it was a coincidence.

justjess

Superstar
The Taliban brought down opium production to nearly 0% and that's when, all of a sudden, the US invaded Afghanistan (under the guise that they were harboring OBL when he was supposedly in Pakistan the whole time) and opium production went through the roof. Only morons would believe that it was a coincidence.
Ive been saying that for years. Everyone thinks im nuts.

TMT

Star

You know I like you JJ and I hate to go there but that is through the lens of a lot of white privilege.

TMT

Star
You still suck KF, but you're right about this. This is a true "conspiracy" and has been well documented, from Air America to Iran Contra.

Aero

Superstar
You can walk into the police station with a lost of all the drug dealers in the neighborhood, their license plate number, phone numbers, where they meet for deals, etc.. and the police do nothing. I know because ive done this.
That's because hearsay isn't probably cause. Now if you bought drugs from the dealer first. Then took the drugs to the police, they would arrest you. Than they would investigate the dealers. But I think you know how the law works.

And what's wrong with compassion? It's not about having a bleeding heart for every addict. It's about trying to prevent the average American from becoming the next victim. I don't get why that's a hard concept to understand. Drug addicts aren't all evil. They just made some bad choices, and some of them made terrible choices.

TMT

Star
Look the point is, executing drug dealers is what authoritarians do. Nobody cares about them and they are an easy target for people's rage, and scapegoating people for societies ills is what fascists do best.

justjess

Superstar
I never said anything about addicts.. there is a big difference between having compassion for addicts and having it for dealers.

If i called the cops about any other thing, it would be investigated. Im not asking to arrest on my word. But why have a narcotics unit if you arent going to investigate? Also, it isnt hearsay if youve watched the sale, which i have and the cops were well aware that i had. See below.. even if it was why do they investigate tips for other things received in the exact same manner? Hell they even pay you for them in some cases.

@TMT what reeked of white ptivilage and why? Im curious. Because honestly my husband spent 12 years in prison, i did those 12 years with him, im out here struggling with him dealing with all the same hurdles to reintegration as everyone else does, our skin color hasnt helped us one bit. On a macro level i get it, on a micro level not so much.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
If i called the cops about any other thing, it would be investigated. Im not asking to arrest on my word. But why have a narcotics unit if you arent going to investigate? Also, it isnt hearsay if youve watched the sale, which i have and the cops were well aware that i had.
Yeah but it's still hearsay though. Plus you don't know what else could be happening. I've seen people on the streets selling drugs before. And I'm pretty sure half of them are undercover cops or snitches. They allow snitches to operate out there. But that's kind of what they need to build an actual case.

If they are investigating a child welfare case, or a gun they can just walk up and ask someone. And probably get some type of answers. That isn't going to work on any decent drug dealer. Because there's slim to none middle ground on drug charges. If you get tripped up in felony possession there is no way out.