Trumped

Aero

Superstar
I'm worried about the optics of giving teachers an incentive to carry guns. It just sends the wrong message to our future. Plus the whole narrative falls apart when you realize a lot of the good guys with guns don't act. Police and private security are finally catching some heat for not doing their jobs. They can keep up with the good guys with guns narrative, but I know where that road goes.

It doesn't match actual police procedure. People aren't trained to rush in like Sir Lancelot. They are trained to be cautious and call for a SWAT team. Than the SWAT team doesn't even rush in. I'm just so tired of the wild west mentality some people seem to have. Like none of these fools have ever been in a gun fight. They have never been shot at. They are just vomiting in their own mouths.

I think it's time we end the power these type of dog whistles have over us. Like wow. It's just sad at this point.

justjess

Superstar
I am very concerned with bringing guns into schools..

Ive been involved in numerous incidents with kids in psychoatric crisis where i could see either the kid grabbing for the gun, or the staff uwing the gun rather then deescalating the situation or restraining the child how we currently do.. just like cops tend to overuse guns when they perceive a threat, irregardless of if that threat is legitimate or could have been dealt with differently.

I honestly believe bringing guns to school will just escalate things unneccessarily.

The Zone

Star
Not a fan of teachers with guns. A fan of security, trained well with guns and this is the once place I am okay with cameras in the hallways and entrances with detectors. So, what it a student wrestles a gun from a teacher? Guns and trained persons should be close but not right in front of people. But...a teacher with a gun is better than nobody with one to protect students. Still, there should be a better alternative.

justjess

Superstar
Every school ive worked in or my son has gone to has had security cameras in the hallways. None has had metal detectors.. thats probably a good place to start. All these schools have also had one armed police officer stationed there, which im also okay with.

Teachers with guns or a heavierpolice presence im not okay with.. it changes things from a learning environment to even more like a prison atmosphere. And as i said earlier it cpuld be very dangerous. We have special needs students including emotionally disturbed mainstreamed in these schools.. ive seen them use anythjng they could get their hands on as weapons - chairs, desks, pens.. as it stands the worst they can get to is a scissor usually which typically they can still be disarmed from without much risk. If they can grab a gun and untrained nervous staff also can easily get a gun.. the outcome in my head doesnt look very good

Masked crusader7

Established
well all i can say is Deliverence cast out Demons out of them and the children will be alot Diffrent no need for police but im sure there will be some still police protecting the students but you see people dont want this to be a silution to the problem because to the kingdom of darkness its bad buissnes just pray for help ill pray too to God almighty