Trumped

Aero

Superstar
Right. All the economic spin will pacify the masses, but most of us know better.

It is textbook emotional manipulation. The poor man is supposed to believe he will get rich. Either through hard work or striking gold. But the reality is pretty simple. The odds of that happening to anyone are astronomically low. Plus if people en-masse all decide to play the employment game strictly benefitting themselves there would be serious chaos.

I don't want to punish the lucky, or successful people. As far as I'm concerned most of them are probably being hustled even more than I am. So what I'm saying is part of the problem is all of us. We have to be smarter with our money and try to dispel whatever illusions we can. If we can't stop ourselves from getting hustled so hard the idea of effective policy actually coming out is pure lunacy.

Rich people need to believe they are living it up and the justice system does everything it can to enable that thinking. But as I said before, the illusion is only strong enough to pacify the masses. Under real inspection or even the slightest bit of scrutiny, the illusion is exposed for what it is. The rich are still miserable, still, don't have a clue and some may argue they suffer more.

Let me put it this way. Thousands of people may come to literally depend on 1 rich moron. In an era where financial responsibility isn't even a thing, that is called a serious burden. And they fight and scream to construct an illusion of apathy, but guess what? The illusion is only strong enough to pacify the masses!

justjess

Superstar
Any one listen to or see Michael Cohen testimony?

Also the North Korea talks have collapsed with no deal

Awoken2

Superstar
Any one listen to or see Michael Cohen testimony?

Also the North Korea talks have collapsed with no deal
Yes, it has now descended into a one giant circus.

When Trump say's he was impressed with Cohen for not playing the Russian collusion card but then says the man is a liar and should not be listened to it just highlighted how farcical this presidency has become.

So Trumps master counter move is saying this man who is calling me a liar cannot be trusted because he lied to Congress on my behalf.

justjess

Superstar
The thing in that article that should be of interest is that a mafia member is threatening a hit on Cohen. This should naturally lead to questions regarding trumps ties to the mafia. Especially considering he’s from nyc and builds lots of stuff, and the mafia atleast used to have a hold on all the construction unions out there. Oh yeah plus Atlantic City

Aero

Superstar
Lol, I doubt anyone is going to greenlight Michael Cohen.

Let's pretend I'm the underboss for a minute. Hitting Cohen now definitely brings too much heat. But I wouldn't order his killing anyway. He's just trying to save his own at this point. Plus he's getting charged for what countless other lawyers probably get away with every day.

Cohen only got caught because there was a huge microscope on him. So that tells me that it's all going to be a wash.

justjess

Superstar
I think Gambino is a sellout personally but wtf man... trump having the mob speak up for him is not exactly cool

Aero

Superstar
I think Gambino is a sellout personally but wtf man... trump having the mob speak up for him is not exactly cool
Haha. That all depends on where you are from.

La Costa Nostra was all downhill after Gotti and crew assassinated Paul Castellano. Then, of course, the government completely took over organized crime. I think we might of been better off with more Mafiosos