1) we were already steadily adding jobs to the economy before trump took office. And the jobs that have been added under both obama and trump have been shit. Low paying, no benefits, shitty hours etc.I have said the recession is coming for years because of the fake money fed but I also gave Trump credit for making some adjustments when he came into the office to make it better -- more jobs, low gas prices and actually attempting to right the wrongs of those who gave away money for nothing to other countries.
I do not have magical powers to halt your criticism nor is that my intent. I am trying to wake people up to not take out all their angst on a single man. Your criticism, IMO, is over the top and that will be met on a discussion board with some push back.
As for the tactics you label me with, well .... I say this with as much respect as possible, but you protest and complain about a lot. You seem to think Trump is to blame for the same things you may or may not complain about if he was not in the office.
So, you are really blaming a recession that is not here quite yet on one move by Trump and not worldwide problems? The recession I am talking about will be worldwide and not just in the US. I made a thread on that. A recession also happens when people want too many free benefits expecting the government to foot the bill and citizens wanting to live beyond their means.
I resent you trying to make me a bully wife-beater with nefarious tendencies. I am the same person who took up for you when you had a stalker and was at the front of the line to do so.
Lastly, Trump is CONSIDERING a payroll tax cut. It has not happened yet, so why are we acting as it has? So, maybe the secondary point here is can we stick to facts? Seriously, your hate for Trump does not seem really healthy to me but I actually support your freedom to complain. Just maybe consider you will hear differing views when doing so. And I know this will seem standoffish in your view, but if MSM does not play a role in your take, then why do you hit their talking points? I mean, we have to get our information in some way from reading or listening to others.
The alternative to Trump is the crazed socialism bent left. The Democrats who run cities which are overrun by homelessness and crime. The ones who had us in conflicts with Isis, etc and catered to the Military-Industrial Complex. The ones who want to open the borders which will essentially halt all hand out programs for our poor in that the money will run out. The ones who will help deliver us into eventual one-world rule where our thoughts will send us to jail.
Trump is a blowhard and hard to stomach and more or less has been neutralized and may be sold out, but I would take him over Hillary any day of the week and I will begrudgingly back him over any socialist candidate. I realize he is not really in control but others seem to think he is. But I do like the slowing of the roll into all-out madness the Democratic party I once belonged to wants.
Gas is hovering around $3/gallon where I live, has been for a long time. So I don’t see low gas prices either. And even if it was that is based on global factors, not trump.
He’s also still giving away money to other countries last time I checked.
2) would you rather me say “the republicans led by trump and neo liberals?” Trump is the president. The head of his party. Hence trump takes the most heat. It isn’t like he’s out there actively opposing the things his party is doing that I don’t agree with, he’s supporting or even pushing for them.
3) id complain about these things no matter which president was doing them. I chose to be a social worker, these were issues ALWAYS important to me or I wouldn’t have chosen a profession that is literally all about them.
4) it’s not one move.. come on. He gave the richest Americans a tax cut - the money they saved isn’t getting pumped back into the economy because no matter how rich you are there’s only so much money a person can spend. And businesses don’t hire because they have more money, they hire because they have more work. If the people needing the work don’t have money both they and the businesses they would use if they did suffer. And the tax cut ended up being an increase for a lot of people in the upper middle class - the people who actually do spend money and pump it into the economy. The poor didn’t see more or lose more so it was a wash.
Then add in the trade wars which are hurting American businesses and consumers. Businesses are losing revenue and consumers are paying more. This isn’t good. Not for anyone.
So we have less government revenue to do things, people have less to spend, and costs are increasing. How was that not going to cause or seriously contribute to a recession?
5) I don’t want you to resent me and I will always appreciate what you did for me in that situation. Always. But this specific issue is bringing out a side of you I’ve never seen and don’t specifically like. I’m not saying you are that way generally but on this issue that is how you are behaving. I’m looking at green grass and your trying to convince me it’s purple. When I won’t accept it’s purple you tell me I’m brainwashed or deflect to tell me well the grass may be green but can you believe what those clouds did? It’s not an honest debate method. It’s not cool. I’ve never once expressed support for Hilary or obama but every time I criticize trump you try to throw them in my face, then blame msm, then tell me I’m delusional like I can’t trust my own eyes ears and experience.. this seems to be an emotional issue for you but you don’t want to say that. I will freely admit it is for me. The things he is attacking are fundamentally important to me. Both personally and professionally.
6) there has been a republican goal of cutting social security, Medicaid and Medicare for YEARS. It has always received a ton of push back so they haven’t gone there... but this is an indication they found a new way to frame it and make it atleast temporarily acceptable. Because people don’t naturally think long term, they think “oh great more money in my paycheck” and th fact that it will come at expense of their retirement or disability doesn’t register until it’s too late.
5) you are talking about neoliberals, not the left I support. There’s a big difference. And the republicans in general are no better on any of those issues.