Trump wants to clean up

Lisa

Superstar
As he cuts all funding for whatever meager social safety net we have.... sure I believe him.
Having trump talk about it gives it more publicity anyway. Idk what he can do about it but its nice to know that the president of the US knows what some cities are like instead of being oblivious to it all.

justjess

Superstar
Having trump talk about it gives it more publicity anyway. Idk what he can do about it but its nice to know that the president of the US knows what some cities are like instead of being oblivious to it all.
He lives in nyc. He systematically helped to create the affordable housing crisis in nyc by making bogus repairs with absorbatant costs (100’s of times what they should have cost) to justify raising rents on rent controlled apartments and turned previously affordable units into unaffordable luxury condos. He knows better than anyone because he helped create the damn situation.

Now he wants to clean it up? How? Be cutting all federal funding allocated to help homelessness? By opposing raises in wages that would help people be able to afford a home? By raising taxes on the middle classes - pretty much specifically the middle classes which occupies the cities he is now citing and others like it? (Cap on property tax deductions which slammed the middle class in blue cities)?

Open your eyes.

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
no-- i disagree with trump on this. i dont want any federal government interference with these cities. let the state governments dig themselves out of this bomb crater which theyve gotten themselves.

Vixy

Star
no-- i disagree with trump on this. i dont want any federal government interference with these cities. let the state governments dig themselves out of this bomb crater which theyve gotten themselves.
Dude, they probably cant do that though.

polymoog

Superstar
Dude, they probably cant do that though.
why should taxpaying areas who HAVE kept fiscally responsible have to pay for those cities' mis-allocated funds? the pols have no problem becoming a sanctuary city and providing for illegal aliens at the expense of american homelessness. they shouldve been focused on this instead of worrying about plastic drinking straws and "natural hair discrimination".
the city budget in SF, the most expensive city in the US, is 10 BILLION dollars for 2017-18. thats a lot of money for nothing to be happening.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/aboutsfgate/article/Despite-money-and-work-homelessness-in-SF-as-bad-11242946.php

justjess

Superstar
Immigrants aren’t the reason for homelessness in these cities. Gentrification is. Add to that wages that haven’t risen in decades... you have a perfect storm. Trump helped create the damn situation he is now complaining about, and he didn’t say they were going to try to help the homeless either - it was a complaint about them existing. But it’s nothing new for him.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-wanted-vets-kicked-off-fifth-avenue?ref=scroll

Sunshine

Established
Fact: L.A., S.F. and N.Y were the most expensive cities to live in waaaay before Trump came around. There have also been huge populations of homeless in these and many, many other cities for decades. City, county and state politicians have had years to come up with solutions, and what little they have done has been like putting band-aids on a leper.

With the addition of tens of thousands of immigrants, legal and illegal, the problem has grown exponentially in a short time. The level of disease alone is enough to cause a potential outbreak. Remember last year when San Diego decided to hose down its streets with bleach to stave off a hepatitis epidemic? That's going to be happening more and more unless we address this set of problems as a nation.

Whaddya wanna bet a few of the democratic presidential "candidates" are going to try to use this fiasco as a talking point in their sales pitches, and, like you have done, lay the onus at Trump's feet? These recent comments of his are designed to steal their thunder, and make any grand-standing they would do in this vein obsolete. The impressive thing is, he is undermining their arguments before they even make them.

If he is concocting some sort of Actual Plan to address the issues of homelessness, then that would be a huge bonus. Of course, we are so used to all politicians on both team never doing anything about it, even I don't believe he will actually try to solve or even mitigate the problem.

But to blame Trump for the problem of homelessness is not only intellectually lazy, it is a choice to willfully ignore the causes and conditions that have affected our fellow citizens for a very long time. Those very causes and conditions are what need to be addressed if we are ever to help those who want a way out, and ensure safety and access to resources for those that choose life on the streets. (Yes, some homeless people choose to live that way. I know. I met them when I was homeless.)

As to your other assertions, I have a quick BTW: Trump and the red team are the ones who DON'T want to raise taxes, remember? They are kinda famous for it. If you are so full of bile and venom that you can't even keep that straight, then you should go meditate or take a pill or something. And the whole "$15 minimum wage" thing has already proven itself a bust. Everywhere they've tried it, small- and medium-sized businesses have had to either cut back on employee hours, lay people off entirely or shut their doors. So, that don't hold water either.

justjess

Superstar
Fact: L.A., S.F. and N.Y were the most expensive cities to live in waaaay before Trump came around. There have also been huge populations of homeless in these and many, many other cities for decades. City, county and state politicians have had years to come up with solutions, and what little they have done has been like putting band-aids on a leper.

With the addition of tens of thousands of immigrants, legal and illegal, the problem has grown exponentially in a short time. The level of disease alone is enough to cause a potential outbreak. Remember last year when San Diego decided to hose down its streets with bleach to stave off a hepatitis epidemic? That's going to be happening more and more unless we address this set of problems as a nation.

Whaddya wanna bet a few of the democratic presidential "candidates" are going to try to use this fiasco as a talking point in their sales pitches, and, like you have done, lay the onus at Trump's feet? These recent comments of his are designed to steal their thunder, and make any grand-standing they would do in this vein obsolete. The impressive thing is, he is undermining their arguments before they even make them.

If he is concocting some sort of Actual Plan to address the issues of homelessness, then that would be a huge bonus. Of course, we are so used to all politicians on both team never doing anything about it, even I don't believe he will actually try to solve or even mitigate the problem.

But to blame Trump for the problem of homelessness is not only intellectually lazy, it is a choice to willfully ignore the causes and conditions that have affected our fellow citizens for a very long time. Those very causes and conditions are what need to be addressed if we are ever to help those who want a way out, and ensure safety and access to resources for those that choose life on the streets. (Yes, some homeless people choose to live that way. I know. I met them when I was homeless.)

As to your other assertions, I have a quick BTW: Trump and the red team are the ones who DON'T want to raise taxes, remember? They are kinda famous for it. If you are so full of bile and venom that you can't even keep that straight, then you should go meditate or take a pill or something. And the whole "$15 minimum wage" thing has already proven itself a bust. Everywhere they've tried it, small- and medium-sized businesses have had to either cut back on employee hours, lay people off entirely or shut their doors. So, that don't hold water either.
The cities being expensive in general in no way negates what I posted. Are you from nyc? 20 years ago it was doable. There were neighborhoods that weren’t but a working person could realistically find somewhere to live. Then gentrification came in and now even the heart of the ghetto is too damn expensive. They’ve had to start special affordable housing programs for city employees. Trump and his family played a role here. He took the affordable buildings his father built and the second he was legally able to do so jacked up all the prices justifying the increases with bogus repair bills. This is well documented whether you want to believe it or not. This has very little to do with immigrants despite this being the new favorite scapegoat... actually some of this had to do with Jewish and Asian LEGAL immigrants in nyc atleast. But that’s never talked about for some reason.

For someone who didn’t want to raise taxes he sure did a hell of a job. That property tax shit he did ended up burying the middle class in blue areas with thousands more in taxes. My mom paid almost 10,000 more this year. She’s on a fixed income. Your right that he’s against raising taxes to some extent.. he doesn’t want them raised on himself or his peers. He clearly doesn’t care about the tax burden of anyone “beneath him”

This isn’t vile and venom this is reality. It’s hard to swallow. Sorry.

I’m not blaming trump for homelessness, I am pointing out how he himself has contributed to the problem he is now talking about.

The minimum wage has not kept up with inflation for decades. If a business can’t “afford” to pay better wages then they shouldn’t be in business.

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
why should taxpaying areas who HAVE kept fiscally responsible have to pay for those cities' mis-allocated funds? the pols have no problem becoming a sanctuary city and providing for illegal aliens at the expense of american homelessness. they shouldve been focused on this instead of worrying about plastic drinking straws and "natural hair discrimination".
the city budget in SF, the most expensive city in the US, is 10 BILLION dollars for 2017-18. thats a lot of money for nothing to be happening.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/aboutsfgate/article/Despite-money-and-work-homelessness-in-SF-as-bad-11242946.php
Yeah I hear ya but if they can't, they can't.. Look, all this extreme homelessness and ruguse and overall umemployment is bc of the elites doings, we all know this. That's why it's so "hard" to clean it up. When a billionaire have messed something up and you're a millionaire, you can't clean it up. Simple logic. These people are headed for a goal and they'll do ANYTHING to reach it and they're winning this game we didnt even know we were playing.

Order ab chaos

Lisa

Superstar
The cities being expensive in general in no way negates what I posted. Are you from nyc? 20 years ago it was doable. There were neighborhoods that weren’t but a working person could realistically find somewhere to live. Then gentrification came in and now even the heart of the ghetto is too damn expensive. They’ve had to start special affordable housing programs for city employees. Trump and his family played a role here. He took the affordable buildings his father built and the second he was legally able to do so jacked up all the prices justifying the increases with bogus repair bills. This is well documented whether you want to believe it or not. This has very little to do with immigrants despite this being the new favorite scapegoat... actually some of this had to do with Jewish and Asian LEGAL immigrants in nyc atleast. But that’s never talked about for some reason.

For someone who didn’t want to raise taxes he sure did a hell of a job. That property tax shit he did ended up burying the middle class in blue areas with thousands more in taxes. My mom paid almost 10,000 more this year. She’s on a fixed income. Your right that he’s against raising taxes to some extent.. he doesn’t want them raised on himself or his peers. He clearly doesn’t care about the tax burden of anyone “beneath him”

This isn’t vile and venom this is reality. It’s hard to swallow. Sorry.

I’m not blaming trump for homelessness, I am pointing out how he himself has contributed to the problem he is now talking about.

The minimum wage has not kept up with inflation for decades. If a business can’t “afford” to pay better wages then they shouldn’t be in business.
So, has trump also messed up LA , Portland, Seattle and San Francisco? You are trying to say that trump had a hand in NYC being messed up...but its happening in other cities too. The common denominator actually seems to be Democratic control of these cities and leniency towards drug addicts and the homeless.

I was reading a while back that a medical conference pulled out of having their conference in San Francisco because they didn’t like stepping over the homeless and the poo on the streets to get anywhere...negative actions again having negative consequences...

justjess

Superstar
So, has trump also messed up LA , Portland, Seattle and San Francisco? You are trying to say that trump had a hand in NYC being messed up...but its happening in other cities too. The common denominator actually seems to be Democratic control of these cities and leniency towards drug addicts and the homeless.

I was reading a while back that a medical conference pulled out of having their conference in San Francisco because they didn’t like stepping over the homeless and the poo on the streets to get anywhere...negative actions again having negative consequences...
I have no idea if he had a hand in any other cities. I didn’t claim he did. I also didn’t blame him single handedly for the problem. All I did was point out the role he played in one specific city he himself mentioned.

The problem is gentrification, which yes liberals have some culpability for. Never claimed they didn’t. Trump was a democrat when he started doing all that shit after all. But if you think nyc is lenient on drugs, you are extremely mistaken.

I don’t even know what leniency towards the homeless means? What do you propose we do? Lock them up for being poor?

Lisa

Superstar
I have no idea if he had a hand in any other cities. I didn’t claim he did. I also didn’t blame him single handedly for the problem. All I did was point out the role he played in one specific city he himself mentioned.

The problem is gentrification, which yes liberals have some culpability for. Never claimed they didn’t. Trump was a democrat when he started doing all that shit after all. But if you think nyc is lenient on drugs, you are extremely mistaken.

I don’t even know what leniency towards the homeless means? What do you propose we do? Lock them up for being poor?
Well, when your city becomes a sh*thole, something else needs to be done then to let people get away with using the streets as their living room and toilet.

Anyway..its good that trump sees these issues and is talking about them, perhaps he does have a plan.

justjess

Superstar
Well, when your city becomes a sh*thole, something else needs to be done then to let people get away with using the streets as their living room and toilet.

Anyway..its good that trump sees these issues and is talking about them, perhaps he does have a plan.
So you’d lock up homeless people? Lol... jesus.

Oh yes trump sees them... just like he wanted to kick the dirty veteran street vendors off their posts that were near his building.

Lisa

Superstar
So you’d lock up homeless people? Lol... jesus.
So..I say something needs to be done and you think I mean lock em up? :rolleyes:

Oh yes trump sees them... just like he wanted to kick the dirty veteran street vendors off their posts that were near his building.
People complain about people being too materialistic but the homeless have a lot of junk they carry around too. They come with loads of trash bags and filth and they park it and themselves on the sidewalk of your building. I know this because my husband has to call the police to move the homeless that sometimes take up residence on the sidewalk in front of his office building. They sit there and collect needless junk and leave mounds of trash when they are rousted out. Then there are the drug dealers that seem to follow them around that take up shop next to them or across the street, its an endless cycle.

The bigger cities are now getting to be known for the piles of trash and poo that pile up because of the homeless and drug addicts instead of being a really nice place to live..seems to be something wrong with that. If trump wants to bring attention to it so that something might be able to be done about it other than let the cities become mired in filth and disease...than good for him!

justjess

Superstar
So..I say something needs to be done and you think I mean lock em up? :rolleyes:

People complain about people being too materialistic but the homeless have a lot of junk they carry around too. They come with loads of trash bags and filth and they park it and themselves on the sidewalk of your building. I know this because my husband has to call the police to move the homeless that sometimes take up residence on the sidewalk in front of his office building. They sit there and collect needless junk and leave mounds of trash when they are rousted out. Then there are the drug dealers that seem to follow them around that take up shop next to them or across the street, its an endless cycle.

The bigger cities are now getting to be known for the piles of trash and poo that pile up because of the homeless and drug addicts instead of being a really nice place to live..seems to be something wrong with that. If trump wants to bring attention to it so that something might be able to be done about it other than let the cities become mired in filth and disease...than good for him!
I asked you specifically if you would lock them up and your response was something needs to be done. You didn’t say “no but something needs to be done”

Your husband doesn’t need to call the cops. He calls the cops because he’s an asshole. Everyone has this NIMBY attitude but refuses to do anything that would actually help so quite frankly I’m tired of hearing it.

I walk around nyc all the time. Never walked past poop and the homeless don’t bother me, I feel bad for them give them a couple dollars if we have it and move on. They have always been a part of the city. Always. They have every right to be there just like anyone else. I’d love it if they actually helped these people but just shuffling them off because they inconvenience some rich assholes aesthetic is bullshit, no one owns the streets.

Lisa

Superstar
I asked you specifically if you would lock them up and your response was something needs to be done. You didn’t say “no but something needs to be done”

Your husband doesn’t need to call the cops. He calls the cops because he’s an asshole. Everyone has this NIMBY attitude but refuses to do anything that would actually help so quite frankly I’m tired of hearing it.

I walk around nyc all the time. Never walked past poop and the homeless don’t bother me, I feel bad for them give them a couple dollars if we have it and move on. They have always been a part of the city. Always. They have every right to be there just like anyone else. I’d love it if they actually helped these people but just shuffling them off because they inconvenience some rich assholes aesthetic is bullshit, no one owns the streets.
Lol...either way I didn’t say that locking them up was the answer....:rolleyes:

Yes, my husband does need to call the cops and that doesn’t make him an asshole it make him a good citizen to not take the law into his own hands and call the people who can take care of the situation.

Its not rich assholes, its business owners and they all meet everyone once in awhile when it gets bad enough..they don’t like it either. The homeless don’t own the streets either and its not for them to camp out on them and use them as their personal toilets.

justjess

Superstar
Lol...either way I didn’t say that locking them up was the answer....:rolleyes:

Yes, my husband does need to call the cops and that doesn’t make him an asshole it make him a good citizen to not take the law into his own hands and call the people who can take care of the situation.

Its not rich assholes, its business owners and they all meet everyone once in awhile when it gets bad enough..they don’t like it either. The homeless don’t own the streets either and its not for them to camp out on them and use them as their personal toilets.
Why exactly does he need to call the cops?

No one owns them. That’s the point. You don’t call the police and say “oh no not my building” - the sidewalk and street in front of it is public, if it’s not do your heartless self.

Lisa

Superstar
Why exactly does he need to call the cops?

No one owns them. That’s the point. You don’t call the police and say “oh no not my building” - the sidewalk and street in front of it is public, if it’s not do your heartless self.
He calls the police to get them to move on because like I said the trash piles up and it’s just disgusting. The police will come and send them on their way, so that obviously is their job and they do send them on their way...you can’t just live on a public sidewalk and all that comes with it.

Edit: You can’t live on a public sidewalk until the politician’s let them and then you’ve got filth and disease and nothing to be done about it. We don’t have that yet in our capital city but I’m sure it’s gonna happen here too.

Last edited: