Trump wants to clean up

polymoog

Superstar
I think it helps if people know they don’t have to work to get a meal. I’m a teach them how to fish rather than give them the fish kind of person. I don’t think that makes me wrong.
right-- but if they are given food, they can focus on planning how to get their lives back into society. they have time to look for a solid job or get a GED if they need one, or whatever. additionally, the food is clean (healthy... i dont know) so they wont be sick which costs the taxpayers money in the hospital for their treatment.

I don’t think that addicts are less fortunate, they’ve tanked themselves.
yes, they have, but anyone who has tanked themselves usually has undergone a severe traumatic experience in their life. rarely does one turn to heroin or crack or alcohol abuse if their life is going great. one gets depressed like youve never conceived possible, turn to something to alleviate the pain, and it spirals out of control.
i think they need some help.

but I was wrong about the other assumption I made...
The more you do drugs the less of a good person you are...it’s not hopeless to turn it around, but until you do, your life isn’t good.
theres plenty of people who smoke weed, use mushrooms, do ayhuasca, and smoke cigarettes and their lives are just fine. lets phrase it this way and say "drugs that control a persons life".

justjess

Superstar
I think it helps if people know they don’t have to work to get a meal. I’m a teach them how to fish rather than give them the fish kind of person. I don’t think that makes me wrong.

I don’t think that addicts are less fortunate, they’ve tanked themselves.

No doubt about that.

I’m gonna take it you didn’t mean gas person...but I was wrong about the other assumption I made...
The more you do drugs the less of a good person you are...it’s not hopeless to turn it around, but until you do, your life isn’t good.
And while you teach them to fish are they supposed to starve?? You do realize some people are effectively unemployable.. no matter how hard they want to work no one wants to hire them. This can be for a million reasons. Many outside of someone’s control or based on mistakes they made decades earlier. Also about 45% of homeless people are employed. With wages being so low and costs skyrocketing how the hell do you come off judging someone? Half the country is one case of bronchitis away from eviction, holding on by a damn thread and it has nothing to do with drugs. All homeless people aren’t addicts and I’d be willing to bet a good proportion of those who are developed an addiction after their life went to complete shit. If your so damn low your living in a gutter what point is there in maintaining perfect sobriety? I’d want any mental escape I could get from that reality too.

People are born with chemical makeups that predispose them to addiction. They do the same messing around as pretty much everyone else when their young and get caught up in it due to the way their brain and body works. Other people have an injury or illness that necessitates them taking pain killers and they get hooked. Again because of the way their brain and body works. You need to get off your high horse.

I meant bad. Many addicts are amazing people. Drugs can make good people do bad things. That doesn’t mean the person is bad, their actions are.

I don’t do drugs lisa. I just want to make that clear. I have a drink maybe three times a year and I haven’t even smoked weed for my ms in 6 years. I’ve lost a whole lot of people I loved very much to drugs and I would not have loved them if they were shitty people.

Lisa

Superstar
No, it is not, who in this world is that a foreign concept to I wonder? If people don’t have a family member than they know friends. I’ve had both friends and family. Luckily a family member and his wife have got things together...for the most part, they gave up their drugs, got married and have a little girl. I sure hope and pray they never go back to their old lives, especially with their little girl now in the picture. A nephew who abuses drugs and my sister did them years ago.

A family friend has just been committed to a hospital because of his alcoholism. The alcoholism and drug use that has affected his family for decades, though I think he’s just an alcoholic now and not a drug user, but his sons are/were drug users. One of his sons is dead because he was abusing drugs drove down a mountain and not on a road. His other son is heavy into drugs and no one knows where he is right now. His wife died after she went on a summer binger and wasn’t watching the kids. She came back home went cold turkey and died watching tv next to her daughter...ya, I know a little about it all.

Lisa

Superstar
right-- but if they are given food, they can focus on planning how to get their lives back into society. they have time to look for a solid job or get a GED if they need one, or whatever. additionally, the food is clean (healthy... i dont know) so they wont be sick which costs the taxpayers money in the hospital for their treatment.
That’s the hope right...but do those people do that though? You know if you just give people hand outs...they stop doing for themselves a lot of the times. I mean, if people are serious about not being homeless they will take that helping hand and use it...if not, that won’t help them.

yes, they have, but anyone who has tanked themselves usually has undergone a severe traumatic experience in their life. rarely does one turn to heroin or crack or alcohol abuse if their life is going great. one gets depressed like youve never conceived possible, turn to something to alleviate the pain, and it spirals out of control.
i think they need some help.
Is that an excuse to tank themselves though? They aren’t just hurting themselves...they are hurting their family members too. You forget people also do drugs to keep up with their friends.

I have been that depressed I was suicidal for many years..I know what that is like. I also know about wanting relief..instead of turning to drugs or drink..I had food issues big time...still do..so I also know the pressures of relapsing. I feel like with food though, you don’t have a choice on whether you can give that up, cause you don’t eat you die...so its always a pressure on me. Whereas, drug addicts/alcoholics that was a choice..for whatever reason. Same kind of issue, its my choice to overeat..their choice to self medicate we all have to choose not to to stop it. That’s how you stop, you choose to not do it. I’ve heard aa says its one day at a time...but is a choice to begin..its a choice to stop.

theres plenty of people who smoke weed, use mushrooms, do ayhuasca, and smoke cigarettes and their lives are just fine. lets phrase it this way and say "drugs that control a persons life".
I think that’s a myth..no ones life is just fine.

Lisa

Superstar
People are born with chemical makeups that predispose them to addiction.
That’s called sin.

I meant bad. Many addicts are amazing people. Drugs can make good people do bad things. That doesn’t mean the person is bad, their actions are.

I don’t do drugs lisa. I just want to make that clear. I have a drink maybe three times a year and I haven’t even smoked weed for my ms in 6 years. I’ve lost a whole lot of people I loved very much to drugs and I would not have loved them if they were shitty people.
People are amazing..ya, I’ll give ya that..but their actions a lot of the time aren’t. Choosing to make right choices isn’t easy I get that. But, at the end of the day..one must choose good choices. How do you separate a person from their actions? Love the sinner hate the sin..I suppose so, but that person that keeps going many times loses that because of their actions. After awhile you cease to see the person you loved and see just the way they are now and its really that with addicts. Again...not saying that they can’t pull out of it and get back to where they were..its just that its so much harder when they let themselves go to the extent they are homeless.

Good, glad you don’t do stuff anymore...you made that choice.

Lisa

Superstar
He keeps saying it’s not his fault..it was an addiction but then he gave the reasons people drink...so which is it?

justjess

Superstar
That’s called sin.

People are amazing..ya, I’ll give ya that..but their actions a lot of the time aren’t. Choosing to make right choices isn’t easy I get that. But, at the end of the day..one must choose good choices. How do you separate a person from their actions? Love the sinner hate the sin..I suppose so, but that person that keeps going many times loses that because of their actions. After awhile you cease to see the person you loved and see just the way they are now and its really that with addicts. Again...not saying that they can’t pull out of it and get back to where they were..its just that its so much harder when they let themselves go to the extent they are homeless.

Good, glad you don’t do stuff anymore...you made that choice.
Asshole I said I don’t do drugs. Not I used to be an addict. Because I figured that was coming and somehow it came anyway.

The thread is about homeless people. Not addicts. Some homeless people are addicts but no where near all of them. People are homeless for a ton of different reasons but I’m sure it’s easier for you to just write them all of as addicts since you clearly don’t give a hoot about addicts it makes it real simple not to give a hoot about homeless people too.

Are you sure you READ that bible Lisa?

Lisa

Superstar
Asshole I said I don’t do drugs. Not I used to be an addict.
Didn’t you say this..
I haven’t even smoked weed for my ms in 6 years
That’s doing drugs, though you have an excuse, everyone does.
Edit: and I never called you an addict...

The thread is about homeless people. Not addicts. Some homeless people are addicts but no where near all of them. People are homeless for a ton of different reasons but I’m sure it’s easier for you to just write them all of as addicts since you clearly don’t give a hoot about addicts it makes it real simple not to give a hoot about homeless people too.
I brought up many homeless are addicts..I think it’s ok to discuss it in a thread about the homeless and it’s my thread...

Are you sure you READ that bible Lisa?
I do.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Smoking weed for MS crosses the line from excuse to medicinal. You really should do some research on medical marijuana.
Does it? Or is it just another excuse to do that drug? Next people will say..magic mushrooms help..oops! That’s being done now too.

justjess

Superstar
Read up on marijuana and MS. I smoke jt when I have an attack that makes entire segments of my body go entirely numb/dead. No sensation. The weed helps me to have a little bit of sensation so I can do things like hold a cup or a fork.

That’s hardly an “excuse” and I don’t even like the feeling of being high, ill deal with it cuz I like to not starve more.

justjess

Superstar
CBD, perhaps?
Probably try it if and when I have another attack. Haven’t had an attack since December 2012 so haven’t had a reason to see if that’s a better option. It wasn’t so easily available back then.