Trump Signs Largest Arms Deal In American History With Saudi Arabia

Serendipity

Established
" The United States and Saudi Arabia have sealed an arms deal worth $350 billion over the next decade, the White House said Saturday, on the occasion of President Trump's first visit to Riyadh since taking office. The deal was partially negotiated by Trump's son-in-law and senior White House adviser Jared Kushner, who reportedly called the CEO of defense contractor Lockheed Martin and asked her to lower the price of a missile detection system while meeting with Saudi officials earlier this month.

The immediate sale is worth $110 billion and includes "Abrams tanks, combat ships, missile defense systems, radar, and communications and cyber security technology," officials familiar with the package told The Associated Press Friday. “When completed, it will be the largest single arms deal in American history," said Vice Admiral Joe Rixey, chief of the Pentagon's Defense Security Cooperation Agency.

Riyadh is expected to use at least some of the weapons in its military intervention in Yemen's civil war, where the Saudi-led coalition has been accused of war crimes. Human rights advocates have warned that the deal risks making the United States complicit, though the U.S. is already offering logistical support to the intervention.

Saudi Arabia also announced business deals totaling $55 billion with U.S. companies in the energy and chemical sectors Saturday, presenting the deals to Trump shortly after he arrived. "

http://theweek.com/speedreads/700428/trump-signs-largest-arms-deal-american-history-saudi-arabia

This is what I meant when I said Trump isn't any different than any other US president. He tweeted and criticized Obama endlessly for dealing with SA and then goes and signs the largest arms deal with them in American history.

Please keep on supplying Saudi Arabia with arms so that they can keep funding terrorism and kill kids in Yemen and then start wondering why orphans turn into suicide bombers and why they 'hate' America.
FYI, they don't hate you because of your freedom.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
You know the average Trump voter thinks this is Ok. I'm betting this turns into the next Iran-Contra affair. Because nobody is going to be tracking these weapons. So don't be surprised when they turn up somewhere under a U.S arms embargo.

Maybe there is a silver lining, in that the people of Saudi Arabia were acting like Ivanka Trump was queen of the world.

Serveto

Star
Such a perfect extortion racket. Topple the secular Baathist, Saddam Hussein, and install Muqtada Al Sadr, the at least sometimes Iranian-backed Shiite cleric, as the new (shadow) King of Iraq. Cause Saudi Arabia, the UAE and other predominantly Sunni countries to ally with Israel against the Shiites, and, in the end, get the Saudis to periodically cough up billion$ to "protect" themselves, their wobbly monarchy, from the Shiite axis of power. Although this one is playing itself out on a much vaster scale, and is far more complex, it reminds me of stories from 1930's New York City in which mafiosi extorted local store owners to pay for protection from the hoodlums the same mafiosi would have otherwise sent out to bully them. There is blood in the streets and the American populace "elects" these Clintons, Trumps and, by extension, Kushners into power.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
Exactly right the CIA has and still operates like the mafia. And of course wouldn't you know? Rico laws don't apply to the CIA.

This is the type of stuff that bugs me about America. Foreign intelligence agencies know more about our countries secret programs than we do. Something is seriously wrong there. These people sold us out forever ago. I hate to quote David Icke but, "The chasm between what's going on and what we are told is going on is enormous."

DesertRose

Superstar
:p funny excerpts:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trumps-encounter-glowing-orb-sets-alight-social-media-123319126.html
Trump's encounter with glowing orb sets alight social media
"Social media users were swift to let their imaginations run wild.
"Oh my god. Trump has obtained the Bajoran Orb of Time," tweeted games developer and U.S. congressional candidate Brianna Wu, in a reference to a mythical object from the "Star Trek" universe.
"I am gone from Twitter for like a few hours, and now Trump is a holding a Palantír!" Twitter user chrisError wrote, a reference to one of the magical crystal balls used by characters in J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings" series, notably the evil wizard Saruman, to see across time and space."
"Many users also referenced Hydra, the fictional villains in several Marvel comics properties, with some posting pictures of the event along with the group's catch phrase: "hail Hydra".

DR: In that pic Trump looks smug or snug? Sissi looks like he just ate cake and Salman looks like he is afraid. Like," Dear GOD I hope no one sees this".....The house of Saud is finished.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
In all fairness I have a salt lamp, that's basically a crystal ball. And I would rather have one like the Saudis. But it's basically rule number 1 in magic spells for dummies. You don't touch someone else's relics.