Trump poised to win $5 billion to build border wall

polymoog

Superstar
The question is: to keep people out- or to keep people in? People should be careful what they wish for.
thats certainly true.
on the other hand, is there really any place to hide from the NWO?

Etagloc

Superstar
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see that the build-up of the gigantic security apparatus is not necessarily in the interest of the people.

By the contrary logic, the PATRIOT act was patriotic.

Sunshine

Established
I know a lot of you on this site aren't Americans. I have a question for you: notwithstanding the whole "European Union" relaxation of borders for purposes of stimulating trade and travel within said Union, how do you feel about your national sovereignty and security? A lot of European nations have been having to deal with a torrent of immigration from third world countries for the past few years, and they are finding out first hand that it's no picnic in the park.

The US has been dealing with such a torrent for decades, and it's reached the point that immigrants feel entitled to the same rights and privileges that we have as Americans, without assimilating, without abiding by our laws, without paying taxes into the system, even when they receive the benefits (free education, public assistance, Medicaid) paid for by those same taxes.

We've got sh*t going down like MS13 gang members literally kidnapping two girls on their way to school, raping and murdering them, and dipsh*ts in NY and DC acting like they didn't do anything wrong, and they are somehow victims by being arrested for their terrible crimes!

People are getting trafficked in by the literal TruckLoad over our overly-porous border, being victimized, left to die, and sold into slavery in factory farms and the sex-trade and as servants for the well-to-do. What we have now is NOT WORKING, and if building a wall will help to even slow the pace of this wretched phenomenon, I say build that freaking WALL as high and as long and as deep as you can.

If Canada, Mexico, Great Britain, Australia, and every other country can choose who they do and do not let into their country, why shouldn't we exercise the same national right? Because we're American? Because those profiting off of the sale of the drugs and the guns and the humans like it better this way? Because our politicians tell us we should each be carrying around a great big bag of "white guilt"?

Nope, nope, and nope. It's the Land of the Free, not the Land of the Free-for-All.

P.S. Your flimsy "careful what you wish for" argument is ridiculous. If the govt. or some other entity ever tries something to make us want to leave, not only will they fail, but they will awaken a sense of purpose and cooperation in us that hasn't been seen since WWII. And we all know how that worked out.

Sunshine

Established
Illegal immigrants are not eligible for federal welfare benefits. Repeat illegal immigrants are not eligible for federal welfare benefits.
In theory, that's true. In practice, it is not. Having been to my local welfare office to sign up for the "Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies" program when I was pregnant with my son, I can attest that the FIRST PAGE of the online application for all benefit programs was a full page disclaimer, in four languages, basically saying "don't worry, if you sign up for benefits, we won't call Immigration (enforcement) on you." Saw it with my own two eyes.

justjess

Superstar
Only non citizens speak something other than english? I have plenty of legal citizen relatives who do not speak or read English, only Italian.

What about Puerto Rican’s? They are citizens of this country and their native language is Spanish. Many of them have moved to mainland USA and they have every right to, they are citizens.

Anywho...The children of illegal immigrants if born in America are American citizens and if so The children are eligible for benefits, the parents are not.

How that works is that if a family of three citizens is eligible for $500 in food stamps a month, a family with immigrant mom and two citizen kids would get $357 - the benefit is reduced by the parents portion.

So I will repeat again, illegal immigrants are not eligible for federal benefits. Some states decided to make them eligible and pay for it out of the states own money, that is a state by state situation and I don’t know. Florida might be one of them but it’s rather conservative so I doubt it. I’ve done audits for HUD, legal immigrants I’ve seen but never once did I see an illegal immigrant getting housing benefits and I did those audits for three years in four different states.

Also thunderian I do find it very odd how much skin you seem to have in this game for someone who claims to be a Canadian... how would u have any idea what our welfare laws are or how they are actually practiced?

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
You are just a very dishonest person aren’t you sunshine?

First of all “healthy mothers, healthy babies” is a privately run non profit, not a federal welfare program or even a state welfare program.

https://www.hmhbpbc.org/community-partners

Do you just count on people not fact checking a word you say?

Your experience at healthy mothers, healthy babies has no relevance in a discussion over whether illegal immigrants are entitled to federal welfare benefits. They are not.

It has no relevance to the application of said benefits either since that is not a welfare agency it is a private charity that is free to spend their money however they wish.

Furthermore I find it odd that a super conservative such as yourself, libertarian leaning as well, would rely on outside help of any sort. Isn’t that somewhat hypocritical?