Trump Orders Strikes on Syria Over Suspected Chemical Weapons Attack

rainerann

Star
It wouldn't surprise me if Trump did win a second term if he keeps up the good work. His approval rating is up to 51% because of this whole thing, which makes me sick. However, he is fast losing the support he had when he ran for president. Some conservative groups are not happy with this. I supported Rand Paul until Trump won and then went with the Libertarian party at that point, but the whole thing is a circus really at this point.

https://www.rt.com/usa/424308-trump-approval-rating-rasmussen/

Not to mention that there is no evidence of chemicals present at the sites we bombed.

"An engineer at the now-bombed-out research facility north of Damascus, which the US claims was the heart of Syria’s chemical weapons program, says the labs were making medicine and testing toys for safety.

RT Arabic correspondents have visited one of the main targets of the US-led missile attack on Syria, the Scientific Studies and Research Center in the Barzeh district in northern Damascus. The three-story building was pelted with 57 Tomahawk missiles launched from US warships and 19 air-to-surface missiles, the Pentagon said.

The massive bombardment left it lying in ruins, with its walls and roof almost completely collapsed and lab equipment scattered around.

The morning after the strike, several media outlets, including RT, AFP, CBS News and others were given a tour to the former research facility, now little more than a pile of rubble.

Read more

Caught in a lie, US & allies bomb Syria the night before international inspectors arrive

Said Said, an engineer at the facility, told RT Arabic that the very fact that such a trip was possible should serve as an evidence that no chemical weapons program was run at the site.

"You can see for yourself that nothing has happened. I've been here since 5:00 a.m. No signs of weapons-grade chemicals," he said. The researcher said he had worked at the facility for decades, and it used to develop medicine and household chemicals."

https://www.rt.com/news/424228-syria-strike-civilian-research-facility/

It is all such a joke. What I would really hope will come out of this is that the American public will grow a spine and become even more willing to vote for a 3rd party. It was disturbing to see that so many people depended on the idea that only Clinton or Trump were viable candidates to win and allowed it to create the division that it did.

Sanders would be doing the same thing Trump is doing right now and caving to the warmongers trying to transfer power to Israel. The only way to really challenge this would be with a majority vote for a 3rd party candidate to subdue the division the warmongers have created and present a legitimate possibility of regaining control. Almost like a second Boston Tea Party. Numbers matter to these people who are in control and if you can gain numbers for a cause that they do not have control over, then this creates a threat.

Golden Age

Established
In the absence of a credible presidential candidate emerging, Trump might as well stay in the Oval Office, on the basis that he can't do any more harm to the American people than the establishment (on Capitol Hill) have done, already !?

As for the Syria circus, i don't think missiles went anywhere any alleged chemical weapons facilities, either. The Russian Foreign Ministry is suggesting that two thirds of the missiles were shot down before they got to their intended targets, (verification required, though). The missiles that did land in Syria appear to have come down on abandoned warehouses and buildings complexes, not on high military value targets. One can't help thinking that we've just witnessed no more than military theatrics. I can't believe that Trump actually used the term "Mission Accomplished!" in his tweet ... i'll let you decide if it was buffoonery or a knowing >>wink of the eye<< to a sceptical public !?

Awoken2

Superstar
In the absence of a credible presidential candidate emerging, Trump might as well stay in the Oval Office, on the basis that he can't do any more harm to the American people than the establishment (on Capitol Hill) have done, already !?

As for the Syria circus, i don't think missiles went anywhere any alleged chemical weapons facilities, either. The Russian Foreign Ministry is suggesting that two thirds of the missiles were shot down before they got to their intended targets, (verification required, though). The missiles that did land in Syria appear to have come down on abandoned warehouses and buildings complexes, not on high military value targets. One can't help thinking that we've just witnessed no more than military theatrics. I can't believe that Trump actually used the term "Mission Accomplished!" in his tweet ... i'll let you decide if it was buffoonery or a knowing >>wink of the eye<< to a sceptical public !?
Do you honestly feel Trump is credible? If you do I think you've been had over.

Problem, reaction, solution is all we are seeing here.

Aero

Superstar
Exactly.

American leadership has clearly been gassing themselves for a long time. And gassing all of us obviously. I've been calling it "Nazi laughing gas". But it's actually not meant to be funny. Like I don't think the term popped into my head for no reason.

Yes, I think it might be true. They weaponized laughing, and have been using it on us all. I've suspected this type of shit for awhile, I mean I'm sure people here wouldn't be surprised a bit. Hasn't anyone noticed themselves going into weird laughing fits? About shit that isn't even funny either. Something is up with that.

Golden Age

Established
@Awoken2: "Do you honestly feel Trump is credible? If you do I think you've been had over.
Problem, reaction, solution is all we are seeing here.
Do you honestly feel Trump is credible? If you do I think you've been had over.

Problem, reaction, solution is all we are seeing here"

I'm actually saying exactly the opposite. He isn't credible. But 'in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king'

Last edited:

rainerann

Star

lol, mission accomplished

Karlysymon

Superstar
lol, mission accomplished

Indeed, it looks like 2003 and iam thinking, if TPTB badly want this now, it's going to take something major, (other than a chemical attack) to convince the world of a senseless war...whatever that event might be. Tonkin, maybe?

Antipapirus

Established
Here we go....

Trump and Putin are on the same side, they are fighting againts people that hold the peoples mind hostage and thats a powerful weapon which you have to fight carefully.... so they palyed the game...OH YOU WANT SOME BOMBS AND START WW3? .....Hey ASAAD? GOT SOME SPARE EMPTHY PLACES TO BOMB SO WE CAN GET THESE BLOODTHIRSTY COLOSEUM ANIMALS TO CHILL ?